Chinese GP 2009 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: Chinese GP 2009

myurr wrote:Heikki had the new front wing. I don't know for sure about the diffuser but all the reports mentioned he didn't have that.

So new aero on both cars, with Lewis having the extra benefit of the interim diffuser.
This is why Blewit should have had a year in a crap F1 car to start with; now that he has no confidence in the car he is getting out paced by his team mate who does know how to deal with having a sub-standard car.

[/2c]
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Btw, it's good to see Bourdais finally starting to get a handle on his STR4 and out-pacing his teammate consistently (so far).
"In downforce we trust"

Vasco

djos wrote:
myurr wrote:Heikki had the new front wing. I don't know for sure about the diffuser but all the reports mentioned he didn't have that.

So new aero on both cars, with Lewis having the extra benefit of the interim diffuser.
This is why Blewit should have had a year in a crap F1 car to start with; now that he has no confidence in the car he is getting out paced by his team mate who does know how to deal with having a sub-standard car.

[/2c]
:roll: ok ok we get your point djos....you hate macca and hamilton and choose to ignore the the results of the first 2 races when comparing hamilton to kovy.

Anyway, does anyone have any pics of the renault interim diffuser?

djos

Vasco wrote: :roll: ok ok we get your point djos....you hate macca and hamilton and choose to ignore the the results of the first 2 races when comparing hamilton to kovy.

Anyway, does anyone have any pics of the renault interim diffuser?
As per the other topic where I was accused of hating MacLaren, I dont at all*! I do dislike Hamilton tho for what I percieve to be his arrogance on track. eg last year he pulled some very un-sportsman like moves on Webbo and a few other drivers that smacked of "get the --- outta my way, F1 is my birth-right" style attitude.

*If were to "hate" any team it would be Ferrari for the way they carried on over Stepney-Gate.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Friday Press Conference Transcripts are up and there is some very entertaining and friendly banter between Norbert Haug & Christian Horner. 8)

http://www.crash.net/Formula+One/Featur ... -_pt1.html

http://www.crash.net/Formula+One/Featur ... -_pt2.html

EDIT: and plenty of "Diffuser" chat too.
"In downforce we trust"

yzfr7

Vettel -> "The main task here for all the teams and drivers is to manage the different tyre compounds. As you can see, graining is the main issue, but thankfully I have my helmet and visor, which protects my eyes as the rubber is coming off!”

Or you cry or you laugh. :wink:
pax

xpensive

See what we got here, Kazuki Nakajima one second faster than both BMWs and Renaults? What a sad mockery.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ISLAMATRON

yzfr7 wrote:Vettel -> "The main task here for all the teams and drivers is to manage the different tyre compounds. As you can see, graining is the main issue, but thankfully I have my helmet and visor, which protects my eyes as the rubber is coming off!”

for clarity it was Webber who said that not Vettle. Everyone is saying they expect the tires to last much better than in Austrailia.

djos

ISLAMATRON wrote:
yzfr7 wrote:Vettel -> "The main task here for all the teams and drivers is to manage the different tyre compounds. As you can see, graining is the main issue, but thankfully I have my helmet and visor, which protects my eyes as the rubber is coming off!”

for clarity it was Webber who said that not Vettle. Everyone is saying they expect the tires to last much better than in Austrailia.
It was Vettel, it's in Webbo's own Press release:

http://www.markwebber.com/news/details. ... ectID=2187
"In downforce we trust"

djos

xpensive wrote:See what we got here, Kazuki Nakajima one second faster than both BMWs and Renaults? What a sad mockery.
Based on the last 2 rounds, the BMW boy's are mainly concentrating on Race setup on Fridays + some testing duties.
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

djos wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:

It was Vettel, it's in Webbo's own Press release:

http://www.markwebber.com/news/details. ... ectID=2187
Guess autosport has it wrong then
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74525

not the first time.

djos

ISLAMATRON wrote: Guess autosport has it wrong then
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74525

not the first time.
LOL, they have the Drivers comments completely ass-about! :lol:
"In downforce we trust"

ESPImperium

New front wings for McLaren and Renault, posibly RBR as well:

Shark fin for the STR4 as well:

McLaren style front wheel fairing on the F60 & RB5:

Same for the STR4 as well with fairings, but a pretty rudementry way of getting the servos for the front wing adjustment to work:

Henning

What part are you talking about being "rudimentary" I can see two thin posts holding up the extended winglets that come from the end-plates.

blobslosak

The white lines on the torro rosso are wires for the adjustable front wing servos.