European GP 2009 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Gonner

Re: European GP @ VAlencia 2009

I didn't watch it last year either, and friends told me I'd chosen the right race. It was boring. I could see the McLaren in front again, with the RedBull.

ringo

Barichello's first win this season will be here. 8)
Then maybe Webber on his second, i want to say Vettel, but until he improves his starts.
And a Ferrari in third.

If the Mclarens are good to go, i tout LH for the win, Webber second Vettel third Kimi fourth and Rosberg fifth.
For Sure!!

mx_tifoso

Maybe BMW's string of back to back 1-2's will start here and they will recant their decision to be sissy's and quit? :^o
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

mstar

are we sure this is more of a stop-start circuit? Sam michaels said its a more KERS circuit.

I finding it very hard to predict the top people on this circuit as we just don't know what brawn are upto is it the cars? tyres? both??
the temp must be hot here and there are some breaking parts so should gets some tyre temp. i think mclaren/ferrar and redbull will be front runners UNLESS brawn magically solve their issues.

seems like a very high downforce circuit maybe not that much relaiance on aero here

natef1

PNSD wrote:This is a real proper stop-start track. Heavy braking and long acceleration parts. Because of the shear size and length and number of accerlation points KERS wont be that much of a use imo.
I would've thought this would be a perfect track for KERS, pretty much, with long acceleration zones. After all that's where KERS is best, is it not?

ISLAMATRON

axle wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:thanks for changing your pic and making my post look sillier than Renaults strategy dept

that track looks like 1 giant boring fail

Who had the great idea of 25 turns? all of them slow and tight?
25 Turns? Each one costing €xxx?! Or maybe they are grandstands and seat prices ;) :P
Yes 25 turns, just look at the track map,

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail ... agram.html

Yes I saw that the map MX Tifosi put up had the grandstands labeled with prices, but you obviously didnt notice that there were 26 grandstands, your attempt at humour gets a big FAIL!

Britain Smith

With Micheal in the mix for Ferrari, it might make the race more interested!

I can't want to see him drive again.

-Britain

WhiteBlue

My favourit podium would be:

Schumacher
Vettel
Rosberg

or

Vettel
Schumacher
Rosberg
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ISLAMATRON

nothing but zee germans huh

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:nothing but zee germans huh
=D>

bloody yes!! and if version 2 arrives we get the Austrian anthem to please the mountain folks who also speak German but can't find a competitive driver since Berger. :mrgreen:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

-KMR_NH-

ISLAMATRON wrote:nothing but zee germans huh
way too much Germans in F1, imo. Won't guarantee a good coverage of RTL. Luckily, I don't have to watch this crap.

But I guess it's gonna be interesting to see Jaime and Schumacher. Looking forward to it. Just hoping that the race will be a little bit more interesting than last year.
Kimi Räikkönen
Nico Hülkenberg

ringo

WhiteBlue wrote:My favourit podium would be:

Schumacher
Vettel
Rosberg

or

Vettel
Schumacher
Rosberg
No love for the Mclaren?
The engine is german :lol:
For Sure!!

WhiteBlue

ringo wrote: No love for the Mclaren?
The engine is german :lol:
It is made in Brixton in the UK at MBHPE Ltd with a bit of German management occasionally sprinkled over the Ilmore resourses. I'm not a great McLaren fan and particularly not of Ron Dennis.

jonathan189

So this race just got a whole lot more interesting.

For me the big question is this: who will place higher on the grid and in the race - Schumacher or Raikkonen? If Schumacher aged 40 can beat Kimi, I'll be absolutely in awe of him.

A race win for Ferrari or McLaren is a real possibility again, simply because KERS will give them a shot at the lead going into Turn 1. For the 3rd race in a row, Turn 1 is a Tilke-designed "overtaking opportunity" hairpin, and at the past two races the KERS cars have grabbed that opportunity.

It's really the last chance saloon for Brawn. Valencia is a hot part of world, with a Tilke track characterised by straights leading into tight, slow corners, and therefore this GP is probably as close as Brawn is going to get to the tracks where they dominated earlier in the year.

If the Brawns don't perform here, Button's championship campaign will be teetering on the brink and his lead will be next to nothing.

tk421

WhiteBlue wrote:My favourit podium would be:
Schumacher
Vettel
Rosberg
or
Vettel
Schumacher
Rosberg
i really cant wait until rosberg gets his first win! it won't be this year unless there's some crazy race, but i do think he'll make the podium at least once in these remaining races.
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!