Spanish GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Spanish GP 2008

The GP is almost there. Lets have a thread for all things related to it.

I'll start by making a prediction about the podium.

Kimi
Hamilton
Heidfeld

And I see Alonso picking up the pace withj the J-damper now. He has a chance to get multiple points. lets say he will come 6th.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

freedom_honda

Re: Spanish GP Thread

i actually think that Button has a greater chance of breaking into the points than alonso. :D

WhiteBlue

freedom_honda wrote:i actually think that Button has a greater chance of breaking into the points than alonso. :D
any hints from the test why Honda should make such progress? the dumbo ears?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

freedom_honda

for the same reason why Flavio Briatore reckons Alonso can get on the podium this weekend - Faith. :lol:

WhiteBlue

freedom_honda wrote:for the same reason why Flavio Briatore reckons Alonso can get on the podium this weekend ....
I must have missed that one. He must have gone back to smoking and switched to the green stuff.

freedom_honda

WhiteBlue wrote:
freedom_honda wrote:for the same reason why Flavio Briatore reckons Alonso can get on the podium this weekend ....
I must have missed that one. He must have gone back to smoking and switched to the green stuff.
:lol: :lol:
nah actually its because of the comments made by the team so far are quite positive.
especially Ross Brawn. and he is a realistic man.

WhiteBlue

freedom_honda wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
:lol: :lol:
nah actually its because of the comments made by the team so far are quite positive.
especially Ross Brawn. and he is a realistic man.
he mentioned suspension and that could mean they also installed a J-damper. so we may have Ferrari, McLaren, BMW, Red Bull, Renault, and Honda using it. I would be surprised if Toyota would actually stay away from it. perhaps Vasselons comments about the legality were a red herring.

Conceptual

Re: Spanish GP 2008

I had hoped to see BMW win their maiden victory, but it deffinately looks like it's gonna be a ferrari run away.

We shall see!

Chris

teecof1fan

The odds are definitely in Ferrari's favor, but you never know, conceptual! I'd love to see BMW-Sauber take their first win this season, and all it takes is a brilliant qualifying session, a great start off the line, and a little bit of luck. It could happen in any of the GP's this year, and that's what I love about F1. To quote the fantastic Murray Walker, and I'm sure as we've all heard before: "Anything can happen in Formula One, and it usually does!"

Cheers, y'all, the Spanish GP is almost here!

p.s. - I think Kubica had the best chance for victory thus far in Australia. Barring that mistake in qualifying, which would have seen him on pole (and assuming he got as awesome a start as he did, from the dirty side no less), he would have had a very very good shot at the win. Alas, it wasn't to be, but there are still 15 more chances in 2008 for the BMW-Sauber squad!
Ahhh, the most soothing, relaxing, and beautiful sound in the world. Looks cool too! http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-9Io41bt8

WhiteBlue

yeah, teeco I'd love to see the propeller boys do the giant killing job. but reality will probably be different. if they consistently catch McLaren it will be a hoot!! :mrgreen:

WhiteBlue

do I have to run this thread single handed?

have a good dosis of red bull thanks to my friend Mafia on GPDC
LAST year we confused some of you by not holding our ‘Chilled Thirstday’ paddock events at every race. So this year, the rule is simple, if the Energy
Station is in the paddock, we’ll be hosting an event party for anyone who cares to drop by on Thursday evening (with the exception
of Monaco.) Pop in this Thursday and get to meet our charming new catering staff.

After three hectic races, it was time for the test teams to make their first appearance of the season, with Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso both running
here last week.
For the former, David Coulthard and Mark Webber
both got two days behind the wheel. Apart from trying prototype slick tyres for 2009, the main evaluation was of new aerodynamic components; all part of the on-going development
programme. Results were positive, so these new bits will be on the car for the grand prix.
Life wasn’t quite so sweet over at Scuderia Toro Rosso:
the team was having its first proper test with STR3, due to make its race debut in Turkey, but the car French Kissed the barriers at Turn 9 and was badly damaged: a great shame as Bourdais had judged it a major step forward over the current car, after completing over 70 laps prior to the shunt.

It’s not bigger, but it’s better, with improved facilities and of course, our now famous free-for-all lunches.
Winter structural checks revealed one serious fault with our hospitality
unit, namely the floor on the first level was beginning to bend under the weight of all you media.
So this year, we’re setting you a challenge which you may or may not wish to take up.
Eat yourself fit at the Energy Station!
And to help you get started, we have placed weighing scales near the entrance.
Drop by and weigh yourself – we suggest before having lunch – and the scales will be back again for the final European round of the season, at Monza in September so that you can check on your progress.
...Assuming you can see past your stomach to read the scales!

mx_tifoso

If you continue posting as much as you have there's no need for anyone else to contribute :wink: .

Have you thought about that 'BlancoAzul'?

I apologize for being so blunt. :)

BTW, thanks for sharing the 'Red Bull' party info with us.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

BA is nice!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

well, I have logged five friends already on this board and look forward to some decent insults...

after all this is how you determine who is friend and foe ... :roftlmfao:
some real pistonheads here but we probably need a bit of lighthearted fun as well.

meves

Nice set of wheels (I'm talking about the F1 wheels not lady above! :D ). I have no idea which team is running them and good news that Super Aguri have turned up and are in the garages!

johny

maybe the toyota mark on the rim will help you