British GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
monkeyboy1976

British GP 2008

Well, here it is. Get my ticket for Sunday today. Hoorah!
Anyone else going?

nae
nae

Re: British Grand Prix 2008

being Scottish i am only going for the Friday free practice, looking
forward to the noise and the smells of it all, never been to
Silverstone so fully expect to get lost
..?

vyselegend

monkeyboy1976 wrote:Well, here it is. Get my ticket for Sunday today. Hoorah!
Anyone else going?
Hope you won't dare come back without lots of pics to share here! :twisted: (pit babes especially =P~ )

It must be scary to go to the probably most crowded GP of the year, traffic wise and all... Enjoy as much as you can! Also, try to get there early and focus intensively on performing a good rain dance, to improve our chances to have an interesting GP. :mrgreen:

donskar

OK, I'll be the first fool to throw out (throw up?)a prediction:

Hamilton takes pole, but throws away the lead.
Kimi wins, Massa DNF, Heiki 2nd, Kubica 3rd.
Vettel has bad luck (well, I had to have ONE easy one, no?)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

kekekeke

Hamilton 3rd on the grid. Massa on pole, Kimi 2nd. Massa and Kimi take each other out on the first lap. Hamilton wins, Heikki 2nd, DC 3rd.

Scuderia Nuvolari

You guys should put together a series of buses that all have onboard open bars, that ride around picking up people wanting to go to the races.
On top of the fare, passengers should be expected to throw down a double bloody mary in order to ride. :twisted: [-X

Conceptual

kekekeke wrote:Hamilton 3rd on the grid. Massa on pole, Kimi 2nd. Massa and Kimi take each other out on the first lap. Hamilton wins, Heikki 2nd, DC 3rd.
If you changed it to a Hamilton/DC/Button podium, you could almost qualify for fanboi status.... :twisted: :twisted:

monkeyboy1976

Will do my best for pics for the forum. Any requests?

Hopefully my camera will survive the weather:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838

vyselegend

Hey, I see you followed my advice for the rain dance, good job! :mrgreen:

I think a waterproof camera would be preferable.

chasefreak

i have noticed that mclaren has not used their new front wing...
i thought they would have but seems liek thay have opted out of it

mx_tifoso

monkeyboy1976 wrote:Will do my best for pics for the forum. Any requests?
Since you ask, close-up cockpit and rear end (suspension and diffuser), please :) . If it's not too much to ask for.

I guess windy conditions are still around at Silverstone. Hopefully they are gone at least for qualy and the race, along with those chances of precipitation.

Alonso's engine blew once again this morning during one of the FP's, but someone from Renault said that the engine being used clearly had that problem and that the race engines were already delt with and secure. Good luck to them! So hopefully Piquet Jr. can make the best out of his equipment too and maintain his positive results. Better make this one count as well, as this is the penultimate GP at Silverstone.

And Massa's accident was rather peculiar, since Alonso's engine had blown a few laps before. I'm left to wonder, why wasn't anyone watching the track conditions and notifying of the oil spill left from that engine failure? One would figure that with so many track marshalls and people around it would be an obvious area to inspect and clean up if necessary. Massa's shunt into the barriers could have been prevented without a doubt. But regardless of that he still managed to post the fastest time in FP1.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

puttenham

[quote="chasefreak"]I'm left to wonder, why wasn't anyone watching the track conditions and notifying of the oil spill left from that engine failure? One would figure that with so many track marshalls and people around it would be an obvious area to inspect and clean up if necessary. Massa's shunt into the barriers could have been prevented without a doubt.[/quote]

I agree Massa's crash was preventable. The marshals at Stowe should have advised the previous flagging station to disply the surface flag assuming they were able to see the oil on the track. The marshals at Stowe and the previous flagging station should also have been waving a single yellow flag to alert drivers that there was a car and marshals off track and in a dangerous position. I did not see a waving yellow at Stowe. Perhaps the waving yellow was out of the TV camera field of view.

Massa (and the other drivers) would have been totally informed had the marshals at the station previous to Stowe used an "arrow" board in addition to the surface flag to signal them to move driver's right on the track (away from the oil streak).

I will be interested to see what Massa has to say about the incident.
puttenham

puttenham

“It was a big crash,” Massa acknowledged, “but that's part of the game and I have had much worse accidents in my career. I didn't see any flags and I had approached the corner in the usual way, and then I totally lost control of the car under braking. I tried to slow down, but the impact was still pretty violent."

This is not good.
puttenham

kekekeke

Alonso should have used his brain more and moved off the racing line when his engine blew. Not a very smart guy.

timbo

wtf is with radiators on McLarens? Anyone has good picture?