European GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
woohoo
woohoo

Re: Grand Prix of Europe 2008

How ON EARTH can anyone change a rule after the outcome of a game, and claim it is in good sports ???
How can you do this and get away with it ?
Why isent the F1/Sporting press all over this ?

(Yes I know its not the end of the world (read=F1) as we know it, but still it a bad move. How can anyone agrue now that the decision is impartial, when the "losers" and "winners" are known.)
Oh, so Hamilton isent on pole, lets change the pole position then...
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

FLC
FLC

autosport wrote:A statement issued shortly before qualifying said: "Having observed the line taken by cars across the grid, and in accordance with Article 36.2 (a) off the F1 Sporting Regulations, the first grid position will be removed and pole position will now be on the right hand side of the grid
:arrow:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69984

Isn't there a saying about those who jump to conclusions?

Tehillim
Tehillim

woohoo wrote:How ON EARTH can anyone change a rule after the outcome of a game, and claim it is in good sports ???
How can you do this and get away with it ?
Why isent the F1/Sporting press all over this ?

(Yes I know its not the end of the world (read=F1) as we know it, but still it a bad move. How can anyone agrue now that the decision is impartial, when the "losers" and "winners" are known.)
Oh, so Hamilton isent on pole, lets change the pole position then...
:?

They've switched so Massa can start on the clean side of the track, I should think he's very happy about that. It's not starting Hamilton on pole, he's on the dirty side and behind Massa.

donskar
donskar

Good post, FLC.

Looks like Kimi's focus on qualifying over race pace did NOT pay off. He had said that he'd sacrifice race pace in order to qualify at the front. Well, he's only 4th. . . .

IF he has compromised his race setup, and still starts from row 2, he better make a good start . . .

Wild guess:
1 - Hamilton (darn it)
2 - Kimi
3 - Kubica
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Kriss
Kriss

Bird?

guy_smiley

Yup. It reminds me of Bruno and the dog in Turkey, all the groundhogs at Montreal, Da Matta and the deer here at Road America. Pretty dangerous stuff...

It also reminds me of the poor pigeon who got in the path of Randy Johnson's 95 mph fastball

Anyway, it's going to be an awesome race tomorrow! I think the finishing order will look a lot different than the starting order--my dark horse for this race is Kimi from 4th...
Smiles all 'round!

Deerfield805
Deerfield805

Surprised Piquet was going fast enough to hurt that bird.

Racehound
Racehound

Kriss wrote:Bird?

No bird!!!!.....it was my girlfriends powder puff she threw to Nelson because she fancies him!!!!...................I am throwing her out the door NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! useless biatch!!!!!!!!

lebesset
lebesset

does anyone doubt that , had hamilton been released in an unsafe manner as massa was , there would have been an immediate penalty ?

usual story , every decision goes the same way
anyone notice that the committee is headed by someone connected to ferrari ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

myurr
myurr

lebesset wrote:does anyone doubt that , had hamilton been released in an unsafe manner as massa was , there would have been an immediate penalty ?

usual story , every decision goes the same way
anyone notice that the committee is headed by someone connected to ferrari ?
Tend to agree with you - will be confirmed if there is either no penalty or if the team is fined rather than the driver being penalised.

Ray

Hamilton tends to crash others out of contention though. He has a real bad habit of rearending people.

Sad to see Kimi blow a motor, but he just seems to not really care. What's up with him this year?

Principessa

The race wasn't as excited as expected to be honest. Kimi Raikkonen will get a lot of criticism from the Italian press tomorrow that's for sure...again.

Too bad to see Alonso go out like that because of a stupid mistake of Nakajima.

modbaraban
modbaraban

This was the most dull and boring race I have seen in my life. Perhaps one of the most dull in the history of racing as well as in the history of dullness... :roll:

Racing actually stopped right after the 3rd corner (1st lap). The track allows much less overtaking than Monaco. Almost nobody even tried to follow close enough to even consider overtaking. Perhaps Massa could have won driving the AMG SL Merc. used by Maylander. :) Even the efforts of Force india didn't provoke the SC deplyment.

After the race the podium finishers were presented with something that looked like pieces of debris from earlier GT races in Valencia. However I would consider this sort of prize for the next year's event.

Also the race has marked the full scale return of pre-shoey era traditions to Ferrari. Redictulous tactical mistakes, 'spectacular' pitstops, smoking engines. No more German reliability.

Principessa

modbaraban wrote:The track allows much less overtaking than Monaco.
I was very surprised that there was no overtaking and that the drivers on Friday said that they were afraid there were no overtaking possibilities. When we were watching the F3 and GT races at the Valencia circuit, we saw actually some good and nice overtaking moves.

The best overtaking move I've seen today was the one of Nakajima, but that's it to be honest. Very weird.

PNSD
PNSD

Agreed!

One other thing, everyone was banging on about a saftey car, and yet I really could not see the possibility being likley - and there wasnt.