Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
lauromoura

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

bjpower wrote:but thats not tire related?
In terms that the reduced gap (no more 2 stiffness levels difference) reduced Brawn's advantage of wearing less the soft ones? Maybe.

ESPImperium

Force India are ecpected to bring another 0.3 of a second to Hungary, they are rumored to have some new front and rear suspension components as well as a couple of small aero tweaks.

After evaluating the Hungaroring engine data from last year, im especting somewhere arround the 13500km mark added to the 2009 distance counter. Simmilare engine usages to Spain and Turkey, but the real stress is on the tyres and the gearboxes dut to the fact you are constantly in, entering or prepairing for a corner here. Only about 3 areas of rest for a drivers concentration in the entire track.

djos

Sawtooth-spike wrote:I still think the 2 Engines that Redbull lost at the start of the season will cause them problems in the last few races.

I think this will be a strong track for brawn. So Redbull need to just keep intouch.
Webber hasn't lost any engines, only Vettel has. :)
"In downforce we trust"

Michiba

djos wrote:
Sawtooth-spike wrote:I still think the 2 Engines that Redbull lost at the start of the season will cause them problems in the last few races.

I think this will be a strong track for brawn. So Redbull need to just keep intouch.
I can only hope that this will make the team favour Webber. Nothing against Vettel, but I am a parochial aussie.

and to all the brits in here, We WILL win the ashes... so enjoy this victory while you can.

djos

Michiba wrote:
djos wrote:

I can only hope that this will make the team favour Webber. Nothing against Vettel, but I am a parochial aussie.

and to all the brits in here, We WILL win the ashes... so enjoy this victory while you can.
+1 8)
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

I don't where people get this "Brawn is better when it's hot" from when we have never seen this new RedBull in the Hot.

The only way to tell is to watch the race in Hungary.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

natef1

n smikle wrote:I don't where people get this "Brawn is better when it's hot" from when we have never seen this new RedBull in the Hot.

Brawn were strong in Australia (where it was hot), and Vettel struggled at the end of the race with tyres.

Malaysia, Brawn were strong until the race was stopped and would've done better if it hadn't been for Rubens' penalty.

Bahrain, again, Brawn wins.

Spanish GP, again, Brawn.

Monaco, Red Bull struggled with tyres (or at least, Vettel did).

Turkey, again Brawn. Would've done better if not for Rubens' ineptitude.

And the past two races where it's been colder, it's been Red Bull. So it's fair to say, I think.

vasia

ESPImperium wrote:Force India are ecpected to bring another 0.3 of a second to Hungary, they are rumored to have some new front and rear suspension components as well as a couple of small aero tweaks.

After evaluating the Hungaroring engine data from last year, im especting somewhere arround the 13500km mark added to the 2009 distance counter. Simmilare engine usages to Spain and Turkey, but the real stress is on the tyres and the gearboxes dut to the fact you are constantly in, entering or prepairing for a corner here. Only about 3 areas of rest for a drivers concentration in the entire track.
Not really news-worthy. At this point, every team must bring at least 0.2-0.3 of a second of additional performance to each race just to maintain their state of competitiveness. To improve in the competitive order teams need to bring more than that, like Red Bull did at Silverstone.

ringo

How do we know how much faster a car is when the updates are not used on the same track as the car's previous state as a control?
The whole season i have been accepting "its faster by xx tenths" etc. But never questioned how that conclusion is arrived at. :)
I get it when the team runs the 2 cars with and without updates in practice, but outside of that i have no clue.
For Sure!!

djos

ringo wrote:How do we know how much faster a car is when the updates are not used on the same track as the car's previous state as a control?
+1

Answer: We dont. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

Michiba

natef1 wrote:
n smikle wrote:I don't where people get this "Brawn is better when it's hot" from when we have never seen this new RedBull in the Hot.

Brawn were strong in Australia (where it was hot), and Vettel struggled at the end of the race with tyres.

Malaysia, Brawn were strong until the race was stopped and would've done better if it hadn't been for Rubens' penalty.

And the past two races where it's been colder, it's been Red Bull. So it's fair to say, I think.
I think you need to take into consideration other factors such as RB's optimised DDD into account.

PlatinumZealot

natef1 wrote:

The car is not the same [-X

One word: UPGRADES
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

gibells

Hymies going well. Much ado about nothing me thinks.

imightbewrong

New winglet for toyota under the rear wing.

Gonner

Well, I'm watching FP1 and I'm quite impressed by Alguersuari, who's only two tenths slower than Buemi :wtf: