Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
vasia

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

Yes, Toyota will race in 2010.

ISLAMATRON

got some inside info?

mike

Re: Hungarian Grand Prix 2009

timbo wrote:
JamesS wrote:Looks like a good KERS track.
Why?
It's as good KERS track as Monaco, the only HUGELY beneficial moment for KERS cars may be start as the main straight is not that narrow so you can gain places and afterwards it is very tough to overtake.
low speed corners favors oversteering balanced KERS cars and since KERS cars usually have less downforce its another benefit. In monaco the Ferraris were good enough to challenge the brawns, with a front suspension update and general developments they stand quite good along with Mclaren.
Come Monza and it will definately favor the KERS cars, slow speed corners+higher straight line speed.

ISLAMATRON

are you implying that KERS takes away downforce from the cars and induces oversteer? So are you under the impression that if BGP or RBR were fitted with KERS they would instantly have less downforce? So then what would be Renault's, BMW's, FIF1's, STR's, Toyo's & Williams' excuses?

vasia

ISLAMATRON wrote:got some inside info?
There is no need for inside info. Like all FOTA teams, Toyota has tentatively signed up for the 2010 season. It's been pretty obvious in the news Toyota wants to race like all the other teams and that they and other teams are trying to clear up any issues with the FIA for next year.

If some of you doubt that Toyota is racing next year, you're just taking silly rumors too seriously. Toyota's new president is a motorsports enthusiast and a racer himself.

adam2007

i dont understand, right

brawn is soft on tyres, is it beacuse it has plenty of downforce on the car so it slides less and doesnt wear them away, but saying that the more downforce it would get heat in tyres quicker as tyres are being pressed into track, am i wrong?

mike

ISLAMATRON wrote:are you implying that KERS takes away downforce from the cars and induces oversteer? So are you under the impression that if BGP or RBR were fitted with KERS they would instantly have less downforce? So then what would be Renault's, BMW's, FIF1's, STR's, Toyo's & Williams' excuses?
nah im just saying that the KERS teams spend some of their effort on KERS rather than downforce. And just so happends none of the KERS-running teams knew about DDD.
And the having KERS on the car will add weight to the back hence induce oversteer and therefore better into slow corners.
And in some respect the balance will trigger them have less over-all downforce. For example, lets just say you need to maxed rear downforce to AERO-balance a KERS car (downforce to the back) and then you cant have max in the front downforce as the car will oversteer excessively.

ISLAMATRON

Seems like STR will be getting a bump in performance... but just how much? enough to fight the Brawns? with 2 rookies even?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5037.shtml

ben_watkins

Perhaps performace will come now that Bourdais has been axed too?
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

StrFerrari4Ever

It seems as if this is Toro Rosso's turning point a second a lap would be something astonishing and surely this will help Buemi push harder and show us what his capable of & Bourdais departing will only bring confidence to the next driver who will start with the updated car and will have no excuse of not getting into Q3. :P

Exciting times ahead!!

jddh1

I expect McLaren to be good in this circuit ahead of my lovely Ferraris. I think this is the order I think the teams will be, generally speaking:

Brawn (yes back on top)
RBR
McLaren
Ferrari
Renault
Williams
STR
FiFi
Toyota
BMW

ISLAMATRON

McLaren keeping KERS for Hungary as expected..

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0003.shtml

I think Lou has a good shot for a win

ESPImperium

Maybes no Piquet too at the Hungaroring???

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2654.shtml

vasia

jddh1 wrote:I expect McLaren to be good in this circuit ahead of my lovely Ferraris. I think this is the order I think the teams will be, generally speaking:

Brawn (yes back on top)
RBR
McLaren
Ferrari
Renault
Williams
STR
FiFi
Toyota
BMW
Bit of a silly order. What exactly is this based on? You place Renault, Williams, STR, and FI ahead of Toyota? You do realize Hungary is a strong track for Toyota right? Last year Glock finished on the podium at Hungary. Toyota's car this year like the Brawn car excels in hot conditions, and it looks like it will be quite warm for the Hungary race.

I think Red Bull may not be as strong here, especially with higher temperatures.

Henning

ESPImperium wrote:Maybes no Piquet too at the Hungaroring???

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2654.shtml
He's safe : http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2448.shtml

...for now