Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bjpower

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

I hope button gets a DNF and vettle, webber and chello take the podium in a close contested battle to the finish.
no offense to button but it would be good the get the points close for the remaining races

PNSD

tbh its not upto Button or Brawn to DNF to make a close battle.

Its upto Vettel, Mark and Rubens to score higher and win races... I dont think we have seen any mech failures in races for the top 4. Only mistakes which have caused DNF's.

Sawtooth-spike

I still think the 2 Engines that Redbull lost at the start of the season will cause them problems in the last few races.

I think this will be a strong track for brawn. So Redbull need to just keep intouch.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

scarbs

Updates and facts on the cars...

Brawn
Rubens twitter pages suggests an Upgrade package is expected, but no details

Red Bull Racing
Continue to run the German update package. No new parts mentioned in press statements.

McLaren
Continue to run the German update package on both cars. No new parts mentioned in press releases.

Ferrari
Some updates mentioned by the drivers

BMW Sauber
No new parts mentioned in press releases.

Renault
Continue to run the German update package. Bodywork updates mentioned by Bob Bell.

Toyota
Continue to run the German update package. No new parts mentioned in press releases.

Williams
Sam Michael “We will be taking more upgrades to Budapest”

Toro Rosso
Giorgio Ascanalli “In Hungary we have a major upgrade, which includes the floor, rear wing, rear wing endplates, a nose which has had to pass a new impact test, new brake ducts etc. - pretty much the whole damn lot.”
Last edited by scarbs on 20 Jul 2009, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

imightbewrong

scarbs wrote:Updates and facts on the cars...
Renault
Continue to run the German update package. No new parts mentioned in press releases.
Regarding Renault:
Q. Will there be more updates in Hungary?

BB: In Germany we only had the new updates on Fernando's car, but next weekend Nelson will have the same upgrades as Fernando. There will also be some more bodywork updates that should take us another step further forward. Hungary will also give us more time to optimise all the previous upgrades in terms of car set-up, so I expect to see further benefits coming from the upgrade package we introduced in Germany.
linky

scarbs

Oops missed that comment, original post now edited

dedge

Don't know if it has been said before : but Piquet will probably have stress this week-end!
It seems that he kept his seat for this race for contract reasons only.
And he must perform well all around this week-end (don't know exactly what means "well"). If not Romain Grosjean is in the place for Valencia!

vasia

Every team is always bringing something new to every race, some teams more than others. These things are not always publicly mentioned by the teams.

At Germany, some teams had only 1 car running new parts, and those teams will have both cars with new parts in Hungary.

Toyota is already confirmed to have a new rear wing, and some other undisclosed updates for Hungary.

I'm sure Red Bull and BMW may have some new parts as well.

I think McLaren might be the only ones that actually don't have new parts, since parts originally intended for Hungary were fast-tracked and used in Germany. McLaren is only expected to put the new parts on both cars, where in Germany only Hamilton had the new parts.

jddh1

bjpower wrote:I hope button gets a DNF and vettle, webber and chello take the podium in a close contested battle to the finish.
no offense to button but it would be good the get the points close for the remaining races
I'll call Bernie and order him to make it happen. 8)

Scarbs, you forgot FiF1. Are they bringing anything new in Budapest? I'd like them to get that one point they almost had in Germany.

jonathan189

It's probably fair to say that the Hungaroring is no one's favourite circuit. But for the second year in a row the Hungarian GP could be very important in the context of the season.

Brawn or Red Bull? Well, if Brawn can't win this one, they are in real trouble. They have been blaming the temperature at the last two races, but this one should be a hot one. You have to back Brawn in a hot & dry race, but it will be very interesting to see how the Red Bulls compare after their aero upgrades since the last hot & dry GP in Turkey.

It will be fascinating to see how Ferrari, McLaren & Renault perform. Ferrari have slowly progressed towards "best of the rest" status and will expect a strong showing, while McLaren and Renault took big leaps forward with their new parts in Germany. Could McLaren or Renault leapfrog Ferrari? Is there still time for them to chase down 3rd place in the Constructors' Championship? This will be an interesting subplot.

hulmerist

so are the kers cars gonna be the only ones with any chance of overtaking this weekend?

lauromoura

jonathan189 wrote:Is there still time for them to chase down 3rd place in the Constructors' Championship?
8 races. 5th and 6th places give 7 points each race. Total "left": 56 points.

Currently:
Toyota 34.5
Ferrari 32
Williams 20.5
McLaren 14
Renault 13

Surely it will be iteresting :)

bjpower

theres alot of talk of the braws and the temp of the last 2 races
whats to suggest the redbulls wont be faster than hell in the heat?

wesley123

Because the Red Bull is designed to run optimal in low ambient temperatures, the brawn is otherwise.

You cna see that the RB5 is designed for low ambient temperatures as when they go to a hotter venue the car is cut open with all sorts of holes.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

bjpower

but thats not tire related?