Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bjpower
bjpower

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

it wouldn't surprise me to see the torro rossa show up with the updates from the red bull.
there is not enough of a points difference between 1st and 3-4th for the RB lads to close the gap they need more people pushing the brawns down.

siskue2005

bjpower wrote:it wouldn't surprise me to see the torro rossa show up with the updates from the red bull.
there is not enough of a points difference between 1st and 3-4th for the RB lads to close the gap they need more people pushing the brawns down.
they just need 1 DNF from Button
gap will b down to 10 points, which IMO i achievable in 6 races

jddh1

vasia wrote:
jddh1 wrote:I expect McLaren to be good in this circuit ahead of my lovely Ferraris. I think this is the order I think the teams will be, generally speaking:

Brawn (yes back on top)
RBR
McLaren
Ferrari
Renault
Williams
STR
FiFi
Toyota
BMW
Bit of a silly order. What exactly is this based on? You place Renault, Williams, STR, and FI ahead of Toyota? You do realize Hungary is a strong track for Toyota right? Last year Glock finished on the podium at Hungary. Toyota's car this year like the Brawn car excels in hot conditions, and it looks like it will be quite warm for the Hungary race.

I think Red Bull may not be as strong here, especially with higher temperatures.
It's my opinion. You're entitled to yours.

But I put Toyota that far back because I don't think they have kept up with development pace at all. I want them to do well, but I think they're completely going backwards.

PlatinumZealot

Going out on a limb, to say: this is a Race for Mcalaren and Lewis Hamilton. Slow track (next to Monaco) and high downforce. Watch and see Hamilton's first Pole position and win of the 2009 season.

Remember this well!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Giblet
Giblet

n smikle wrote:Going out on a limb, to say: this is a Race for Mcalaren and Lewis Hamilton. Slow track (next to Monaco) and high downforce. Watch and see Hamilton's first Pole position and win of the 2009 season.

Remember this well!
In the last race Hammy was talking about saving his motor, meaning it could be a borderline unit. It may explode and need changing, or might just need changing for an underpower condition, either resulting in a penalty.

It might also be just fine, but a new one is better ;)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

chasefreak
chasefreak

Giblet wrote:
n smikle wrote:Going out on a limb, to say: this is a Race for Mcalaren and Lewis Hamilton. Slow track (next to Monaco) and high downforce. Watch and see Hamilton's first Pole position and win of the 2009 season.

Remember this well!
In the last race Hammy was talking about saving his motor, meaning it could be a borderline unit. It may explode and need changing, or might just need changing for an underpower condition, either resulting in a penalty.

cuz he knew he blew the race on turn1 and saving the machine was his best option

Richard
Richard

chasefreak wrote:
Giblet wrote:

Remember this well!

cuz he knew he blew the race on turn1 and saving the machine was his best option
He was talking about the gearbox, if he DNF'd then he'd get a free change. I don't think he had a problem, he was looking for excuses to give up.

Roland Ehnström

richard_leeds wrote:He was talking about the gearbox, if he DNF'd then he'd get a free change. I don't think he had a problem, he was looking for excuses to give up.
Neither actually, he simply suggested that it would be more prudent to save what they had for the next race rather than to continue plodding along at the tail end of the field for no good reason. I would have made the same suggestion myself, and if McLaren now indeed suffer a gearbox failure on Lewis' car in the Hungarian GP apologies would be in order...

siskue2005

Remember this well!
Remember Ferrari was the fastest at Monaco in quly
and almost as fast as the Brawns in race

Giblet
Giblet

Monaco is a strange one off track where the cars have very little reliance on their complex aerodynamics, other than the wings.

Results from Monaco have little or no bearing on other tracks, even slower ones like Hungary and thinking otherwise may be wishful thinking.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

PlatinumZealot

siskue2005 wrote:

Remember this well!
The Mclaren seemed promising in Monaco, things just didn't turn out right after Lewis' crash.

The Mclaren team feels the same too. I am telling you, they're going to win!

http://www.f1technical.net/news/12892
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

djos

n smikle wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

Remember this well!
The Mclaren seemed promising in Monaco, things just didn't turn out right after Lewis' crash.

The Mclaren team feels the same too. I am telling you, they're going to win!

http://www.f1technical.net/news/12892
it is good to have dreams! :D

Webber will get back to back poles and wins - he's on fire now and back to full fitness! 8)
"In downforce we trust"

Roland Ehnström

Personally I think Button will win this one, the Brawn should be far better suited to slow and hot Hungaroring than to cold and fast Nürburgring/Silverstone. It promises to be a close race, though, as Red Bull are surely in with a chance and both Ferrari and McLaren are looking promising. Also I wouldn't count out Alonso on his favorite track. I expect Toyota to be in the mid-field with Toro Rosso, Williams and Force India, while I expect BMW to struggle badly once again, but looking at the whole 20-car field this promises to be one of the closest races this year and indeed in formula one history!

WhiteBlue

Another wet race in Hungary would be nice to mix up things. I agree that Button woud be favourite to win a dry race. In the rain we can expect more mixed results.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

woohoo
woohoo

WhiteBlue wrote:Another wet race in Hungary would be nice to mix up things. I agree that Button woud be favourite to win a dry race. In the rain we can expect more mixed results.
It would interesting to see qualifying in dry and race in wet, or vice versa :)
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer