Chinese GP 2009 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasco

Re: Chinese GP 2009

ISLAMATRON wrote:Anyone else found it strange how Webber Had 2.5kg more fuel but still pitted 1 lap earlier than Vettle? are we seeing a pecking order being established at RBR?
I do think Vettel is the person to carry the team forward instead of Webber. First wins for STR and RB...and he also has that motivation and character to take the team forward.

ESPImperium

Is red Bull a Austrian team or a British team??? God Save The Queen got played as the national anthem for the winning constructor, so ar they ar UK team???

ringo

Its basically the jaguar team in a new skin.
For Sure!!

ringo

ISLAMATRON wrote:
ringo wrote:Any pics of Hamilton 3 wheeling in the slightly banked turn? =P~
I found that pretty interesting, he was really putting in some "hardcore" laps for sure :P
about his time being 2 seconds slower; traffic prevented him from putting in a good final lap. He did not better his previous time.
Actually that 3 wheeling shows how stiffly the car was setup... and that would be terrible in the rain.
Yep, the same exact turns he was 3 wheeling in was his demise. No way he could be competitive by going through those turns any slower. He put on a good fight with the stiff car in that condition though, even passing some drivers 3 times. I wonder what result would he have got had he not spin the first time? the 2 stop would have definitely put him on podium.

vettel put on a great race, i was more impressed by Webber and Buemi though. I like the fighting :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

ESPImperium

ringo wrote:Its basically the jaguar team in a new skin.
Whitch was the old Stewart team. So i guess we can say they are a British team.

andartop

According to f1live.com the Chinese played the wrong anthem, as officially it's an Austrian team.
If that is the case indeed, it's probably the worst slip up after Turkey 2007 (wasn't it?) when the leader of a "state" not recognized by the U.N. was invited in the podium to hand a trophy..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Metar

ESPImperium wrote:
ringo wrote:Its basically the jaguar team in a new skin.
Whitch was the old Stewart team. So i guess we can say they are a British team.
And wasn't that one previously Lotus?

andartop

I think not.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ISLAMATRON

Vasco wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Anyone else found it strange how Webber Had 2.5kg more fuel but still pitted 1 lap earlier than Vettle? are we seeing a pecking order being established at RBR?
I do think Vettel is the person to carry the team forward instead of Webber. First wins for STR and RB...and he also has that motivation and character to take the team forward.
Webber is alot better than people know... he just has terrible destiny... I dont think you will see Vettle dominating Webber in any way this year. Webber seems pretty damned determined to come back from the horrendous injuries he suffered this winter, and he's got alot of character as well. He's obviously a leader in the team and amongst the drivers.

If for any reason they are favoring Vettle it most probably is due to contract realities... Vettle could almost have any ride he wants next year whereas, Webber is pretty committed to the team.

nudger

i thought the anthem was determined by where the company is registered, not on what racing authority they race under.
i would guess that red bull racing are a british registered company .. just an assumption mind you

Jersey Tom

roost89 wrote:
Jersey Tom wrote:McLaren supply engines. Not chassis.
McLaren supply engines? This is news to the entire F1 community man. McLaren doesn't even use a McLaren engine they use a Mercedes engine.
Thus McLaren-Mercedes. Like Red Bull-Renault and Williams-Toyota
Ffs you know what I meant.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Conceptual

blobslosak wrote:
Giblet wrote:
Jersey Tom wrote:Great drives by RBR, BGP, and Buemi.

Have to say been a bit disappointed with Bourdais. At first one coulda speculated on equipment, but given Buemi's drive...
...right into the back of the race leader on his sister team.

It was a great drive, but a little too eager.

Vettel made a similar error before to.

Vettel actually said it was his fault,not Buemi's, Giblet.
He said that he was being careful, and looking for the cars that were ahead of him. He did not say that it was his fault, but he did say that it was possible that by moving to the right to see where the other cars were, that it may have contributed.

The BBC website has the post-race interview where he explains it.

ringo

nudger wrote:i thought the anthem was determined by where the company is registered, not on what racing authority they race under.
i would guess that red bull racing are a british registered company .. just an assumption mind you
I was watching the race on speed TV, the showed the constructors points standings, RBR was designated with a union jack. So i guess you may be right.
For Sure!!

djos

ISLAMATRON wrote: Webber is alot better than people know... he just has terrible destiny... I dont think you will see Vettle dominating Webber in any way this year. Webber seems pretty damned determined to come back from the horrendous injuries he suffered this winter, and he's got alot of character as well. He's obviously a leader in the team and amongst the drivers.

If for any reason they are favoring Vettle it most probably is due to contract realities... Vettle could almost have any ride he wants next year whereas, Webber is pretty committed to the team.
Well put mate, I could not have said it better! =D>
"In downforce we trust"

jamsbong

Congratulation Sebastian Vettel! He is a true example of a champion. He had only 1 chance to qualify in Q2 and Q3, yet he snatch top spot from Webber. Remember, both cars had identical weights and performance. It is only down to driver and the better driver took the poll.

Sure... Webber is keeping Vettel honest but from what I can see, Vettel thrives under pressure and the win in Shanghai says it all!

I really want to see Vettel taking the championship this year.
djos wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote: Webber is alot better than people know... he just has terrible destiny... I dont think you will see Vettle dominating Webber in any way this year. Webber seems pretty damned determined to come back from the horrendous injuries he suffered this winter, and he's got alot of character as well. He's obviously a leader in the team and amongst the drivers.

Well put mate, I could not have said it better! =D>
I don't think Webber had always had bad luck. A lot of times he causes his own problems. I mean... why did he had to ride a bicycle so dangerously and injure himself? I do a lot of cycling myself so I know how much risk you can take before losing it.