Italian GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mahesh248

[quote="modbaraban"][quote="Kimi Raikkonen"]I locked the wheels under braking and the car went right rather than left. At that moment there was not much I could do but accept that I would end up in the barrier.[/quote]
The bump must have caused the tire to lose grip during [i]rebound[/i] and therefore lock. The steering turned even the tinyest bit would make the car spin in such situation (esp. with such setup). Also at that very place the drivers turn slightly to the right to get a wider entry line.
I had such crashes in Monza (in race sims) even after sticking 1st gear too early! The handling under braking is horrible compared to normal tracks, it's sooo easy to lose control! :wink:[/quote]

Use engine breaks ...it will helps u also use bigger disc size .. In RH 05 i havde done 1.17.9

mahesh248

[/quote]
The bump must have caused the tire to lose grip during [i]rebound[/i] and therefore lock. The steering turned even the tinyest bit would make the car spin in such situation (esp. with such setup). Also at that very place the drivers turn slightly to the right to get a wider entry line.
I had such crashes in Monza (in race sims) even after sticking 1st gear too early! The handling under braking is horrible compared to normal tracks, it's sooo easy to lose control! :wink:[/quote]

Use engine breaks ...it will helps u also use bigger disc size .. In RH 05 i havde done 1.17.9

mahesh248

[/quote]

Use engine breaks ...it will helps u also use bigger disc size .. In RH 05 i have done 1.17.9

mahesh248

Use engine breaks ...it will helps u also use bigger disc size .. In RH 05 i have done 1.17.9

mahesh248

Use engine breaks use bigger disc size .. In RH 05 i have done 1.17.9

modbaraban

mahesh248 wrote:Use engine breaks ...it will helps u also use bigger disc size .. In RH 05 i havde done 1.17.9
Yeah, I know. I was just comparing the car's behaviour to other tracks. It's really sensitive under hard braking and at slow corners like 'prima variante'.

modbaraban

-> i had some 'debug mode' message. please remove this <-

Ciro Pabón

First:

Well, we're "almost" at the end of the movie. The music is becoming frenzied and the public straightens in its seats. Monza is here.

First, this is going to be a strange week. We'll have THREE GP's in a week. Today, we have the one at Monza. Next Sunday, of course, the GP at Belgium will happen. And then, on Thursday, the Supreme Council takes an important decision. Did Pedro de la Rosa send a mail to Alonso with the info from Stepney?

We have "ad-portas" the final decision on a penal lawsuit that will decide if Ferrari information was stolen and people behaved in a criminal way. But on Thursday the "Supreme Council" will decide if there were sporting implications, if thieves had influence, not only on the WCC, but on the WDC.

They have "squeezed" the drivers. They have been clear, on an open letter, not only to drivers and "scuderias", but also to us, the general public. This is a rare and strange success.

A "Witness program" has been launched: if drivers confess they will be pardoned. If they don't, they will (probably, I imagine) expelled from 2008 championship. The message is clear: we don’t have enough proof, give it to us or perish.

Second:

The music is becoming frenzied also from the point of view of emotions: Monza is, maybe, the most dangerous track in the calendar. At least, it is the fastest. Kimi showed to me that even people like the best can make mistakes AND that the track is not safe enough. I remember Von Tripps death here, I remember Peterson immolation, I try to bring the sad memories that Monza has on the ghost of track that still rolls on the park they have constructed around the current circuit. Von Tripps, whose death in 1961 put a shadow on Germany. Could have he been the first German? I don’t have doubts. It was a long wait until Michael Schumacher appeared, and for long, Mercedes and BMW were almost ashamed of participating in full. Audi still doesn’t, Porsche dedicates itself to less “savage” spectacles for a long time.

I pray today for an uneventful race, like I always do at Monza.

Third:

We’ll know in two weeks. Will Alonso move to Ferrari? I think he will. I hope he will. We would like to see a full latin rooster there… ;) More than that: I remember that so many Italians died that people accused Enzo Ferrari of being a “modern Saturn”, devouring his sons. I remember what Mr. Ferrari answered: “my sons are my cars”. Let’s wait and see.

All right. The GP starts. See ya.
Ciro

Ciro Pabón

Debug mode... ;)
Ciro

Scuderia_Russ

modbaraban wrote:-> i had some 'debug mode' message. please remove this <-
I keep getting this and I cannot post a new thread in Site Problems to make anyone aware of it!!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

joseff

Well done and congratulations to McLaren! No matter what happens Thursday, this is a day to remember.

pnagy

how did ferrari get so out classed? Did they trade wind tunnels with Honda or what?

modbaraban

That pretty much ends the title race for Ferrari. Let's hope we'll see more teams challenging for the titles next year.

MP4-22 seems to be one of those perfect GP cars that never break down while being the fastest. Like the F2004. Well deserved 1-2.

(not that it would change anything) What happened to that investigation about Ham's obvious cutting the track for position?! Fisico did let his opponent pass after such a move.

Did DC's car fall apart by itself?

PS: was it just my TV broadcast or the team radio was silent all the time?

FLC
FLC

Hamilton had to cut the corner, as he and Massa had contact. It wasn't obvious from the first angle, so I guess the stewards, like us, learned that a little later and rightly decided not to do anything about it.

Coulthard's Red-Bull had a front wing failure which was apparently the result of him hitting the back of Fisichella's Renault.
:arrow: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62197
Last edited by FLC on 09 Sep 2007, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

FLC
FLC

debug mode...