Monaco GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
naknak_56

Is it just me or was that the most boring race ever??

millerjam

Dunno, I thought it was one of the best races I've seen in ages, maybe it depends on which coverage you watch. I watched the race on the German pay per view Premiere Channel and the coverage was brilliant, especially the Rosberg vs. Heidfeld battle.
However if you think the Hamilton name dropping on ITV is bad then you should watch German TV, where Schumi and Heidfeld get loads of biased coverage.
Also we've waited ages for a competitive British driver so how about we all stop complaining about the Hamilton name dropping and just enjoy watching him, it's hardly bigging him up if he goes out and delivers every weekend, as opoosed to some overrated finnish drivers...
You never know how long you're going to have to wait until there's this much anticipation about a British driver winning before a GP again...

onon

it was boring, nothing was happening, no overtaking, nothing. really boring, i fell asleep.

wazojugs

i thought it was quite a good race watching the maccas trade fastest laps with each other. Then the time gaps whilst lapping back markers dropping and rising.

Alosno managing to lap the field upto 3rd place is quite dominating and showed consistancy during the whole race.

A sprinkle of rain would have put the icing on the cake but it never came!

tomislavp4

Yeah, I was expecting rain too :(
But to see Hamilton sliding around corners with those speeds was also good :wink:

Rob W

I enjoyed the race. Pretty disappointed in Kimi's lack of pace/effort.

Something I've meant to bring up here for ages... People seem to either love or loathe Alonso but I've noticed a particular talent of his which goes unnoticed by commentators and discussions here.

Alonso has a talent for putting in extremely fast times when his car is heavy with fuel right in the five-ten laps right after pit stops. So often this allows him peg the time to people who pit after him. No other driver seems to be able to do this with the same consistency, not even Schumacher. For the past couple of years I've watched him do it and on many occasions it's helped him pass people or avoid being passed.

Anyone notice this? Alonso's 'heavy car' driving ability seems to be one of his strengths.

Rob W

allan

great win by mclaren!!!! it's hard for me to say it, but alonso drove in a fantastic way!!!
i was really shocked with Kimi's lack of mmmm.. let's say braveness.. we seem to be missing the old Kimi, who would risk everything for P1, like the way he passed webber climbing the hill in last year's race. Some people may not like it, but i think Shumi would have done a better job in climbing up the field in that situation...

PNSD

allan wrote:great win by mclaren!!!! it's hard for me to say it, but alonso drove in a fantastic way!!!
i was really shocked with Kimi's lack of mmmm.. let's say braveness.. we seem to be missing the old Kimi, who would risk everything for P1, like the way he passed webber climbing the hill in last year's race. Some people may not like it, but i think Shumi would have done a better job in climbing up the field in that situation...
Rev limited cars this year remember, and the Merc engine last year was not slow...

Also did you even see Kimis amazing amount of understeer, his second sector times show how bad his car was handling, and yet once in clear air, he managed to lap 1/2 quicker than Massa ;)

I watched the race, and live timing ( wrting down Hondas laps so obviously kept an eye on Kimis times etc ), Kimi did as well as he possibly could have.

He was unlucky with Nick after his stop slotting just in front because that cost him bags of time.

modbaraban

PNSD wrote:He was unlucky with Nick after his stop slotting just in front because that cost him bags of time.
around 10 seconds :idea:

PNSD

:o that much ?!
Whoa I saw Nick was slow at the time because JB had a massive gap for some breathing space, but that slow, thats just bad.

ds.raikkonen

as a Ferrari fan it was embarrasing to see the two Mclarens bolt to oblivion leaving Massa 69sec behind(even lapping Fisi at P4!!)..and kimi cud nt get past Wurz in the final stages, he shud have, not the weekend he wanted
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

bizadfar

tomislavp4 wrote:Yeah, I was expecting rain too :(
But to see Hamilton sliding around corners with those speeds was also good :wink:
Alot of people find this style unique and exciting. The funny thing is for Lewis he makes a really scruffy lap and his style is prone to that.

Schumacher use to do similar thing too, but far more consistent and actually found a shitload of time from it. :roll:

bizadfar

modbaraban wrote:
leomax wrote:That was a dominating victory!
MP4-22 = WeaponOfMass(a)Distruction :shock:

they actually lapped almost the whole grid and could lap Massa if they needed to :roll:

Doesn't look like the closest F1 season of late.
Massa stopped "racing" after his 1st stop.

The Maccas pushed eachother most of all the way. I wanted to see them push more after the final stops to see if they hurt the engines or something :lol: and also a better race.

naknak_56

I wasnt moaning about the coverage I was moaning about the the total lack of racing going on! Was there a pass for position on the track at all during the race?????

Didnt think so. Only 1 or 2 drivers even following each other closley.

Worst race ever.

pRo

naknak_56 wrote:Was there a pass for position on the track at all during the race?????
Yes, many, in the start. ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you