Australian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
HKS

Australian GP 2008

I thought it might be a bit early to start the thread, but F1 season starts in 2 weeks, which is the normal gap between two races. Also, Bridgestone have already declared which tyres will be used in Australia: Medium and Soft.
So, pile on your predictions.
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

sriraj1031

Re: Australian GP 2008

have a sneaking feeling mclaren might pull off this time and hope kovi does it rather than overrated hamilton well!!

waynes

Kimi

that is all

manchild

It will be the first time in years that I won't stay late or get up early to watch first GP of the season. I didn't move to same time zone but simply because what happened last year after 2/3rds of the season I'm not going to give much credit to something that can be wiped out in following months. F1 has become the sport where results based on timekeeping can be overruled by jury voting - retroactively. That's ridiculous and I'm not going to take seriously something as fragile as official race results. F1 is about titles but scoring most points doesn't mean that you'll win a title unless jury doesn't approve it. So, instead of wasting time and nerves in watching races I'll wait to hear WMSC ruling in August or September 2008. Sorry, but F1 cried wolf where there was none may times in previous seasons and now I don't believe it anymore.
Last edited by manchild on 01 Mar 2008, 13:41, edited 8 times in total.

HKS

My Mind says Kimi

But is always with Fernando :) :)
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

Roland Ehnström

I posted the following in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5146

Australian GP 2008, qualifying results:

1 - Räikkönen
2 - Hamilton
3 - Massa
4 - Kovalainen
5 - Alonso
6 - Kubica
7 - Rosberg
8 - Heidfeld
9 - Piquet
10 - Nakajima
11 - Vettel
12 - Trulli
13 - Webber
14 - Glock
15 - Coulthard
16 - Bourdais
17 - Button
18 - Fisichella
19 - Sutil
20 - Barrichello
21 - Sato
22 - Davidson

Spencifer_Murphy

Obviously I'd liek to see Lewis pull off a good start to the season. But I'd also love to see Heikki prove his worth - I think he's really underrated, and could be something of a drak-horse this season. In fact I see Heikki as more of a threat than I do Massa. (No offense to Massa at all - I like him! - But I just see it that way atm.)

But I think the race belongs to Kimi right now.

On a side note, I'd love to see Fernando in action at Renault again, he likes it there, and they love him there too. I'd be great to see what for me is "the old Fernando" back on track. Maybe finally i could (for want of a better phrase) "Forgive & Forget" about 2007 and the toys being thrown out of the pram.

Fernando with a smile on his face is a much more likeable guy, he's the guy that I cheered on in much the same way I've been cheering Lewis, Damon Hill, "Our Nige", and Ayrton up until mid-2007. I'd love to see that Latin-spirit being applied to good on-track racing, and loveable celebrations with his adoring mechanics (as opposed to political rants, and public trantums).

Bring on Oz 2008!!! I Can't wait.

My prediction:
1. Kimi
2. Lewis
3. Heikki
4. Fernando
5. Massa
6. Nico
7. Quick-Nick
8. Kubica

There's no science to it, just a gut feeling. So don't worry if it's not very realistic - its just something I'm feeling, call it F1 fan's intuition lol.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

ackzsel

manchild wrote:It will be the first time in years that I won't stay late or get up early to watch first GP of the season. I didn't move to same time zone but simply because what happened last year after 2/3rds of the season I'm not going to give much credit to something that can be wiped out in following months. F1 has become the sport where results based on timekeeping can be overruled by jury voting - retroactively. That's ridiculous and I'm not going to take seriously something as fragile as official race results. F1 is about titles but scoring most points doesn't mean that you'll win a title unless jury doesn't approve it. So, instead of wasting time and nerves in watching races I'll wait to hear WMSC ruling in August or September 2008. Sorry, but F1 cried wolf where there was none may times in previous seasons and now I don't believe it anymore.
Dude, that sounds cold. Ofcourse I can imagine how you must feel about this matter but this is a new season. I'm also very disappointed by the outcome of last season being largly dictated by politics but I do look forward to the next one. When all those teams revealed their new cars after a winter without F1 I can really feel that spark coming back again. The Australian GP will be broadcasted at about 4 or 5 am were I live and I'm going to be sure to wake up early.

I can't believe you're not a bit eager to see them smashing the pedal to the floor when the lights turn off for the first time this year (without TC this time :P ). You left the forum once when you lost faith in F1 and eventualy you came back, remember? Something inside you will eventualy lure you back to F1 because I think you still love it but are just very disappointed at the moment.

Please don't see this as a personal attack. You're from an far earlier generation of F1 fans than I am and I respect that. I became an F1 fan as late as 1999 and I do understand that F1 has changed severly since those golden years which I never may have experienced. What I'm trying to point out is that F1 is probably a big part of your live and please don't ruin this season for yourself before it has even started. Try to enjoy the things you still DO like about F1!

Zack

My prediction:
  1. Ferrari 1 kimi -> 2 massa
  2. Mclaren 3 ham -> 5 heikki
  3. BMW 4 nick <> 6 kubica
  4. Williams 7 rosberg -> koya
  5. RBR 8 web -> 10 david
  6. Renault
  7. toyota
  8. Honda
  9. STR
  10. SA
  11. FIF1

bar555

Any news for the weather forecast during qualify & race :?: . Sunshine is expected i think

I hope [-o< for a BIG wet surprise but the possibilities seems to be close to zero
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

Spencifer_Murphy

Oh no, we can't have rain...without TC it'd be far too dangerous remember :wink: :lol:

(Insert huge dollop of sarcasm here) lol
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

GTO

1. Massa
2. Raikkonen
3. Hamilton

4. Heidfeld
5. Kovalinen
6. Kubica
7. Alonso
8. Rosberg
9. Trulli
10.Piquet

to be continued...

HKS

Kimi and Hamilton sound confident of winning

Fernando is on a shaky ground.

PS:According to the news reports and not my personally views. I'm a FA fan and I would love it see him win. :)

DaveKillens

Finally, after a long, cold and dreary winter, the boys are back with their toys. And we the fans can sit back and enjoy the racing. For me, too much drama and politics in the last twelve months. Give me the simple life where all I have to consider is the action on the track.
Woo hoo, in a few hours I can watch the practice, all leading up to .. finally.... racing. I couldn't be happier.
The outcome, what will transpire, and who will emerge victorious is something I have no idea about. But in racing, usually anything and everything happens. Bring it on. =D>
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

mx_tifoso

Seems to be that this will be another opening GP that I will watch in my native country of Mexico!

And I can´t wait until friday practice (at least) to see the cars running again, and to see how the teams stack up against each other. :D

And Ferrari have a new three year sponsorship deal with Etihad Airways starting in OZ, which increases middle eastern involvment within the Italian team. (I prefer the marlboro barcodes)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.