Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
firefly

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2009 - Yas Marina

ISLAMATRON wrote: Did you see how Sutil's car took out Alonso??? ... so by your account Buemi is a better driver than Alonso because he scored points and Alonso didnt "assess his opponents and take risks to overtake them as safely as possible" as you put it...
I'll repeat what i've said earlier..
firefly wrote: Top drivers have to face various adversities and if you have a puncture, bad luck, thats racing for you, MOVE ON TO THE NEXT RACE. The variables(tactical/strategic) of "things that could happen" is what makes it exciting I thought drivers have said "that's racing" enough times in debriefs whenever they had a collision or something like that in the race.

ISLAMATRON wrote: that could have just as easily been Button getting taken out, is that how the world championship drivers title should be decided? by a bonehead move from 2 drivers not even in remotely close to the WDC?(Sutil & Truilli I mean)

Could've, would've, didn't. Could've been other drivers aswell. If you target Button just because he's world champ, i could have said the same thing in 07', 08'. So i'll re-repeat what i've said earlier..
firefly wrote: Top drivers have to face various adversities and if you have a puncture, bad luck, thats racing for you MOVE ON TO THE NEXT RACE. The variables(tactical/strategic) of "things that could happen" is what makes it exciting I thought drivers have said "that's racing" enough times in debriefs whenever they had a collision or something like that in the race.

Honestly, I don't want to waste my time with you as i've proved that your missing the point. So please get back on the topic for the sake of the community.
raceman wrote: sorry to interfere your discussion, but ppl, this thread is for Abu Dhabi GP. let's talk about it in this thread; there are other appropriate threads for 'appropriate-topic discussions'
Just incase you didn't read it Islamatron :lol:

Roland Ehnström

What I DON'T like is that this circuit, like all of the "new generation" F1 tracks feels very artificial and looks utterly boring.

What I LIKE is the turns 15-19 section, which looks pretty demanding.

What I HOPE is that we will see a lot of passing and re-passing in turns 8-9 and 11.

What I FEAR is for a big crash into the unprotected armco-barrier at the exit of turn 21 (see the video clip).

mstar

track seems very twisty i think as redbull have sorted out their slow speed disadvantage they will be fav with mclarens

ringo

firefly wrote:I saw the onboard with Bruno. I gotta say, beautiful facilites, ok track, decent overtaking opportunities on the 2 main straights on the back. IMO The track is far too wide in most areas.
Wider is better :wink:
Image 4 cars wide into turn 1:lol:
For Sure!!

firefly

:shock: My eyes! :cry:

We'll see, i was too early to say anything. Heck the race is next week, not even this week.

Belatti

raceman wrote:
Belatti wrote:
raceman wrote:sorry to interfere your discussion, but ppl, this thread is for Abu Dhabi GP. let's talk about it in this thread; there are other appropriate threads for 'appropriate-topic discussions' :roll:
OK, sorry...

so... do you think Loeb will race in the Abu Dhabi GP ?
hi Belatti

I wasn't personally pointing towards you, but my point was for in general; pls don't misunderstand.

Anyway, your question's answer is http://www.f1technical.net/news/13633
Thanks.

What a shame, I would like to see how he performs :|
Lets hope for the next year.

BTW, anyone can say anything about the track, but still is an artificial crap, not a racing circuit. The best example was last weeks GP at Interlagos, wich gave us a nice GP rather than a procession.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

ISLAMATRON

What can be done about all the off line sand?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79773

street sweepers?

Scotracer

They tried street-sweepers in Singapore and you all saw how dusty that was on Friday.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

djos

Scotracer wrote:They tried street-sweepers in Singapore and you all saw how dusty that was on Friday.
Buy some Pickup Truck mounted Jet-Blowers from the Yanks! :lol:
"In downforce we trust"

Giblet

They dealt with it in Bahrain by using some kind of water based gel to keep the sand form blowing on track, and it seems to work well. Drivers don't complain about the track being sandy.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ray

Am I the only one genuinely sad that this may be Kimi's final Formula 1 race?

Giblet

Me to. He is like a human F1 car. Just business, fun, and very very fast.

I still miss JPM the most.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ray

JPM is still my favorite and the only reason I even pay attention to NASCAR. I don't watch the races, but I always find out where he finishes.

Back on topic, maybe I'm blind but I've missed the pit out that everyone says goes under the track. I can't find a picture of it.

ringo

Not a picture but in the video you can see Bruno exiting in the 2 seater.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikvjwBEY ... r_embedded[/youtube]
The exit doesn't look so hairy at the speed he is going.

Maybe barichello could use his private jet and blow the sand off the track.

About Kimi; something tells me he may not race again, or if he does it's his final year. The amount of money the manager is asking for is like his pension plan after kimi is done racing for good.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

I think he will satisfy with the money that Toyota can give him. Toyota is among the richest of teams.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏