Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Belgian GP 2009-SPA

ds.raikkonen wrote:
n smikle wrote:..Rain will be Great :mrgreen: Beating stick (kimi) can get pimp slapped up by the Hamster again.!
Yeah, he might, by cutting `n' number of chicanes no less....as usual. not new for the Hamster is nt it?
Nor is it new for Kimi hitting a wall... Australia Singapore, SPA, where next?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

One thins for shure if i were Rubens, i would NOT change my helmet, as this one is bringing arround some good luck for him. But i feel that Brawn have worked on the car and the way it now is suits Rubens more than Jenson.

My race sinopsis:

New Gearboxes: Luca Badoer, Timo Glock, Adrian Sutil, Rubens Barrichello
New Chassis: NONE, but McLaren will bring the 06 chassis for Hekki as it is the short wheelbased version, the 05 and 06 MP4/24 are short wheelbase, the 03 and 04 are the londer wheelbase.

adam2007
adam2007

ESPImperium wrote:One thins for shure if i were Rubens, i would NOT change my helmet, as this one is bringing arround some good luck for him. But i feel that Brawn have worked on the car and the way it now is suits Rubens more than Jenson.

My race sinopsis:

New Gearboxes: Luca Badoer, Timo Glock, Adrian Sutil, Rubens Barrichello
New Chassis: NONE, but McLaren will bring the 06 chassis for Hekki as it is the short wheelbased version, the 05 and 06 MP4/24 are short wheelbase, the 03 and 04 are the londer wheelbase.
when you say shorter wheelbase how much shorter than the long one? 1inch? 5 inch?

ISLAMATRON

I've read 7cm, but I dont know how accurate that is

chasefreak
chasefreak

for spa they will even have the new front wing

for sure hammi and kovi did nto use the new front wing

i want to see how much of a difference that wing will make

djos

Shaddock wrote: "Just put it down to me being an ignorant Aussie!"

Ok, will do.
Lol, that worked out nicely for you! :lol:
"In downforce we trust"

Roland Ehnström

ESPImperium wrote:McLaren will bring the 06 chassis for Hekki as it is the short wheelbased version, the 05 and 06 MP4/24 are short wheelbase, the 03 and 04 are the londer wheelbase.
Wouldn't longer wheelbase be a good thing at Spa?

djos

Roland Ehnström wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:McLaren will bring the 06 chassis for Hekki as it is the short wheelbased version, the 05 and 06 MP4/24 are short wheelbase, the 03 and 04 are the londer wheelbase.
Good point, IIRC longer wheelbase = better high speed stability?
"In downforce we trust"

ds.raikkonen

Re: Belgian GP 2009-SPA

ISLAMATRON wrote:Nor is it new for Kimi hitting a wall... Australia Singapore, SPA, where next?
the point i was stressing on was about breaking the rules...not about having accidents.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Fil

djos wrote:
Roland Ehnström wrote:
Good point, IIRC longer wheelbase = better high speed stability?
McLaren began the season with obvious rear downforce issues - we all saw their constant fluid flow analysis of the rear end.
On-track this would translate to a twitchy car. A longer wheelbase design would help negate this issue.

Now that they have their rear downforce under control (especially with the DDD implemented), it looks like they can afford to have a more nimble car (under change of direction) at the expense of excess stability.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Shaddock

djos wrote:

Ok, will do.
couldn't resist, sorry :^o

djos

Shaddock wrote:
djos wrote:

Ok, will do.
couldn't resist, sorry :^o
No need to apologise, I enjoyed the joke. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

True characteristics of the NEW Spa? Alot of high speed flat out running... It is flat out from La Source(1) all the way to Les Combes(5) fully 1/3rd of the lap, as well as from turn 14, thru 15, all the way to the "bus stop", with Blanchimont as no more than a high speed curve taken flat out even in the rain last year. And of course the short pit straight into La Source.

La Source, the Les Combes complex(5,6,7) and the "bus stop" complex(18 & 19) are all slow speed corners.

Looking at the Mclarens (being the fastest cars there last year in Q2) the long straights are where they put their focus... they were fastest in sectors 1 & 3 but behind the Ferraris in the 2nd sector.

The teams will be running less downforce here than anywhere else they have run thusfar this season, according to Willy Rampf(BMW... a german called Willy? interesting).http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/8/9802.html

What teams will this high power, medium Low downforce requirement track favor?

Scotracer
Scotracer

We haven't really had any low-downforce circuits so far this year so it's a lot of guess work. I'm interested to see what the wings look like - particularly at Monza.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

PNSD
PNSD

One good thing for the Brawns is that they have a good engine, and okay straight-line speed, Valencia they were top but at other tracks they've been down. Should be interesting! Im just glad its not a long wait.

Scot - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6281&start=645

Unfortunatly looks like the images are down.

Renault testing at Duxford with a low-downforce rear wing, and the diffuser introduced at Hungary (i think!

If I remember right it was the same as Mclarens rear wing from last year at Spa. Raised in the middle. Looked quite nice. With no Montreal this is the first time we will see all the cars in low downforce trim! Quite exciting!