Italian GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
vyselegend

modbaraban wrote:
vyselegend wrote:3) Thank you very much Giancarlo for all the work done (and I say it without irony), but time has come to retire and let another one have a chance.
Oh, Fernando Alonso? :lol:
Of course! He's still young isn't he? :lol:

Seriously I don't buy that Alonso might return to Renault. I was thinking about Piquet obviously. :wink:

pRo

modbaraban wrote:Just curious ->
modbaraban wrote:PS: was it just my TV broadcast or the team radio was silent all the time?
Must've been just your broadcast, we got the team radio several times.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Did anyone else notice how even though Raikkonen had a tremendous shunt, the wheel covers never came off. They remained on even through the hard impact, that comes to show how good their "placement" is on the wheels. Didn't one the Renault's wheel covers come off simply during "driving", earlier on in the season.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban
modbaraban

A question (all of a sudden :shock: :lol: ).

What was the race pitlane speed limit in Monza? 80km/h like everywhere or more like in Indy?

fastback33
fastback33

You know i just had a thought. have they proven what the actual cause of raikkonens crash was? Well what about ferrari's rear suspension failing on that car?!

pRo

fastback33 wrote:have they proven what the actual cause of raikkonens crash was?
No. According to Kimi (yesterday), the telemetry had no indication of failure in a car and they didn't find anything when they investigated the car. He said he doesn't know what happened. He was braking while his tyres touched the curb and suddenly his rear end lost all downforce, which caused the car to turn to the right.

Some sites noticed that when he turned the wheel, only the right front wheel turns, while the left doesn't move at all!

Well what about ferrari's rear suspension failing on that car?!
Massa said he had to pit early, cause it felt like an issue with the tyre. In the end it turned out to be a broken rear suspension. I haven't seen any mention for the reason.

pRo

pRo wrote:Some sites noticed that when he turned the wheel, only the right front wheel turns, while the left doesn't move at all!
Here's a pic just before the crash:

Ray

pRo wrote:
pRo wrote:Some sites noticed that when he turned the wheel, only the right front wheel turns, while the left doesn't move at all!
Could that be the ackerman of the car? I know that it's very noticeable at Monaco.

pRo

Ray wrote:Could that be the ackerman of the car? I know that it's very noticeable at Monaco.
That was my first thought after a single pic. But apparently you can clearly see from series of pics that the other wheel turns along the wheel, while the other doesn't move at all.

This was on a site where the pics were on a paid membership area, so I didn't see the pics myself. Wonder if anyone here have free links?

Scuderia_Russ

Ray wrote:
pRo wrote:
Could that be the ackerman of the car? I know that it's very noticeable at Monaco.
You're right.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-