Malaysian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Principessa

Malaysian GP 2008

Only one week to go before the Malaysian GP...any predictions after seeing the first race of the season?

fenix4life

Re: [GP Malaysia 2008] Predictions

Principessa wrote:Only one week to go before the Malaysian GP...any predictions after seeing the first race of the season?
Second win for Hamilton :)
Nice battle between BMW, Renault Williams and Toyota for the places 4 - 8

Wilfko

I cant see hamilton dropping off his pace, his fitness seems to breeze him through in circuits with very hot or physically challenging climates. I cant say i expect a repeat performance from Raikkonen,and i expect him to be as strong as we all know he can be, It will be interesting to see if the Ferrari engines have any more issues.

bhall

Sepang International Circuit should play more into Ferrari's hands than Albert Park, as it features the more long, sweeping turns that the Ferraris handled very well last year. But they'll need to get a grip on reliability and consistency to stand a chance.

I expect McLaren to be just as strong as in Australia. Hamilton's confidence (ego) is growing with every win; it's going to be very difficult to stop him after such a strong start.

BMW has the pace to be up front. It's pretty clear now that they weren't showing their hand during the Winter tests. But I believe it will be Kubica leading the charge rather than Heidfeld.

As for the rest, who knows? With all the chaos in Australia, it's vey difficult to tell who was on the pace and who was simply lucky.

It should be very exciting. Though I certainly hope more cars are able to finish. As great as this weekend's race was, I'd rather see more on-track battles as opposed the war of attrition we all witnessed.

joseff

I also think Kubica is in with a shot at Sepang, but he seriously needs to download some extra luck. Preferably from Heidfeld.

onon

raikkonen
hamilton
kovailanen
massa
kubica
rosberg
alonso
heidfield

Principessa

I think the battle in front will be between Hamilton and Raikkonen. After making mistakes during the Australian race, Kimi will try to prove that he's still there and that he can take Hamilton.

I believe that behind them Heidfeld, Rosberg and Kovalainen will be battling for third place.

PNSD

Anyone seen the weather predictions?

if they're true then I'd say its gonna be impossible to predict lol.

DaveKillens

I'd like to see 22 cars start, and 22 finish. It will be close between Ferrari and McLaren, but I sense a weakness in Massa. BMW's are exactly where they hope to be, still third, but a lot closer to cars in front than the one behind them.
I expect a battle between Kimi and Hamilton.

ps, please retain this as the single thread for Malaysia GP comments?
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

donskar

YES, single thread, please.

My head says "Hamilton;" my heart says "anyone else!" Let's please have some racing at the front.

After being roundly ripped (with some justification), it will be interesting to see if Massa can respond. SPEED TV alluded to Ferrari looking at Vettel as "reseve driver."
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Spencifer_Murphy

I'm torn between two trains of thought:

1. Lewis is looking pretty damn good, and I can't see him suddenly loosing momentum.

and

2. Ferrari aren't going to drop the ball again, and I also see that they're going to have two brand new engines at Malaysia, they could run higher revs for longer than the others.

I think based on that maybe....

1. Kimi
2. Lewis
3. Heikki
4. Heidfeld
5. Kubica
6. Nico
7. Fernando
8. Massa

But I was wrong about Melbourne, so who knows, based upon my predictions now and then I guess Lewis will end up winning lol!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Kriss

Principessa wrote:I think the battle in front will be between Hamilton and Raikkonen. After making mistakes during the Australian race, Kimi will try to prove that he's still there and that he can take Hamilton.

I believe that behind them Heidfeld, Rosberg and Kovalainen will be battling for third place.
What about Robert Kubica? You maybe forgot his name? :D
In my opinion Kubica will try to take a podium places in this race!!

My prediction
1. Kimi
2. Lewis
3. Robert
4. Fernando
5. Heikki
6. Nick
7. Nicko
8. S. Vettel

axle

McLaren won the same race last year...and Ferrari won Aus in 2007...

So it must mean that Ferrari will win lol.

I think it's incredibly close at the moment.
Massa will bin it again.
Kimi will either walk it or harrass the s**t out of Lewis all the way and snatch the lead during the pitstops.
McLaren will take a 2-3, BMW will drop back over a race distance and will take 4th and 7th.
Nico will grab 5th and then Alonso 6th.
8th will be ...hmmm...Button lol

1 Kimi
2 Lewis
3 Heikki
4 Robert K
5 Nico
6 Fernando
7 Nick
8 Jenson

In reality, positions 4-14 are such a jumble it's really going to come down to a roll of the dice.
- Axle

Conceptual

Re: GP Malaysia 2008

I forsee...

Another race of attrition with only 5 cars finishing in the following order:

1.Hamilton
2.Heikki
3.Raikkonen
4.Trulli
5.Vettel

Everyone else in garage.

Chris

jaho101

joseff wrote:I also think Kubica is in with a shot at Sepang, but he seriously needs to download some extra luck. Preferably from Heidfeld.
I so want the BMW's to do well, but their race pace is pretty weak compared to Mclaren and Ferrari. Even though Kubica got away quite well from Hekki at the beginning of his stint. By the end Hekki had all but caught up. BMW could qualify well however, getting pole is very possible. He had as much fuel as Hamilton. I'm not sure how well the BMW is suited to the Sepang track though.