Chinese GP 2009 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Metar

Re: Chinese GP 2009

richard_leeds wrote:About time the scrutineers did breath tests to encourage responsible driving.
I'd say, since Ecclestone is so keenly looking for a spectacle, that they should start with breath-tests to discourage responsible driving.

Also, start with alcohol-powered cars, Simpsons style: During Kimi's stop, it'll be a "One for you, one for me."

jddh1

Metar wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:About time the scrutineers did breath tests to encourage responsible driving.
I'd say, since Ecclestone is so keenly looking for a spectacle, that they should start with breath-tests to discourage responsible driving.

Also, start with alcohol-powered cars, Simpsons style: During Kimi's stop, it'll be a "One for you, one for me."
Well, in that department, us at Ferrari have an upper hand if that is to be implemented. LOL

Anyway, loved this comment from Vettel:
My original car was called ‘Kate’. But then it got smashed at the opening race in Australia. So we called this one ‘Kate's Dirty Sister’ because it is more aggressive and faster.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy is quickly becoming my favorite character in F1 in a long time.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

According to my Chassis Usage chart, Vettel was using the No. 3 chassis in Oz, and now he is using the No. 1 Chassis (launch Day One).

And the Chassis usage is looking pretty intresting at the moment, as Hekki has used the same engine all season so far, which is no surprise as he has only completed 1 full race on it. Kubica is already on his 3rd engine.

jddh1

ESPImperium wrote:According to my Chassis Usage chart, Vettel was using the No. 3 chassis in Oz, and now he is using the No. 1 Chassis (launch Day One).

And the Chassis usage is looking pretty intresting at the moment, as Hekki has used the same engine all season so far, which is no surprise as he has only completed 1 full race on it. Kubica is already on his 3rd engine.
I forgot how bad Kubica's season is going. Although I think he'll be able to use the Chinese engine again.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Kubica must have smashed up Kate really badly with his BMW Sauber as now he is using the 5th BMW Sauber tub as well, as at Aus, he was using the 3rd BMW Sauber Tub.

There are a few intresting things going on as well. But ill start posting the chart here once the season is in full swing here in Europe.

roost89
roost89

Does anyone recall what Vettel said to DC during the grid-walk on Sunday?
It was quite the comment and I can't remember it for the life of me. Youtube doesn't have the answer either(yet)
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

It was something about women, and how DC should know about the women.

jddh1

ESPImperium wrote:It was something about women, and how DC should know about the women.
roost is not talking about the interview he gave to Formula1.com.

I think he's referring to another conversation that happened in the China GP.

Ray

andartop wrote: Yes, a good drive, but would have achieved a much better result if he wasn't mowing the lawn for half the race.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest thing in this thread! I was going to keep my mouth shut about how Lewis got praised for his drive while spinning off and being lucky not to get nailed, while Massa got destroyed for doing the same thing. Mind you Hamilton finished higher, and I know that, but he deserved some sort or derision for spinning every 10 laps.

ISLAMATRON

Ray wrote:
andartop wrote: Yes, a good drive, but would have achieved a much better result if he wasn't mowing the lawn for half the race.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest thing in this thread! I was going to keep my mouth shut about how Lewis got praised for his drive while spinning off and being lucky not to get nailed, while Massa got destroyed for doing the same thing. Mind you Hamilton finished higher, and I know that, but he deserved some sort or derision for spinning every 10 laps.
He spun twice... the rest was taking the asphalt runoff off the edge of the final turn... most of the driver went off there, even Webber... and Vettle too if I remember correctly(he also got really sideways there during qually)... there was a big puddle at the apex of turn 16(last corner) and Webber requested the chinese officials to improve the drainage at that corner after the race.

andartop
andartop

ISLAMATRON wrote:He spun twice... the rest was taking the asphalt runoff off the edge of the final turn... most of the driver went off there, even Webber... and Vettle too if I remember correctly(he also got really sideways there during qually)... there was a big puddle at the apex of turn 16(last corner) and Webber requated the chinese officials to improve the drainage at that corner after the arce.
I didn't say anything about spins, I said about mowing the lawn. With the 2009 cars you can get a few good extra bucks just by cruising off circuit!
The man admitted himself it was one of his worst performances in the wet..

PS I hope you meant to type "race", not "arse".
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ISLAMATRON

andartop wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:He spun twice... the rest was taking the asphalt runoff off the edge of the final turn... most of the driver went off there, even Webber... and Vettle too if I remember correctly(he also got really sideways there during qually)... there was a big puddle at the apex of turn 16(last corner) and Webber requated the chinese officials to improve the drainage at that corner after the arce.
I didn't say anything about spins, I said about mowing the lawn. With the 2009 cars you can get a few good extra bucks just by cruising off circuit!
The man admitted himself it was one of his worst performances in the wet..

PS I hope you meant to type "race", not "arse".
Clearly it was his worst wet performance in F1, but I didnt say you said spins... I was responding to Ray... and yes, see the C? I meant race

djos

jddh1 wrote: Well, in that department, us at Ferrari have an upper hand if that is to be implemented. LOL

Anyway, loved this comment from Vettel:
My original car was called ‘Kate’. But then it got smashed at the opening race in Australia. So we called this one ‘Kate's Dirty Sister’ because it is more aggressive and faster.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy is quickly becoming my favorite character in F1 in a long time.
yeah he is awesome, when Webbo retires in a few years time Vettel will be my #1 favorite Driver. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

jamsbong
jamsbong

Vettel really shown that he is in the class of his own that day. Everyone complaint about the conditions (being the toughest of their career etcs) and they all went off track at least once.

Vettel kept it all together and he remain the fastest throughout the race. I mean sure being first place means you have a clear view. But what about the time when he is behind Button faster the last pitstop? He was behind a fast Brawn car which had a lighter fuel load and getting lots of spray from that car. What did he do? He overtook Button despite his car is heavier.

Moreover, what is impressive is that everytime the safety car goes away, he could immediately build a gap. Goes to show how well he can handle cold brakes, cold tires and variable conditions without making mistakes. The last driver that I know who can do this is Michael Schumacher and before that Senna.

ISLAMATRON

Is this the same Vettle who spun in the wet just 15 days ago? Or the VEttle that spun in the rain at Silverstone last year and took out his semi teammate DC?

They all make mistakes and especially in the rain. Let him win a couple WDC's before he starts to get those kind on comparisons.