French GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Tom

Damn, I was going for Zonta, then again with Ricardo co-driving they would have almost certainly ended up on their side in the grandstand at Stowe.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

emburmak
emburmak

Massa is looking good for another win. KR has to get in b/w somehow. 8 races into the season and Massa is frankly giving KR a serious licking. 8)

f1.redbaron

Zorro, perhaps? :D

vyselegend

Ferrari are back to busyness, no doubt.
And Renault too on another scale, which makes me happy. I hope they give BMW a run for their money from now on.

Tom

I've just seen the results, I can't believe I missed the quali, why is Alonso so far back?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

vyselegend

Fernando had a gearbox issue starting Q3.
No engine change tough, so he can still bounce back. If it rains (whch is likely) it could be another Hungary 2006 performance from Alonso, who knows...

Lurch

Wonder if hamilton can put the squeeze on Massa in the first corner again?! Heres to hoping eh... :lol:

chasefreak
chasefreak

hamilton knows that his car is fast.
he knows if he even sticks to massa. rear wing he will be able to pull it off in the round of pit stops
it will be a crazy race

waynes
waynes

off topic i know but this driver is very very lucky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHGlFpr8 ... ed&search=

:shock:

Venom
Venom

Nick Heidfeld has really been a chicken today...
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Valdrien
Valdrien

oh man that was awesome the iceman is back! :D

Alonso at the start was awesome though, you never massa and raikonnen going that aggressively when they started at the back.

leomax
leomax

positions have turned around!
screw up by mclaren..
well done by ferrari and kimi

jaslfc
jaslfc

after the race there was the radio conversation between kimi and the pits. something interesting was they were reminding him to pick up rubber.. could this be just for precaution coz they were runnin a long stint on the soft compound and they wanting to make sure the tires passed the fia post race inspection?

allan
allan

jaslfc wrote:after the race there was the radio conversation between kimi and the pits. something interesting was they were reminding him to pick up rubber.. could this be just for precaution coz they were runnin a long stint on the soft compound and they wanting to make sure the tires passed the fia post race inspection?
This is normal, simply because rubber increases the total mass of the car, just remember Kubica's fist race last season, when he was disqualified because of that mistake (not collecting enough rubber). And btw, the tires are always approved, the teams dont get to choose there tires, but they simply recieve the sets from the FIA.

jddh1

I found the "pick up rubber" instruction quite odd as well. Thanks for the clarification Allan.