Monaco GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dedge

Is there anybody in the Monaco place to tell us about the weather?
I live in south of France, and it seems to go better and better. But I can see some dark clouds and the wind is pushing them to thee east...

(God, please give us a rainy race...)

djones

I think Hamilton is running lighter than Alonso, maybe upto 5 laps so. He would have got pole but his best lap was spoilt by Webber.

I also think given how Hamilton has been starting races there is a good chance he will be in 1st by T1 anyway!

Principessa

Steven
Owner

djones wrote:I think Hamilton is running lighter than Alonso, maybe upto 5 laps so. He would have got pole but his best lap was spoilt by Webber.

I also think given how Hamilton has been starting races there is a good chance he will be in 1st by T1 anyway!
I hope not, because simply I think Alonso needs a boost. He might well take the upper hand for the rest of the season if he could just pull this one off. Anyway, British media too could need some backfire because that Hamilton thing is annoying me. And I'm not even living in the UK...

wazojugs

you should try watching the ITV coverage it england its getting a bit cringe worthy. its hamilton this hamilton that, hamiltons first crash, hamiltons 2nd on the grid blah blah.

I think by the end of the season ITV will perform fellation before the race starts.

Good driver and its nice that he is a brit but i just wish the media would stop reporting on him all the time. Maybe it because we have not had a decent driver since mansell.

leomax

That was a dominating victory!

modbaraban

leomax wrote:That was a dominating victory!
MP4-22 = WeaponOfMass(a)Distruction :shock:

they actually lapped almost the whole grid and could lap Massa if they needed to :roll:

Doesn't look like the closest F1 season of late.

bhall

wazojugs wrote:I think by the end of the season ITV will perform fellation before the race starts.
:lol:

siskue2005

again this is a different track, Mclaren where really fast in previous test track ( at paul ricardo - where they had the monaco simulation )....but were slow in canada and indy simulation tracks!
And again, Mclaren are always faster in Monaco..even when their car was bad...perfect example 2001, 2002 , 2004, 2006 ! ;)

So i hope its situation normal, when it comes to the next GP!

ThomasFredrickSmith

you should try watching the ITV coverage it england its getting a bit cringe worthy. its hamilton this hamilton that, hamiltons first crash, hamiltons 2nd on the grid blah blah.

I think by the end of the season ITV will perform fellation before the race starts.

Good driver and its nice that he is a brit but i just wish the media would stop reporting on him all the time. Maybe it because we have not had a decent driver since mansell.
I agree. I counted over 250 mentions of "Hamilton" in just over 2 hours. It's getting ridiculous.

mahesh248

actually the hype is lil too much now ...they need to relax ..

Tom

"and there will be a special program on how Lewis Hamilton has started the 2007 F1 season..." Give me a break, this is stupid. I think James Allan's 5y/o son has a point, he hasn't won a race yet, he's good but he gets the attention of a world champion. It must be doing him bad too, all the pressure they're putting on him.

The more I heard James Allan today the more apparent it became that he's really a gibbon with a microphone who stows away in the sound crew trucks and keep wandering into the studio just in time to 'commentate' on the race.

The things he said and the things he missed today, ](*,)
Its great to have a genuinely good driver and half decent commentator in Martin Brundle telling us useful information for a small proportion of the race but the rest of the time is spent talking to 'new fans' who've tuned in just for the 'Hamilton factor' when all the true fans want to see is good racing and some technical info on the cars and tracks.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

allan

common guys, it is still better than speed tv..
"Speed is showing speed.".. "Scott is on the pace"..."He is even faster than Kimi"....imagine that talk for 2 hours!!! at least hamilton deserves the spot light, but Scott Speed is just a mmmm... i dont wanna say it :wink:
for a moment, i wanted to change the channel to the italian tv, at least i want understand them when they talk about Luizzi :lol:

modbaraban

allan wrote:...at least i want understand them when they talk about Luizzi :lol:
they had Fisico to talk about.... and what a 'bravo-ish' defence by Trulli when being lapped :lol:

Scuderia_Russ

ds.raikkonen wrote:
dumrick wrote:I was at Ste. Dévote and saw it first hand...
Good to see LH crash :twisted: ...what does the media have to say about that eh? perfect Lewis? :twisted:
Nob!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-