Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

xpensive wrote:Inga argument där Roland, men jag har mina förhoppningar på Webber! :D
English please? #-o
"In downforce we trust"

xpensive

Just means that my hopes are for Mark to win at Spa.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

djos

xpensive wrote:Just means that my hopes are for Mark to win at Spa.
Ah ha, Finish I presume?

PS. motion seconded! 8)
"In downforce we trust"

Roland Ehnström

Finnish??? :lol: This is Swedish, which (very much unlike Finnish) is very similar to English. Mostly it's just the spelling that is different: Notice words like "argument", which means, well, "argument", "där" which means "there", "mina" which means "my" (compare with "mine"), "hopp" which means "hope", and "har", which means "have". With a little imagination I think you should have been able to figure out the meaning of this sentence, English or not.

djos

Just put it down to me being an ignorant Aussie! :oops:
"In downforce we trust"

Shaddock

djos wrote:Just put it down to me being an ignorant Aussie! :oops:
So what did you think of the cricket :lol:

mstar

well i think if we are right KERS may not be that much benefit on spa as somewhere like a shorter circuit with 1 straight. I dnt have any data on this but just being a armchair expert :D

But did anyone notice how quick in a straight line brawn were? was that due to wing levels OR their aero pack is really good? or they have reduced the imfamous drag issue that RAXX had?

just a small observation as i never saw the brawns that high before in race trim. COuld be a good sign on the long sweeps and straights in spa (if they can get tyre temp)

djos

Shaddock wrote:
What's cricket? If it doesn't involve a vehicle with 4 wheels & a V8 Engine (or similar power levels) im not interested.

PS. Ball sports are uninteresting to me. :D
"In downforce we trust"

xpensive

Mixing Swedish and Finnish is a dangerous one, ask Roland, he lives close enough.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ds.raikkonen

djos wrote:PS. Ball sports are uninteresting to me. :D
not surprising, given the aussies lost 1-2 to the brits in the Ashes.

BTW, can we bring back this topic to the Belgian GP please?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Shaddock

djos wrote:
Shaddock wrote:
What's cricket?
"Just put it down to me being an ignorant Aussie!"

Ok, will do.

BreezyRacer

mstar wrote:well i think if we are right KERS may not be that much benefit on spa as somewhere like a shorter circuit with 1 straight. I dnt have any data on this but just being a armchair expert :D

But did anyone notice how quick in a straight line brawn were? was that due to wing levels OR their aero pack is really good? or they have reduced the imfamous drag issue that RAXX had?

just a small observation as i never saw the brawns that high before in race trim. COuld be a good sign on the long sweeps and straights in spa (if they can get tyre temp)
For some reason ALL the Mercedes powered cars were fast this weekend. There's something going in the motor department, IMO. For Renault to suddenly 2 motors on Vettal's car in 1 weekend is just flat out weird, too. Maybe there was some technical "clarification" regarding engines that just took effect. Look at Force India, Brawn, and Maca. Something's up ..

Brawn have reduced the drag on their car thru the use of the sidepod deflectors though. That might be helping the temp issues they were having with the rear times too.

stl0

I can't recall teammates ever finishing first and last on the track, but I suspect we have a good chance of that at Spa with Kimi and Luca. Kimi has been on form in the last couple of races, and his record at Spa suggests a certain comfort level with the track. The KERS may be nothing more than expensive ballast during the race (due to the length of the lap IMO), but Kimi seems to have figured out exactly how to maximize its advantage at the start, which is a big advantage anywhere.

With Mclaren already downplaying their chances for aero reasons, the Brawns still questionable in cooler temperatures, and Red Bull apparently spending resources on KERS, this looks like the SF's best and last chance at a victory this season. Especially if it's true that they stopped development on this years car.

Of course, Luca could really turn it on and finish second last denying us the odd spectacle of Ferrari bookends on the field.

StrFerrari4Ever

This race will be absolutely fantastic with the resurgence of Mclaren & Ferrari they will be right up there.
Red Bull should bounce back strongly here watch out for Vettel he seems to go well here , Brawns new package is hitting the spot but will it be a match for Red Bull's amazing High Speed AeroDynamics @ Belgium? :wink:

Williams , Renault & BMW are the dark horses although I don't expect much from them unless they go aggresive In Qualifying , Force India need to get their act together In terms of not making mistakes and their top speed is impressive so they could do something maybe their first points?Doubt it though. Toyota have lost their way I don't think they'll be anywhere near the top 8 they've fallen away like in previous seasons and surely their days are numbered If they cant get that first victory they've craved for.

But and this Is a BIG BUT Toro Rosso since now they have the Red Bull Silverstone Package and has been updated a bit they should surprise many people we saw how the RB5-B performed when It got to fast corners so If Buemi can get stuck In he could surprise many people he was impressive In Quali doing those fast times so this weekend I'm confident STR can achieve big things maybe Q3 and go aggressive but time will tell. As for the good ole' KERS It's not really a heavy braking circuit Spa Only 1 Real Heavy Braking area and thats the stop going into the Bus Stop chicane I was worried at first but now I've realised It wont really be that big a deal 6 Seconds on a lap thats 1.46 , 1.47 maybe thats why Christian Horner said RBR won't run It maybe he realised It's not worth taking the risk. What Do You Guys Think :?:

StrFerrari4Ever

Just on a sidenote I know Ferrari gave Badoer this chance as a thank you for the testing he put in over the years but why couldn't they give a guy Like Liuzzi a chance I mean the guy is genuinely fast got pole in his first A1GP event and I think that the Young , Fast , Italian driver could have been a better option for Spa or Monza since there's doubts as to whether Schmui will return this year.

I personally like him and since he can't do testing in F1 Ferrari could've given him this big break instead of handing it to a washed up old guy. He learns quickly and I'd say at Spa or even Monza would've got solidly in the top 10 again what do you guys think?