Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

This one will be a good one, both Brawn drivers, both RBR drivers, Lewis & Kimi have a good shot. And then there is the weather.

ds.raikkonen

Re: Belgian GP 2009-SPA

10 bucks for a SF win by...of course Kimi! His favourite track, almost made it a hat-trick last year. But, crucially, the BGP001 is right there in terms of pace with the leaders. The higher track temperature did help them of course, whereas Spa is pretty cold. Well, we shall see what we shall see.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

alvinkhorfire

Red Bull looks set to stage a strong comeback at Spa-Francorchamps after a rather quiet afternoon at Valencia. Can Brawn GP stop them, especially Ruben who has scored a well-deserving victory? It should be difficult for McLaren to keep up their good pace at this fast-flowing circuit. Ferrari in the form of Kimi should be able to keep up their race pace. Is it the last time we see Luca racing Ferrari?

Note: For once, the presence of Schumi did not affect Kimi's strong race performance. :wink:

Giblet

Luca was asked to finish the race, reacclimatize himself to competitive racing after 10 years out, and not crash the car.

That was the goal, and he passed. Now that he has a feel for proper slicks, KERS, and racing amongst the world elite, he needs more time.

Any sane person should realize this.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

I dont buy it, Luca was ridiculously slow and spun a couple times, he could have destroyed what ended up being a pretty good race up at the front. If he could not handle the car they should have picked up someone with more recent race experience, plain and simple... this is F1, not Formula (not so) Masters.

timbo

ISLAMATRON wrote:I dont buy it, Luca was ridiculously slow and spun a couple times, he could have destroyed what ended up being a pretty good race up at the front. If he could not handle the car they should have picked up someone with more recent race experience, plain and simple... this is F1, not Formula (not so) Masters.
Actually he spun only once on his own error (the first time he was hit by Grosjean), and given that it is his first full race distance in 10 months in boiling hot conditions, he did damn well. His fastest lap was 1:40.590, also an improvement over his yesterdays result and faster than both STR cars.

ISLAMATRON

TBH, with Ferrari being my favorite team I'm glad they have Luca, I hope they can clone him and run him in three cars for all of next year.
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 23 Aug 2009, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

Giblet

I wonder how much of it is pure contract?

If Massa, Kimi, or Scumacher are unable to drive the car, is the officially registered backup next?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ray

ISLAMATRON wrote:I dont buy it, Luca was ridiculously slow and spun a couple times, he could have destroyed what ended up being a pretty good race up at the front. If he could not handle the car they should have picked up someone with more recent race experience, plain and simple... this is F1, not Formula (not so) Masters.
Easy for you to say sitting at home. :roll: Get a life.

PlatinumZealot

ds.raikkonen wrote:10 bucks for a SF win by...of course Kimi! His favourite track, almost made it a hat-trick last year. But, crucially, the BGP001 is right there in terms of pace with the leaders. The higher track temperature did help them of course, whereas Spa is pretty cold. Well, we shall see what we shall see.
Rain will be Great :mrgreen: Beating stick (kimi) can get pimp slapped up by the Hamster again. \:D/ Stay in line Kimi.. the MaccaDaddy doesn't like that!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSj5IwJgrw[/youtube]

This will be another Toss up; Brawn, RBR, Ferrari, Mclaren.. I think BMW* might try something.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ESPImperium

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

Should be a good race. Ill have to get my engine data updaded, and Vettel will throw a spanner in the works.

However, rumor has it that Red Bull are looking at the Renault KERS system for Spa or most probably Monza till the end of the season to try and beat Brawn and compete with the McLarens

Hope Ferrari replace Badoer with Gene or even Nelson Piquet soon. Ferrari need to avoid embarresment.

djos

Apparently CH said at the EuroGp that they had no such plans to put KERS in their car.

Anyhoo, Spa is RB5 country (low temps & Aero critical), my money is on an all RedBull front row and for Webber to win. [-o<
"In downforce we trust"

ds.raikkonen

n smikle wrote:..Rain will be Great :mrgreen: Beating stick (kimi) can get pimp slapped up by the Hamster again.!
Yeah, he might, by cutting `n' number of chicanes no less....as usual. not new for the Hamster is nt it?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Roland Ehnström

Spa should suit the Red Bulls, like Silverstone and Nürburgring.

Some say that Spa should suit the KERS-cars, but I don't buy that at all. First of all the lap is very long and you can only use KERS for 6 seconds each lap. Second, there are fast bends (Eau Rouge, Stavelot) leading out on to the longest straights, so KERS will not be a big help to quickly get up to speed. Third, the fastest bends (Eau Rouge, Pouhon, Stavelot) is the key at Spa, and there you need maximum high-speed downforce, not maximum horsepower. And if it rains, it will suit Red Bull even better.

In short, I expect Vettel to bounce back with a win here.

xpensive

Inga argument där Roland, men jag har mina förhoppningar på Webber! :D
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"