Hungarian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andartop

Re: Hungary Grand Prix 2008

that 's true, but not exactly the point. would you expect carlos to be as quick in le mans, f1, CART, motocross and DTM as well? don't think so... (though you never know! but if he did, then he would be the exception to the rule, wouldn't he?)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

donskar

would you expect carlos to be as quick in le mans, f1, CART, motocross and DTM as well? don't think so... (though you never know! but if he did, then he would be the exception to the rule, wouldn't he?)
The exception to the rule today, but since we're now a light year or three from the Hungarian GP . . .

Jackie Stewart, Ronnie Peterson, Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Bruce McLaren, Chris Amon, Mario Andretti, Jackie Ickx, and many, MANY more drivers excelled in F1, IndyCar, F2, LeMans prototypes, CanAm, even NASCAR stockers.

Anyone care to add a few more names?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

andartop

[quote="donskar"]The exception to the rule today...

on the other hand, i think the further back you travel in time the more similar the cars racing in different kinds of motorsport would be, thus making it easier for the same driver to excell in various kinds of races. Ferrari for example would use basically the same car with only minor tweakings whether it be for a Grand Prix, Le Mans, Indy, Targa Florio and so on. Today an F1 car, LM prototype or WRCar are much more quite different sorts of beasts, true?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft