Malaysian GP 2009 - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Roland Ehnström

Re: Malaysian GP 2009

Malaysia seldom is 100% wet, though. When it rains it RAINS, but after 15 minutes it usually stops. This could make for a very interesting race...

But I believe Brawn will have an even bigger advantage in the rain: The rear of their car is far more stable and the weight distribution much better than their rivals. Williams and perhaps Toyota could also shine in the rain, while I especially expect McLaren and Renault to struggle.

Motley

Torro Rosso break out the april fools...

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=219

Nice one...

paused

Motley wrote:Torro Rosso break out the april fools...

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=219

Nice one...
This one is even better! I can't beleive it was posted as news like any other story

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3727.shtml

Photo F1-Live.com
Zoom
“It all makes sense,” stated a willing Hamilton
In a surprise statement issued shortly after midnight on this date, the highly competitive Brawn GP team shocked the F1 community by announcing that Lewis Hamilton is switching to the Brackley-based outfit for the remainder of the 2009 season.

mulsanne

alelanza wrote:So yes no doubt the season's opener was very promising. On the negative side looking at this one from 08, is anyone else missing the noise of those 1000 revs? i am....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl4LDGOXMLs[/youtube]
I was reminded by seeing that video if I never see a shot of Hamilton's father ever again, it would still be too soon.

Now they're already starting in with Button's father...when did this nonsense begin? Seriously. I'm trying to watch cars racing, not fathers doting.

axle

mulsanne wrote:I was reminded by seeing that video if I never see a shot of Hamilton's father ever again, it would still be too soon.

Now they're already starting in with Button's father...when did this nonsense begin? Seriously. I'm trying to watch cars racing, not fathers doting.
It's not just the Brits, Massa's Dad is there most races. Kazuki though has banned Nakajima Snr from even being in the crowd LOL.
- Axle

Scotracer

So...who needs some sun-screen for this weekend?
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ben_watkins

What worries me is that the tyre compounds of the inters and wet tyres have not changed since last year, so with the reduction in downforce this year, the tyres will be harder to get to operational temps and therefore more cars will be severly traction limited in the wet... Not a safe situation imho.
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

axle

This could very well become a laughing stock of a race and Bernie will be to blame.

I like a SHOWER in a race to spice things up, but watching cars skate of a waterlogged track isn't racing.
- Axle

DaveKillens

One huge difference for rain situations is the change from grooved tires to slicks. The previous grooved tires were more forgiving when encountering damp conditions. Last year there were many instances when a driver would stay out on the track and not pit for intermediates or rain tires, despite the damp track conditions. But with slicks, they are absolutely unforgiving when water is involved. So deciding when to pit for rain tires is ultra-critical, wait just one lap too long, and you're going to spin out.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

NormanBates

DaveKillens wrote:One huge difference for rain situations is the change from grooved tires to slicks. The previous grooved tires were more forgiving when encountering damp conditions. Last year there were many instances when a driver would stay out on the track and not pit for intermediates or rain tires, despite the damp track conditions.
yeah, tell massa, hamilton and glock!!

roost89

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... efault.stm

Click Malaysia and then find "Driver's lap" you get onboard footage, Mark Webber talking you through the lap and some nice telemetry (G-metre, Rev, Speedo, Position on track, throttle/brake and steering angle)
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

slimjim8201

axle wrote:This could very well become a laughing stock of a race and Bernie will be to blame.

I like a SHOWER in a race to spice things up, but watching cars skate of a waterlogged track isn't racing.
Go on?

Callum

What do people think...

Will rain be a leveler or a differentiater?

I think it will be a leveler as driver skill is really making an influence.

CHT
CHT

anybody here knows where I can find live web feed for ptractise session?

Giblet

http://www.justin.tv/viplounge2

It works here in Canada
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute