Bahrain GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ted68

Re: GP Bahrain 2008

Hey, I only saw the last 21 laps, what happened to Hamilton and Button? I had hoped to see Button have a points finish.

Toyota's money seems to be paying off with consistantly better finishes this year, especially Trulli. Good to see but they are starting to beat out my Williams team.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

P_O_L

Hamilton messed up his start, then tried to overtake alonsos renault but misjudged and smashed his nose on the rearwheel of the renault.

Button got caught up, i think he had to pitted to for a new nose, then fought with couldhardt, overtook him and dc closed the door on him way too hard.

dc -1
button -1
hamilton -12
Last Tango In Paris

bhall
bhall

Kimi's really friendly.

modbaraban
modbaraban

P_O_L wrote:Hamilton messed up his start, then tried to overtake alonsos renault but misjudged and smashed his nose on the rearwheel of the renault.
...And the rear wing too

morsus
morsus

[offtopic] Man.. this "P_O_L" guy really has some problem with Hamilton. Ok to be a fan of ferrari or alonso and dislike him, but that's a bit too much hate, don't you think? chill man, it's just sports. [/offtopic]

Great 1-2 for Ferrari, and great win for Massa, he really needed that.

BMW's rise is great for F1! Hope this will be an exciting season!

3 looooonnnggg weeks now.. :(

joseff

modbaraban wrote:...A[/color][/size]nd the rear wing too
And quite a bit more above the "N". Great drive by Fernando, considering circumstances.

SMP
SMP

My 2 cents worth:

The start - Looks like Kubica got a poor start as both Ferraris seemed to get off much better off the dirtier side of the track. This allowed Massa to virtually start from pole and when he does that, there's a good probability of him winning the race. Especially as Kimi never looked 100% comfortable all weekend.

Kimi's overtaking of Kubica - looked fantastic but then during the post race conference, Kubica sort of watered down the effect by saying he slipped on oil, debris and almost came into the pits thinking he had a puncture. (Drivers these days never let on if they've been beaten fair and square).

Hamilton kisses Alonso's *ss - :D :D Most memorable moment of the season so far. I don't care if it was on purpose or not - The moment was priceless.

Signs for the rest of the season - Ferrari looks set to walk the season. Kimi should outperform Massa over the whole season so it should be his 2nd crown by October. Rather than a 3 way fight between Ferrari, BMW and McLaren, it looks more like BMW fighting off McLaren and Toyota for the "best of the rest" title.

Maybe too early to say this, but what odds can I get for Ferrari beating McLaren's 1988 record??

Tom

Well done Massa, and Kimi had a good race too.
Fantastic job by the BMWs who really wooped the Mclarens.
Alonso/Lewis, I have no idea what happened, its hard to imagine Alonso break tested Lewis, but its hard to imagine Lewis had so much more speed coming out of turn 3 than the Spaniard. I want to see on-bard Alonso, I think he touched a kerb and had to lift momenterily, however Hamilton perhaps should have reacted quicker?
I think Jenson was actually out of control when he made a move on DC, it looked like he was half considering a run, not fully comitted, and then he lost the back under braking, DC turned the corner as he usually would and found Button on his front wheel.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

onon
onon

can somebody please explain to me why kimi has been slower then massa all weekend? massa always seem to be quicker in qualifications. he was faster in malaysia and bahrain. why?

i always thought kimi is blindingly fast, fastest. but he seem to be no match to massa's pace. last year we all knew that kimi had new team, new tyres, new everything and undertandably slower then massa. but this year i thought he would dominate massa from the start.

SMP
SMP

Kimi is definitely overall a better racer than Massa. But it doesn't mean that Massa is a bad driver. He is easily one of the best drivers when it comes to all out raw pace. That's one reason why he is always good in qualifying. However, among these drivers things are so close that it's difficult to always expect one guy to outperform the other in every event. Kimi didn't have a good weekend. This is not one of his best circuits (god knows why) and he claims he never got the car balanced to his liking here.

In the race, he wasn't a lot slower than Massa. He lost over a second with his first pitstop where something went wrong, according to his post race comments. As well as time lost in traffic on his outlaps and 0.6 secs behind Nakajima in the first sector alone, just before his 2nd stop.

So it wasn't a bad performance by Kimi. Just that on this weekend, Massa was the quicker driver. Don't know who will have the advantage in Spain but come Monaco and you will see Massa eat Kimi's dust.

SMP
SMP

Well this is a relief to read -

Hamilton: I let the team down (http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=42256)

Hope that will calm down any conspiracy theorists on why "our Lewis" had a bad day.

Vasco

Hello, quick question...did Kovalainen post the fastest lap of the race?

SMP
SMP

Vasco wrote:Hello, quick question...did Kovalainen post the fastest lap of the race?
Yep - On lap 49 he did a 1:33.193

Vasco

Interesting. This does seem like its gonna be a 3 way fight. Only problem is we have yet to see how quickly BMW can develop their cars during a season, They can improve their cars quite quickly throughout a weekend. I noticed in all 3 GP's so far that they always started FP1 and FP2 quite far back and then improved dramatically overnight for quali.

P_O_L

I agree, BMW is awesomely fast. Ferrari better watch out.

As for the chill out comment...I am chilled out:) I cannot imagine anyone else, even the most staunch lewis supporter didnt smile when he broke his nose on alonsos car, of all drivers :lol: The other comments where more on stirling moss and jacky stewarts commenst than on lewis himself.

I was amazed by massas speed though, or suprised kimi simply had no answer to him. Perhaps this wil silence massas critics (including me)?

How did u guys see dcs crazy move on button? Jenson simply ran out of room, had nowhere to go and all dc should have doen, is turn in a meter further.
Last Tango In Paris