Bahrain GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
P_O_L

Re: GP Bahrain 2008

I think this track doesnt really suit the red bull car. They was impressive in malaysia wich demands much more from a car than here in bahrain.
Last Tango In Paris

RedMaple

donskar wrote:Red Bull money + Adrian Newey design + Renault power =

No Red Bull in top 10?

Are Webber and Coulthard to blame or should we cut them some slack? I should think Newey has had enough time to make the car more competitive.

I think Newey's and Coulthard's best days are behind them. Newey hasn't designed a dominant car in quite a while and Coulthard is definetely a step slower than the younger guns out there.

As for Kubica snagging pole I will be happy if he didn't do it on light fuel load for an early pit stop. I think its time they get rid of this stupid requirement for Q3. I really want to see who the faster driver on fumes really is.

leomax

Does renault engine have some kind of disadvantage with drivable-ity especially out of those slow corners in absence of TC.

modbaraban

So it was just a mirage. :) It's clear that there are 2 planes only.

Conceptual

modbaraban wrote:So it was just a mirage. :) It's clear that there are 2 planes only.

LOOK!

Even the sidepods now have endplates!

Chris

Giblet

One extremely bad habbit that I have noticed of Lewis on multiple occasions is that he keeps his hands on the wheel during crashes. If you are going to hit the wall, you are supposed to take your hands off the wheel to avoid breaking both wrists.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ray

Good job Bob! =D>

I was also happy to see Jense come over and give Bob an attaboy. Speaks volumes about how great a guy Jense really is.

NaZzO

I found this website by chance and still haven't tried it yet
http://mad-max.coolpage.biz/f1player.html
apparently there's live footage from grand prix as broadcast
on ITV website and you don't have to be in GBR to view it \:D/
looking forward to a 5-way battle in the race :lol:

EDIT: forgot to add url in previous post :oops:
Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think it's the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.

millerjam

Nazzo, thanks very much for that, I've been looking for that for ages. I'm in Germany and as much as I like the coverage on RTL it's nice to be able to listen to Brundle. Also Lauda, who's the equivalent of Blundell in the paddock is almost impossible to understand with his austrian accent!
Cheers

P_O_L

O my..while Jacky Stewart, John Watson, Stirling Moss and BBCs Andrew Benson dance around and sing hymns for The Greatest Ever Driver Ever in F1 mr hamilton, Lewis bogs his start and breaks his nose on the back of alonsos renault...wonder how theyl spindoctor him out of this one :)
Last Tango In Paris

bettonracing

Am I the only one curious to see Alonso's datalogs to find out whether there was a slight lift of throttle, or maybe a conveniently timed late shift that caused Hamilton to run into his tire?... The acceleration differential between the two cars just seemed a bit odd... I'll be waiting to hear Hami's version of events. If in fact true, I didn't expect Alonso to roll over and allow Hami to pass him but this would be a bit like Hungary 2007 (possibly all season :shock:)
[/tabloid-like speculation]

The Ferrari's can't seem to shake the BMW's... This year may turn out to be more of a 3 way championship fight than everybody expected...

Regards,

Kurt

P_O_L

lol, tabloid speculation:) yes off course yr right. the big blue and yellow knight lifted his horse and made the Great English Knight crash into his rear. AT the start people spotted the blue and yellow knight pooring oil in front of hamiltons rear wheels. Also the friday crash was entirely alonsos fault. The Greatest Ever driver, greater than Senna, Schumacher, Prost, Hakkinen, Lauda, Gilles Vileneuve, Jacque Villeneue, Jim Clark, Damon Hill, Mansell, Juan Pablo Montoya, Jean Alesi, Jody Schekter, yes even Jacky Stewart, Nelson Piquet, Phill Hill, John Surtees, AND Juan MAnuel Fangio, off course never makes his own mistake. He will win 693 world championships, gets 7000 pole positions and frankly the rest can better stop as Hamilton is so great. All accoridng to Stirling moss and Jacky stewart off course :P

edit: oh my, what was that hand gesture towards fisichella from mr blue eyes, mr mosley should set an example hamilton?
Last Tango In Paris

bettonracing

P_O_L wrote:lol, tabloid speculation:) yes off course yr right. the big blue and yellow knight lifted his horse and made the Great English Knight crash into his rear. AT the start people spotted the blue and yellow knight pooring oil in front of hamiltons rear wheels. Also the friday crash was entirely alonsos fault. The Greatest Ever driver, greater than Senna, Schumacher, Prost, Hakkinen, Lauda, Gilles Vileneuve, Jacque Villeneue, Jim Clark, Damon Hill, Mansell, Juan Pablo Montoya, Jean Alesi, Jody Schekter, yes even Jacky Stewart, Nelson Piquet, Phill Hill, John Surtees, AND Juan MAnuel Fangio, off course never makes his own mistake. He will win 693 world championships, gets 7000 pole positions and frankly the rest can better stop as Hamilton is so great. All accoridng to Stirling moss and Jacky stewart off course :P

edit: oh my, what was that hand gesture towards fisichella from mr blue eyes, mr mosley should set an example hamilton?

Just for bias clarification, I'm watching the US SpeedTV feed so I'm not getting the 'Great English knight' subliminal messages. In addition, I wave a red flag on race day, with a blue and yellow hankie in my pocket...

Regards,

Kurt

P_O_L

No no i dont mind. I just wenta long with the tabloid speculation bandwagon if you dont mind :)
Last Tango In Paris

P_O_L

Well, massa recovers some credit. Ferrari with a fantastic 1-2. BMW tops the constructorschampions. Raikonen leads the championship. The Greatest EVER driver again outraced by his teammate, in fact Lewis didnt score any point. He also brings the sport into disrepute with a questionable gesture towards fisichella, while 2 days before he conivingly cries that mosley and other public figures should take responsibilty. Mclaren falls down.

In short, its been a good day :)
Last Tango In Paris