Italian GP 2009 - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Richard

Re: Italian GP 2009 - Monza

ESPImperium wrote:
A Rosberg suits that role perfectly, but i have a feeling that he is Brawn bound. Altho, if McLaren were to get a steady driver, one that can hold his pace, and give as good as he can get, whilst being consistant, Nick Heidfeld may be the answer, altho he is older, he fits that role perfectly. And he has been classified for arround 40+ races in a row now, a safe pair of hands he would be for the McLarens.
ringo wrote:Kubica would do well well in a Mclaren, but he is another Rambo driver. He can be more aggressive than webber and Hamilton when he is ready. We don't need 2 guys like that on a team, but Kubica and Hamilton sounds like a WDC waiting to happen.
The more I think about it, I realise that Sutl would be perfect. He stuck to the back of that KERS Ferrari all race. That requires huge concentration lap after lap. Also, the way he shadowed Ferrari's every move in the pits shows that he is in a team that knows how to get the points in the bag, that would temper Lewis's rambo tenadncey.

Now we're 24 hours after the event, for me, I'd say Sutl's calm emergence was the best thing of the weekend.

ESPImperium

richard_leeds wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:
A Rosberg suits that role perfectly, but i have a feeling that he is Brawn bound. Altho, if McLaren were to get a steady driver, one that can hold his pace, and give as good as he can get, whilst being consistant, Nick Heidfeld may be the answer, altho he is older, he fits that role perfectly. And he has been classified for arround 40+ races in a row now, a safe pair of hands he would be for the McLarens.
ringo wrote:Kubica would do well well in a Mclaren, but he is another Rambo driver. He can be more aggressive than webber and Hamilton when he is ready. We don't need 2 guys like that on a team, but Kubica and Hamilton sounds like a WDC waiting to happen.
The more I think about it, I realise that Sutl would be perfect. He stuck to the back of that KERS Ferrari all race. That requires huge concentration lap after lap. Also, the way he shadowed Ferrari's every move in the pits shows that he is in a team that knows how to get the points in the bag, that would temper Lewis's rambo tenadncey.

Now we're 24 hours after the event, for me, I'd say Sutl's calm emergence was the best thing of the weekend.
Who have i been saying should partner Hamilton for a while now??? Sutil. The guys raced as team-mates years ago in GP2, and are best friends. Id say that Sutil would be perfect for McLaren, altho maybes not next season, posibly one more season at Force India would be perfect, then move to McLaren. Altho, next season would be good as well, in a driver swap, Sutil for Kovalinen. Altho Helkki has shown me that he sould maybes go elsewhere now as he just hasnt progresses enough for my liking, almost another Trulli. Quick all weekend, but when racing time comes, then he looses that .5 a lap that make up a consistant and rounded driver.

PlatinumZealot

Sutil is good but Sutil needs his time to shine. Putting him with Hamilton would just make him a #2.. I think it's best he stays #1 where he is.

All the drivers who have not made their name yet should not pair with Hamilton.. No Kubica, No Rosberg.. They just won't get any spotlight, they will wither away behind Hamilton's shadow... I wouldn't want to devalue the careers of Kubica and Rosberg..those guys are best as leading drivers.

A fitting team mate for Hamilton is one that is already established... somebody like Kimi.. somebody who doesn't need to prove anything to anybody.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Moanlower

richard_leeds wrote:
He does have a fast and 'easy' car, just look at how Luizzi did compared to Fisi.

When it mattered, Sutil screwed up at Variante Ascari in Q3 and lost about the 2.5 tenths he needed to grab pole. He almost rolled out the red carpet for Kimi to let him by and was too much of a chicken at trying to overtake Kimi back when he had chances, not to mention screwing up his pistop.

What I'm trying to say is, they're all good drivers, but what matters is who is consistant and can produce under pressure when it matters. To me Sutil didn't cope very well with the pressure and didn't make the most of it. In my opninion definately not good enough for a Mclaren yet.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

ringo

How about Barichello to Mclaren? :P
For Sure!!

Moanlower

ringo wrote:How about Barichello to Mclaren? :P
Don't know if it's mentioned here already, but there are strong rumours that Rosberg will change places with Rubens next year. Still rumours though ..

raceman

:x

for us fans and followers, the guessing game continues..... worse every year than the previous

those who made the decisions must have been enjoying the "breaking news" :mrgreen:

ds.raikkonen

Rosberg thoroughly deserves a quick car beneath him next year.He has outperformed his car in almost every race this year, Im sure everyone will agree that he can wonders if he gets a good car. I think Kubica is also a deserving candidate for the Mclaren seat next year.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

raceman

ds.raikkonen wrote:Rosberg thoroughly deserves a quick car beneath him next year.He has outperformed his car in almost every race this year, Im sure everyone will agree that he can wonders if he gets a good car.

I totally agree with your viewpoint. Nico is indeed a very talented racer - just needs a "good" car to show his potential. let's hope he gets it come 2010..... and onwards

Pedro

Re: Aero Changes at Monza

Front wings' changes at Monza:

Toyota

BMW Sauber

BrawnGP

Ferrari

Red Bull

Renault

My whole article (in Czech) is available here: http://www1.f1news.cz/technika/33138-pr ... -na-monze/
Source: F1news.cz
http://www.f1news.cz

Moanlower

raceman wrote::x

for us fans and followers, the guessing game continues..... worse every year than the previous

those who made the decisions must have been enjoying the "breaking news" :mrgreen:
Right, you don't have to believe everything that's been said, like brawn having a 4WD car. =D> :lol:

here's a quote from Eddie Jordan;

"It's fresh and hot news, but i'm certain that it's correct. Nico Rosberg has signed with Brawn Gp for 2010, and the reason is simple. Williams can't offer him what he wants, and Nico is ready to climb a step higher. He also doesn't want to take on the battle with Lewis at Mclaren, while Mercedes do want a German to race for them. Having Rosberg at Brawn GP, Mercedes did reach their goal by having a German driver, knowing they will have a much bigger share at Brawn GP next year. Rosberg's place at Williams probably will be taken over by Barichello, I've been told."

raceman

Moanlower wrote:brawn having a 4WD car. =D> :lol:
:oops:

man, you caught me there

:roll:

Richard

Moanlower wrote: here's a quote from Eddie Jordan;
I'm sure Eddie is great fun, and a successful wheeler dealer. However, he's the embodiment of hyperbole when it comes to insight as a commentator.

He gushes with earth shattering predictions that fall flat on their face almost as soon as they come out of his mouth.

So if Eddie says something, you know reality it is bound to be the opposite. Remember his pronouncements about KERS? or his thoughts on Mass/Schumacher?

vasia

So it seems very obvious in the paddock now that the Mercedes engine is clearly dominant over other engines. FOTA it seems will be discussing this issue. Will the FIA actually notice and allow a "de-freeze" for teams like Toyota to catch up?

This whole "engine freeze" debacle though has been a huge mess. Even with the "freeze" in place engine inequality on the grid has continued to exist. The FIA should just get rid of this silly engine freeze, or make the move to a new lower-cost engine design sooner.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3003.shtml

axle

The freeze should be dropped and instead the budgets for the engines should be heavily vetted.

When you've got the same engines blowing up and the same ones powering away there is clearly something wrong with the system...
- Axle