Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ced ampo

Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

Finally, got the opportunity to be the thread starter guy. :lol: :lol:

ESPImperium

Re: Hungarian Grand Prix 2009

Circuit Length: 4.381 Kilometers
Race Distance: 306.680 Kilometers
Race Distance: 70 Laps
Tyres Compounds: Super Soft/Soft

Sinopsis:

Brawn: Massive update, simmilar to RBR @ Silverstone
Red Bull: New Chassis for Webber??? He may not want a new one if the 02 is now a winner.
Toyota: Need a RBR style update.
Ferrari: General updates.
Williams: Need a massive update, again simmilar to RBR.
McLaren: Hekki to get the Hamilton update.
BMW Sauber: Massive philosiphy overhaul and massive update needed.
STR-Ferrari: Red Bull RB5 updates on the way, new DDD and front end.
Force India: Small updates, just refining the overall package.

Bourdais to be replaced by Algusalari
Piquet to be replaced by Grosjean

Drivers on the borderline: Nakajimma, Barrichello, Fisichella and both Toyota drivers.

ben_watkins

It'll be interesting if the weather is warmer, as it should suit the Brawns..

But it will be dusty for everyone and Jenson doesn't like it at all when there is low grip.

Bring on FP1 & FP2!
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

JamesS

Looks like a good KERS track.

timbo

JamesS wrote:Looks like a good KERS track.
Why?
It's as good KERS track as Monaco, the only HUGELY beneficial moment for KERS cars may be start as the main straight is not that narrow so you can gain places and afterwards it is very tough to overtake.

ISLAMATRON

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

Bourdais out Alguersuari in

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76945

Edit: sorry, not concrete, alot of speculation

But Repsol sounds like a good grab for STR. Bordais could have done more for his seat had he lobbied the french to take Redbull off the banned substances list, haha, fat chance with that one.

bjpower

it would make since to update the torra rossos to get them into the fight.
try to push button to 7-8 th

vasia

STR will likely suffer, as the RB5 chassis does not excel in hot conditions as much as it does in colder ones. It eats the tires too much. I am hoping for hot conditions, as cold conditions in summer are just not normal and not representative. Hot conditions are also much tougher on drivers and car's reliability. It makes for better racing in my opinion. Plus, if Bourdais is replaced with Alguersuari, then in his first race he will likely stumble.
ESPImperium wrote: Sinopsis:

Brawn: Massive update, simmilar to RBR @ Silverstone
Red Bull: New Chassis for Webber??? He may not want a new one if the 02 is now a winner.
Toyota: Need a RBR style update.
Ferrari: General updates.
Williams: Need a massive update, again simmilar to RBR.
McLaren: Hekki to get the Hamilton update.
BMW Sauber: Massive philosiphy overhaul and massive update needed.
STR-Ferrari: Red Bull RB5 updates on the way, new DDD and front end.
Force India: Small updates, just refining the overall package.

Bourdais to be replaced by Algusalari
Piquet to be replaced by Grosjean

Drivers on the borderline: Nakajimma, Barrichello, Fisichella and both Toyota drivers.
Toyota drivers on the "borderline"? Why would you say that? It makes no sense.

I'm not so sure Brawn and Williams have the resources for a massive Red Bull style update. Button said they would have a step in Hungary, but it did not sound like anything dramatic. There has been no word from Brawn about a massive update. Yes they need one, but it seems like their lack of resources compared to the huge teams is starting to hurt them in the development race.

Toyota DOES have the resources for a huge update, and they NEED a big update, at least as big as the one they had in Turkey, but preferably bigger.

Word is that Ferrari is abandoning development of the F60 and focusing on next year because they are alarmed at how fast the competition is developing. It's some twisted irony to see Ferrari throwing up their hands in the air and giving up mid-season. Only problem is, Ferrari won't have much of an advantage as next year's cars are quite similar to this year's, and it makes sense to keep pushing development to the very last race, as track time can always be viewed as sort of testing/preparation for next season in a way.

I also doubt BMW will have a big update in Hungary, after their fairly large update in Germany, which failed to move them up the grid.

Renault I feel is similar to Williams and Brawn. With so much development potential available on this year's cars due to the new rules, I doubt Renault can keep up with the big teams like last year.

sticky667

www.autosport.com wrote:Despite Alguersuari's promotion to the race seat, Sebastien Loeb remains linked with a switch to F1 with Toro Rosso once his commitments in the world rally championship are finished this season.
Has anyone else any info on this? This would be a dream come true!!

lauromoura

timbo wrote:...afterwards it is very tough to overtake.
If its tough to overtake normal cars, imagine overtaking KERS cars on that short straight.

ESPImperium

What im meaning about both Toyota drivers is that both of them are borderline for the potential that car has. Give that car to Alonso and im shure it would have won a race by now.

Thats what im meaning, they need a proven driver now, not Trulli and Glock. Whitch im shure that Toyota are looking at replacing one or both of them in 2010.

As for development, i think you have got it right, altho for Williams id recon its more in the ideas department that they are lacking, not budget as Frank Williams said on BBCi after the German GP.

vasia

Oh, that I certainly agree with, although I put a bit more blame on Trulli than Glock. Glock has struggled with extracting potential from the car over 1 lap, but Glock so far this season has been tremendous in race performances. If Glock had the qualifying abilities of Trulli, for sure he would have won at least one race by now. In a few races Glock showed race pace almost equal to the Red Bulls and Brawn cars. Word is that even McLaren is interested in trying to get Glock for next year. Trulli has the qualifying abilities, but is not as great of a race driver. Put the two together and you would have the perfect combination :wink:.

I think Trulli may be the one to go, if indeed Toyota is looking at replacements. Kimi likely wants to retire, but it would be very interesting if Toyota could somehow get him since Ferrari is almost guaranteed to get Alonso.

Interesting comment about Williams, so does that mean their budget is higher than most think? So far this season it looks like Williams has had more than enough innovative ideas. In my opinion they don't seem to be lacking much in that regard.

Giblet

ced ampo wrote:Finally, got the opportunity to be the thread starter guy. :lol: :lol:
I figured you would have started a thread a bout a race that happened 10 years a go. :)

What is it about Trulli and Glock that is so bad? When the car is good they both quali and place not too far from each other, and the skills of the Toyota drivers helped develop the car they have.

Winning Monaco is not a small feat for any driver, and Trulli has proven himself more then once a competent qualifier, tester, and racer. Keeping the whole field behind you during the Trulli train is not an easy task, or something he doesn't have to try and do.

I agree Alonso is a better all around driver package, but Toyota doesn't currently have access to the talent pool of Kimi, Lewis, or Fernando, to name a few.

Toyota isn't really on their radar ATM.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

vasia

I personally don't have a huge issue with either Trulli or Glock. They're a fairly good driver combination. I think the TEAM needs to get their act together and work as a unit in order to extract the full potential of the car. This car has the potential to be at least Top-5 or Top-6 in every race. It also has the potential of regular podium finishes. In Bahrain, Toyota actually had the potential to win, qualifying was superbly executed, but they blew it with their tire choices in the race.

Roland Ehnström

Has Toyota even confirmed that they will race in 2010?