Italian GP 2009 - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
alvinkhorfire

Italian GP 2009 - Monza

We sure cannot wait for this race. It will be a bit difficult for Red Bull to perform well, given the fact that their Renault engine is "weaker" than Mercedes engine on Brawn.

Man, we need to have more low-to-medium downforce tracks like Spa and Monza on the F1 Calendar. It really spices things up, giving other teams like Force India, BMW and Toyota to put up strong race performance.

PNSD

Re: Italian GP 2009 - Monza

Would be a brave man to predict a winner here.

Brawn on Friday looked very strong in the slow sectors 1 and 3 with the highest straight line speed. Sectors 1 and 3 simulating conditions to what will likley be encounted at Monza, so they are a strong bet.

RedBulls strength this race was the sector 2 where downforce is needed, and since downforce is really only a small factor at Monza, only fast parts being Ascari, and possibly Lesmo 1 and 2. The engine isnt bad, but just perhaps not as strong as the Mercedes.

I think Mclaren, in particular Lewis will be strong at Monza, after who knows? Force India like Brawn and Mclaren were strong through sectors 1 and 3 all weekend. Williams seemed to struggle with almost all the track this weekend but looked pretty week in sector 1. Its two weeks away though, looks like it will be a cracker regardless of who's quickest.

sunny1304

if everything remains normal, Lewis is favourote to win as Brawn thorwing their chances by themselves.

FI may strike again.....but i dont expect any more miracle from them.

I hope Ferrari will be strong here...but f60 most likely dont suit this track.

watch out for toyota...at least till the qualify...then in race they will go back to their normal performance.

ESPImperium

Circuit Length: 5.793 Kilometers
Race Distance: 306.720 Kilometers
Race Distance: 53 Laps
Tyres Compounds: Soft/Medium

Im not gonna make any sinopsis other than to say that Jenson will have a new chassis at this race. And FP1 & 2 will be really revealing.

Scotracer

I've been driven around Monza in a Golf GTI by Alessandro Balzan (ETCC/WTCC driver). Was fun 8) :D
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

axle

Monza favours FIF1 as they seem to have incredible straight line speed. I expect another truckload of points from them.

Williams need to have a word with themselves about their lack of straight line speed or they are in danger of being last.
- Axle

ringo

Hope Mclaren come with some updates for this track,even though heiki didn't do too badly at spa.
For Sure!!

ds.raikkonen

I think RBR are going to be in their element at Monza, Vettel especially. Not to mention, the Force India cars will also be the ones to watch out for, they might even secure pole again. Kimi will be business as usual, maximum attack! But who ll drive the #3 F60? Any guesses?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

siskue2005

the Kers cars are the cars to look out for
its going to be a massive advantage for the Kers cars
in quly they are going to press it after Parabolica (full 6 sec) and after the start finish again 6 sec....thats a total of 12 sec in one of the longest straights.
its either Ferrari or Mclaren .....but Mclaren are very good on curbs here always
so its going to be a tight fight

raceman

siskue2005 wrote:in quly they are going to press it after Parabolica (full 6 sec) and after the start finish again 6 sec....thats a total of 12 sec in one of the longest straights.
I did not quite get this!

As far as I know, KERS power is available only for 6.6 seconds per lap. If they 'press' the button after start/finish line for 6 seconds, they are left with only 0.6 seconds of KERS available for that particular lap. How can they again use it after Parabolica for full 6 seconds in the very same lap??

If I am wrong, pls correct me somebody..... :!:

chasefreak

raceman wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:in quly they are going to press it after Parabolica (full 6 sec) and after the start finish again 6 sec....thats a total of 12 sec in one of the longest straights.

As far as I know, KERS power is available only for 6.6 seconds per lap. If they 'press' the button after start/finish line for 6 seconds, they are left with only 0.6 seconds of KERS available for that particular lap. How can they again use it after Parabolica for full 6 seconds in the very same lap??

u r right

db__

chasefreak wrote:
raceman wrote:

u r right
The KERS allowance resets at the start/finish line so they can use the allowance at the end of the warm up lap coming out of parabolica and than have a whole 6.6 for the quali lap itself.

Vasco

Lookout for a Ferrari win here as well. Badoer was topping the speed traps in SPA, and it is their home race, so they might pull out something special for this race.

raceman

db__ wrote:The KERS allowance resets at the start/finish line so they can use the allowance at the end of the warm up lap coming out of parabolica and than have a whole 6.6 for the quali lap itself.
[-X

This too, bonkers for me!

Let me explain pls: They use KERS after Parabolica for 6 seconds - ok! KERS resets at start/finish line - ok! As per quotes, they use it again after start/finish line for 6 seconds - ok! Then how on Earth they can again use it after Parabolica (dude, it remains the VERY same lap here)???

I am outta explanations if this still is confusing #-o
:wtf:

db__

raceman wrote:
db__ wrote:The KERS allowance resets at the start/finish line so they can use the allowance at the end of the warm up lap coming out of parabolica and than have a whole 6.6 for the quali lap itself.
[-X

This too, bonkers for me!

Let me explain pls: They use KERS after Parabolica for 6 seconds - ok! KERS resets at start/finish line - ok! As per quotes, they use it again after start/finish line for 6 seconds - ok! Then how on Earth they can again use it after Parabolica (dude, it remains the VERY same lap here)???

I am outta explanations if this still is confusing #-o :wtf:
No - they can't use it 'again' after parabolica. The original point (I think) was that they use it coming out of parabolica coming into the quali lap so the additional speed gained over the start finish line is carried into the beginning of the lap from the end of the previous lap. There still only 6.6 seconds available during the quali lap itself.

Hope this makes sense now.