Canadian GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
monkeyboy1976

BBC Review of Sunday's race.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programme ... aone.shtml

In which Ron mentions Lewis' sucsessor Oliver Rowland.
http://www.oliverrowlandracing.com/
Start putting your bets on this lad winning the F1 WDC in 2016

modbaraban

pRo wrote:
vyselegend wrote:Speaking of Davidson, anyone mentionned when he pitted (last time), there was nobody!! he lost several seconds waiting for the crew to regroup.
Yeah, he had hit a...I don't know the english word for the small animals that can sometimes be seen on the track...
gremlins I believe...

manchild

One of the pics we've missed

mx_tifoso

Autosport wrote: Gordon's bosses had requested he ask Hamilton whether his maiden pole position was really the best feeling in the world - and, in fact, better than sex.

After much amusement and laughing at the question, Hamilton gave the response that Gordon had wanted: "I think it is completely different. You cannot compare it to sex. But you know? I would say it is better than sex. It is!"

Even McLaren boss Ron Dennis, who is very protective of his protege and very suspicious of the media and the way they ask questions, seemed slightly amused by it.

When asked shortly afterwards about whether anything Hamilton was doing was still surprising him, Dennis smiled: "I think the only thing that I would say has surprised me is that he has put sex after pole position.

"That is a bit of a surprise to me, but maybe that is because I am 60..."
:lol: You can tell little lewis doesnt have much of a life. Sex < Pole Positon ! What is he thinking! :lol:

If that is what he felt about getting Pole Positon, imagine how little sex means to him after winning. :shock:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

checkered

I read that bit

too and actually thought it somewhat cruel and thoughtless to cajole a youngster to make such statements in media that reaches, well, basically everybody. I mean I don't know about his personal life and am not particularly concerned about it either, but it's clear that to do what he's doing he has had to forgo much that others take for granted.

He has an incredible life, just very different to what most of us are used to or ever get to experience. I'm sure he felt obliged to try and deal with the comparison as humorously as possible, but the reality is that whatever his private life is like, he might've felt a bit set up, infringed upon and conflicted about having to deal with such subjects. I wouldn't think any less of him had he just told Gordon that he respects the privacy of people dear to him too much to answer that or something.

People are already trying to impose on Hamilton what they think embodies a great F1 driver, like a certain air of machismo and reckless abandon I guess. I'd rather see what he can make of it by himself and seeing his short F1 career thus far have to believe that he's capable of being an original. Given a couple of years of experience in the sport he might've avoided the question by playing to the obvious double entendre of being first on the grid as the "pole position" ...

"I didn't know there was a comparison to be made, as there are many ways to position one's pole. A grown man as you are, Gordon, I would've thought you had known that already!"

F1 Observer

This is an amateur video...

Kubica's BMW clipped the front right tyre of the parked Toro Rosso...Just look at how close the two marshals standing on the rear end of the STR02 were from being hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWZ7iKXfLXs

This was the most serious F1 accident since May 1, 1994.A miracle that Robert's OK.

Venom

F1 Observer wrote:This is an amateur video...

Kubica's BMW clipped the front right tyre of the parked Toro Rosso...Just look at how close the two marshals standing on the rear end of the STR02 were from being hit

This was the most serious F1 accident since May 1, 1994.A miracle that Robert's OK.
I swear he nearly flied over that wall!

The more I look at that coverage the scarier it becomes. I'm very glad he survived that horrible accident!
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

m3_lover

Has anybody noticed alot of the kubica videos have been taken down by FOM on you tube
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

mx_tifoso

m3_lover wrote:Has anybody noticed alot of the kubica videos have been taken down by FOM on you tube
I noticed it earlier this morning when I was gonna go back and watch some footage of the race, and the videos of Kubica's crash were all gone. But I'm glad they are still on http://www.dailymotion.com .
Enjoy :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se ... -canada-20
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

pRo

m3_lover wrote:Has anybody noticed alot of the kubica videos have been taken down by FOM on you tube
It's not just just the Kubica videos, they have removed plenty of other videos too lately.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

peroa

F1 Observer wrote:This is an amateur video...

Now I know why Scott Speed said that he almost --- in his pants. :shock: :shock:
Easy on the Appletini!

Tom

What amazed me was they let the entire pack keep driving through the wreckage, possibly puncturing their tyres, and making the drivers witness the broken car and medical team scrambling all over it lap after lap. Can't be good for the phycologically, they should definetly have thrown a red flag for that, it was a bad situation made even more dangerous.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

Tom wrote:What amazed me was they let the entire pack keep driving through the wreckage, possibly puncturing their tyres, and making the drivers witness the broken car and medical team scrambling all over it lap after lap. Can't be good for the phycologically, they should definetly have thrown a red flag for that, it was a bad situation made even more dangerous.
Indeed! Race should have been red flagged, circuit cleared and than race restarted. This way with stupid SC they only *ucked up.

modbaraban

I hope this isn't a repost.

That thing doesn't look like a pice of (hot) rubber, does it? How could it get stuck like that... I mean it could but...
anything can happen in Grand Prix racing and it frequently does, indeed :roll:
that was one crazy race...

vyselegend

I'll quote my own post: :wink:
After Kubica's crash, he was unlucky enough to stick some big debris in his front wing (was pretty visible on the left side), which disturbed front left brake's cooling (hence why he locked front left wing several time when pressured by FA at the end), and also it caused understeer at speed.