Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
King Six
King Six

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

Button knows theres still pressure on him to produce that truly winning Champions drive. Yes he did have a good Brazil GP but he also was very lucky, he made good passes but they were against amateurs for the most part and he's in an awesome car so that always helps.

He still hasn't won since June and ge needs to win this GP to show he's no joke, everyone who is a champion always deserves it, but he's certainly not one of the great champions. I'd go as far as saying he's a champion based on circumstances rather than driving talent..

ISLAMATRON

At least Vettel realizes that all this points for 2nd place is BS...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79616

Hopefully we can see him up front battling for the win next race, along with Kimi, Lewis Webber & the Brawns
richard_leeds wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote: What do you want deciding the championships? Wins or 5th place finishes, or even reliability.

The WDC was over several races ago, only some obscure points permutations is what has allowed it to continue this far.
The tactical strategic stuff is what I like about this sport. So yes, the points system works for me. And yes reliability should be a big part of the game as well, shame it has become less of an issue in recent years.
So you would have been ok with RB wining the WDC with only 2 wins to JB's 6 just because Kobay, Grosjean or a flat tire could have taken out JB in Brazil? What is tactical or strategic about a flat tire from all the debris from Truilli's stupidity or getting hit by a rookie?

firefly
firefly

ISLAMATRON wrote: So you would have been ok with RB wining the WDC with only 2 wins to JB's 6 just because Kobay, Grosjean or a flat tire could have taken out JB in Brazil?

IMO i would be congratulating Barrichello if he won the WDC, as he was the best driver overall in those 17 races. It is Jenson Button's job as a racing driver to assess his opponents and take risks to overtake them as safely as possible without making contact. All this and his WDC title on the line. and he did that very well.
ISLAMATRON wrote:What is tactical or strategic about a flat tire from all the debris from Truilli's stupidity or getting hit by a rookie?
Thats the beauty of F1, Top drivers have to face various adversities and if you have a puncture, bad luck, thats racing for you. The variables(tactical/strategic) of "things that could happen" is what makes it exciting I thought drivers have said "that's racing" enough times in debriefs whenever they had a collision or something like that in the race.

Richard
Richard

firefly wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote: So you would have been ok with RB wining the WDC with only 2 wins to JB's 6 just because Kobay, Grosjean or a flat tire could have taken out JB in Brazil?

IMO i would be congratulating Barrichello if he won the WDC, as he was the best driver overall in those 17 races. It is Jenson Button's job as a racing driver to assess his opponents and take risks to overtake them as safely as possible without making contact. All this and his WDC title on the line. and he did that very well.
ISLAMATRON wrote:What is tactical or strategic about a flat tire from all the debris from Truilli's stupidity or getting hit by a rookie?
Thats the beauty of F1, Top drivers have to face various adversities and if you have a puncture, bad luck, thats racing for you. The variables(tactical/strategic) of "things that could happen" is what makes it exciting I thought drivers have said "that's racing" enough times in debriefs whenever they had a collision or something like that in the race.
Well put.

One driver/car combination did better than any other and is the deserved winner. Congratulations to him.

Belatti
Belatti

soooo....

whats with Loeb and STR????
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

raceman

sorry to interfere your discussion, but ppl, this thread is for Abu Dhabi GP. let's talk about it in this thread; there are other appropriate threads for 'appropriate-topic discussions' :roll:

firefly
firefly

I saw the onboard with Bruno. I gotta say, beautiful facilites, ok track, decent overtaking opportunities on the 2 main straights on the back. IMO The track is far too wide in most areas.

Compared to Valencia, its much better. Would not be surprised if someone drops in the pitlane with that underground tunnel. Red flag in waiting. :)

mstar
mstar

seems to have enough braking areas and a decent straight so could be mclarens race!
what does others think?

ISLAMATRON

firefly wrote:

Did you see how Sutil's car took out Alonso??? ... so by your account Buemi is a better driver than Alonso because he scored points and Alonso didnt "assess his opponents and take risks to overtake them as safely as possible" as you put it... that could have just as easily been Button getting taken out, is that how the world championship drivers title should be decided? by a bonehead move from 2 drivers not even in remotely close to the WDC?(Sutil & Truilli I mean)

6 wins versus 3 or 2 is clear enough for me to judge without having to consider who had good or bad luck.

Please again, tell me what is so tactical or strategic about luck?

Belatti
Belatti

raceman wrote:sorry to interfere your discussion, but ppl, this thread is for Abu Dhabi GP. let's talk about it in this thread; there are other appropriate threads for 'appropriate-topic discussions' :roll:
OK, sorry...

so... do you think Loeb will race in the Abu Dhabi GP ?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Mr Alcatraz

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... -5m-prize/
So it comes down to the last race with $5,ooo,ooo on the line between McLaren, and The Scuds'
That's like 2 against one for Kimi, and the rest of us Tifosi! :oops:

If Fiszizle scores one point at Yazizle

I will flip him one of my A list B'ach-izles

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjlE08MqeqE[/youtube]
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

James
James

Tazio wrote:http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... -5m-prize/
So it comes down to the last race with $5,ooo,ooo on the line between McLaren, and The Scuds'

:D :D :D LOL

now would certainly be the time for him to do it. But I think kovi is worth like half a lewis, this season, so maybe it isn't so bad!

To put it into some context id expect $5,ooo,ooo to get you less than 3 months of kimi's services I think it's more pride than money

Mr Alcatraz

James wrote:
Tazio wrote:http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... -5m-prize/

:D :D :D LOL

now would certainly be the time for him to do it. But I think kovi is worth like half a lewis, this season, so maybe it isn't so bad!

To put it into some context id expect $5,ooo,ooo to get you less than 3 months of kimi's services I think it's more pride than money
Your Right,
It adds something for this tifosi to root for between a couple of traditional heavy hitters in the last race!!!! :mrgreen:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ds.raikkonen

THe pit-exit beneath the grand stands is scary...try to think of a pile up there and all the smoke created due to an engine failure...how the hell will they manage that?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

raceman

Belatti wrote:
raceman wrote:sorry to interfere your discussion, but ppl, this thread is for Abu Dhabi GP. let's talk about it in this thread; there are other appropriate threads for 'appropriate-topic discussions' :roll:
OK, sorry...

so... do you think Loeb will race in the Abu Dhabi GP ?
hi Belatti

I wasn't personally pointing towards you, but my point was for in general; pls don't misunderstand.

Anyway, your question's answer is http://www.f1technical.net/news/13633