Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ernos5

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

ds.raikkonen wrote:
ringo wrote:..If Hamilton went to ferrari....
Are you nuts?
no way they would want him.

ringo

I don't like the idea but why wouldn't they? You say so scornfully so i had to ask.

There is no real problem with a hypothetical move,surely it's not because he is too slow :lol:

On the contrary, Hamilton on Ferrari would be ungodly, something so immensely unbeatable it's blasphemy to even think about it too long.

Ferrari want him secretly; it's just their pride. I kind of feel like photoshoping LH in a red Ferrari sweater and cap, just to see what it would look like :twisted:

Off topic but let's suppose he didn't have a secure drive next year, which teams do you suppose would want him?
For Sure!!

Roland Ehnström

modbaraban wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Kimi passed 2 cars while off track after La Source, Ferrari get away with cheating again.. what's new?
You seem to be pretty worried about Kimi running wide there. Is it ok for Button and Badoer? And last year it was half the field including Raikkonen, Massa and Hamilton IIRC. Nobody was penalized.

And for the record Kimi was 3rd before leaving the track so KERS usage is quite irrelevant here. It was just about avioding contact just like in every other situation except that the car is red.
Sorry, but Kimi was 4th when he left the track and rejoined 3rd. If he would have lifted to stay on the track he would have been 5th, but he rather chose to drive outside the track. To me this should not be legal, drivers should try to stay on the track if they can, and if they HAVE to go off the track (or do so by mistake) they should lift to make SURE they don't gain an advantage from it. Look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaU8aoHwk-g

timbo
timbo

Thing is the penalty is supposed to be handed for track cut. Cutting track automatically gains time for shorter path, but noone in their sane mind would live a track on the outside like that on their fast lap.

freedom_honda

Button and Groj. accident from Rubens' Onboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS2sdXx08-Y

looks like a racing accident to me.

De Jokke

Kimi steals first fi victory by cheating again!!!

last year he did also gain an advantage by leaving the circuit

F1 Stewards
Pete Gill has rightly pointed out the irony of Raikkonen's first lap, technically illegal, off-circuit overtaking move that gained him places in his 'Conclusions ' feature. If Button got sent down the order in Valencia for going off-track, why not Raikkonen at Spa? He was behind Trulli and Heidfeld when he took to the run-off.

The stewards also chose to ignore two slightly more blatant breaches of the rules. Rubens Barrichello was already heading down the escape road after outbraking himself up the hill when the Button/Grosjean incident happened and he overtook a stack of vehicles by skipping the Les Combes corner

Even more outrageous, though, was Adrian Sutil's move on Luca Badoer as he caught up with the Ferrari driver, after his first lap wing change. Sutil ran up to the back of Badoer on the exit of Pouhon, onto the run-off tarmac at the outside of the turn, then rejoined the track in front of Badoer. Do they know the rules about overtaking on the circuit...?
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

James
James

why's that ironic?

AAhotmail
AAhotmail

I believe that Kimi should have been penalised for missing the first corner: a barrier or road-hump needs to be added to that bend or the bend needs to be opened up for lap 1. The telemetry will tell if Kimi actually gained from leaving the track completely…

It is evident that the move by Kimi to give his car a straight line advantage from the first corner caused all of the issues of the 1st lap - too much speed carried into the chicane caused him to pull off and then on to the track in front of Kubica which knocked-on to cause the whole JB; LH + rookies issue. If penalised Kimi would not have been where he was to take advantage of the restart and …….

AA

ds.raikkonen

ringo wrote:..On the contrary, Hamilton on Ferrari would be ungodly, something so immensely unbeatable it's blasphemy to even think about it too long.

Ferrari want him secretly; it's just their pride. I kind of feel like photoshoping LH in a red Ferrari sweater and cap, just to see what it would look like :twisted:

Off topic but let's suppose he didn't have a secure drive next year, which teams do you suppose would want him?
First off, SF and Kimi are good enough, they wont find anyone better than him till he decides to quit the sport.
After all that has happened over the last 2 years, the rift between SF and McMerc has widened so much, that not even the almighty would be able to mend it. So, taking their driver is as possible as Badoer clinching the world title this year.
Oh and by the way, Ferrari DONT want him even near theit stable. Maybe Alonso might have a chance, but certainly not LH.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

King Six
King Six

Alot of talk about Kimi and his move on that first corner, didn't look like much to me. And I haven't heard any talk outside of this forum about it either. Probably won't amount to anything, although IMO it is without a fact that hadn't there been a safety car, or had Kimi not had KERS, Fisi would've probably won the race.

I reckon he could've also done more to prevent Kimi from overtaking him in the first place, but you have to realise that FI probably instructed him to not do anything stupid. Congrats to them though, this season has gone from a boring Brawn fest to something rather exciting.

I can't wait until next season though, I wanna see how the refuel ban works out. How big will they have to make those fuel tanks? The cars next season will look interesting. I feel sorry for those fuel rig guys, out of a job :(

The FOZ
The FOZ

King Six wrote:I feel sorry for those fuel rig guys, out of a job :(
Cars still need to be fueled...several times a weekend, no less. Multiple times during FP sessions, once for each Quali round, and then once before the race. They won't be out a job at all.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

x
Last edited by DaveKillens on 08 Sep 2009, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

pp5585
pp5585

freedom_honda wrote:Button and Groj. accident from Rubens' Onboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS2sdXx08-Y

looks like a racing accident to me.
Anyone was able to find Grosjean on board camera before accident? I was trying to find it in you tube but without any joy...
Would be grateful for link.

ISLAMATRON

DaveKillens wrote:Whatever Kimi did was within the rules... I just can't find any direct voilation of the regulations.
Since you cant see it, even though the precedent has been established several times, even just over the last couple seasons here is the exact rule...

c) The race track alone shall be used by the drivers during the
race. Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of
doubt:
- the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be
part of the track but the kerbs are not, and ;
- a driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car
remains in contact with the track.

Should a car leave the track for any reason, and without
prejudice to 2(d) below, the driver may rejoin. However, this may
only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any
advantage.

And can be found here...http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... .07.20.pdf

So first he gained position when he went off at La Source and then he reenterred the track dangerously, hitting Kubica, when he went off at Les Combes.

Is it that you didnt find a direct violation? or that you did not find a direct violation that applies to Ferrari?

vasia
vasia

Great race, Spa is always spectacular! Good job by Kimi, he showed once again why he is a Spa master. Badoer pathetic once again. Ferrari is really embarrassing themselves. Let's see if Ferrari smartens up for Monza or not, otherwise you may see Tifosi fans throwing tomatoes at Ferrari staff and drivers.

Amazing for FI and Fisi. Really strong pace, and it seems like their car does well in in low downforce circuits. Looks like a similar case as well for the BMW cars.

Good drive from Vettel, he could have possibly finished higher if qualifying had gone better. Webber also could have finished better were it not for poor team decisions and some bad luck for him. Red Bull must be thankful they had no reliability issues in the race.

Horrible race by Toyota, they could have had a strong result. Instead, bad decisions by the team and bad luck left them with no points. Bad choice of starting tires from the team, which resulted in a poor start for Trulli. Fuel rig problems cost Glock points, and car problems ended Trulli's race.

The horrible season for Renault continues. I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing a repeat of last year with Renault making a huge leap in the standings. Toro Rosso continues to flounder about in the midfield. What a useless team really. They will probably fall flat next year since they have to design their own car and no longer will have the luxury of being spoon-fed by Red Bull and Ferrari. They have a great car given to them by Red Bull, and a great Ferrari engine, yet they still can't achieve anything worthwhile.