Italian GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mx_tifoso

Italian GP 2007

The fifth to last race of the season, it's been going by too fast!

Hopefully it will be an entertaining race weekend to watch and experience.

So far today there have been problems for a driver of each of the top teams, a hydraulic problem (PS2) for Raikkonen, and technical (PS1) and steering (PS2) related problems for Alonso. Hopefully each team will sort their problems out by tomorrow in order to be fully prepared to race on Sunday.

And also, the Spyker B-Spec will get its first race outing.

Espionage/legal issues aside, and let the driving do the talking for each team.

If any of our fellow members are there to experience the GP live, have a fun, exciting, and safe weekend :!:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

GTO

This race is all about pure hp & speed. Let's hope it's not processional except for a Ferrari 1-2. :P

Fan Solo

Its Massa for pole I think, Id also like to see Ant Davidson pull another cracker of a lap.

LH or FA in second, Kimi or Kubica to complete the second row.

Here's hoping anyway :)
MMIAFN

tomislavp4

I hope bmw will be atleast 4th, not the standard 5 and 6 :D

For pole and victory, some of the ferraris :wink:

Scuderia_Russ

GTO wrote:This race is all about pure hp & speed. Let's hope it's not processional except for a Ferrari 1-2. :P

...and low drag. :wink:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

It seems a shame Monza can't be the slipstreaming battle royale like it used to, the closest race finish ever recorded there i believe, Jackie Stewart I think. The highest average speed lap set by Montoya just a few years back. Safety first I suppose though.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

allan

Tom wrote:The highest average speed lap set by Montoya just a few years back..
\
[-( it's barichello in 2004 averaging 161 MPH

mx_tifoso

Both a red and a silver car had a fastest time in each of the practice sessions, thus proving the weekend will continue to provide intense battles between the two teams.

No need mentioning what sort of results I would prefer, but as long as the red cars lessen the gap in the constructors championship by a considerable margin on Sunday. And then gradually race by race, until Brazil when they will hopefully secure the 2007 WC.

Red cars on top, white bavarian car on third step, second french chassis fourth, first "british based new zealand-ish" chassis fifth, then second bavarian chassis, and then a french chassis, and a british based privateer who a few years ago had a columbian driver, and then the second "british based new zealand-ish" chassis in whatever position........
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Ciro Pabón

allan wrote:
Tom wrote:The highest average speed lap set by Montoya just a few years back..
\
[-( it's barichello in 2004 averaging 161 MPH
You are not talking about the same things. There are THREE different speed records at Monza, if I remember well. Can someone check for exact figures?

1. Juan Montoya has the fastest lap in history, period (2002). Of course, Juan did it during qualy on dry tanks, old style (sigh).

2. Rubens Barrichello has the fastest racing lap (2004). I'm not completely sure if Rubens managed to break the qualifying record by Juan. You tell me.

3. The fastest average race speed stands undefeated: Peter Gethin, 1971. I'm sure about that one. That was also the race with the closest finish (Ronnie Peterson came home 0.01 seconds later). This only means that in 1971 there were not enough southamerican drivers in the field... same story as today. ;)
Ciro

FLC
FLC

This is from itv, I guess it is credible:

- Rubens Barrichello recorded the fastest ever pole position lap at Monza in 2004 when he lapped in 1m20.089s, 161.820mph.

- But in the pre-qualifying session for the same race (which did not count for a grid position but only Q-running order), Juan Pablo Montoya lapped the track in 1m19.525s (162.968mph) which remains the fastest lap ever recorded in an F1 car.

- Rubens Barrichello holds the lap record at the circuit. His time of 1m21.046s was set on his way to victory for Ferrari in 2004.

- Monza has hosted the two fastest races in F1 history. Gethin's 1971 victory held the honour at 151.6mph, until Michael Schumacher averaged 153.875mph in 2003.

:arrow: http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type ... O_ID=40514

A good read in total, not just about speed. Gives a good idea of how great a circuit it is.

waynes

Kimi has had a huge shunt at the ascari chicane

probable suspension failure

modbaraban

IIRC, it was Pizzonia who holds the current GP top speed record of 369.x km/h (Saturday practice 2004)

manchild

Front right Bridgestone again? Image

BTW... FIA, circuit licensing, unprotected fences/walls AGAIN! Look where those marshals are standing...

modbaraban

It was discussed after Canada that the walls w/o tires at the right distance are better. This is the case I think. Tyres would send the car back and spinning.

Absolutely agree about the marshals tho.

mahesh248

Kimi must have had some issues during quali ? could have bein setup issue ?
he was really off pace not eve close 1 sec off in the end and now fifth also ...
What would have being the cause..