Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

King Six wrote:F-duck will probably be even more noticeable on this track. They said that Mac were running a wetter setup in anticipation for rain in Malaysia so the duck wasn't as useful as it could have been. Red Bull probably will dominate still, nobody can catch them right now.

It says China has the longest straight but I thought Abu Dhabi had taken that record?
Unless there is a chance of rain in China. Then McL' will have to use the higher downforce level again!

The RB's are not untouchable If The Boss and Fred start in their usual grid spots They can race with the RB's!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Pandamasque

King Six wrote:F-duck will probably be even more noticeable on this track.
http://www.hows.org.uk/inter/birds/exotics/fduck1.jpg

Sean H
Sean H

it will be nice to see after 3 races what happens as long as the weather doesn't play a role... they all now have gathered race data on fuel, tires, speeds. We should really finally see who has what, hopefully.

that being said, go Ferrari!
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

raceman

Shanghai - a very nice circuit to race on! can't wait for the raceday :P

Pit
Pit

Pandamasque wrote:
Giblet wrote:What if there is a small unicorn in the airbox, who is fed beans and expels high pressure air at the blown wing.

Theres nothing in the rules about an active unicorn.
Oh, I see. The modern F1 is getting eco-friendly!

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Pit wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:
Giblet wrote:What if there is a small unicorn in the airbox, who is fed beans and expels high pressure air at the blown wing.

Theres nothing in the rules about an active unicorn.
Oh, I see. The modern F1 is getting eco-friendly!
Unicorns?! I've read it all now(!) :lol:

Anyhoo, back to the topic...

McLarens F-duct will be an advantage on the 2 long straights but it could still be close if Ferrari get it right in qualy. The weather could well come into play again but it is obviously too early to get a weather forecast.

Don't yet know who the race steward will be but on a side note Damon Hill is confirmed for Monace and HH Frentzen and Alex Wurz have taken for role for future GPs.

godlameroso

It will be interesting to see how the race unfolds this time. Tire strategy might actually play a role in this race seeing as how turns 1,2,6,7, and 10 will put strain on the tires. Perhaps the prime tires will actually work well, what I imagine is that the q3 teams will qualify on options, but whoever qualifies on primes might be able to push hard with the heavy tanks and then switch to options slightly past the half way mark of the race. FI was the only team that took such a gamble in Bahrain, but that circuit isn't especially hard on tires, this one is.
Saishū kōnā

volarchico
volarchico

Scarbs blog says that any ride-height adjustments after qualification are now going to be banned, so this might be the first race we get to see everyone qualify without these adjustments. Should be interesting to see how the RB's fair.

manchild
manchild

forty-two

volarchico wrote:Scarbs blog says that any ride-height adjustments after qualification are now going to be banned, so this might be the first race we get to see everyone qualify without these adjustments. Should be interesting to see how the RB's fair.
I still reckon that the RBs will be nice and low during quali and similarly low throughout the race. It's my belief that however they're doing.... whatever it is they're doing, they have a sneaky way of doing it without having to "ADJUST" anything.

We'll see....
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

vall
vall

forty-two wrote:
volarchico wrote:Scarbs blog says that any ride-height adjustments after qualification are now going to be banned, so this might be the first race we get to see everyone qualify without these adjustments. Should be interesting to see how the RB's fair.
I still reckon that the RBs will be nice and low during quali and similarly low throughout the race. It's my belief that however they're doing.... whatever it is they're doing, they have a sneaky way of doing it without having to "ADJUST" anything.

We'll see....
It seems that people have hard time to accept that RB6 is just faster than the rest and start to invent this height-adjustment thing. What about if they do not do anything like that but just the car is very good and fast?

Mr Alcatraz

It seems that people have hard time to accept that RB6 is just faster than the rest and start to invent this height-adjustment thing. What about if they do not do anything like that but just the car is very good and fast?
That would elevate your status from profit to god! :lol:
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 09 Apr 2010, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

forty-two

vall wrote:It seems that people have hard time to accept that RB6 is just faster than the rest and start to invent this height-adjustment thing. What about if they do not do anything like that but just the car is very good and fast?
No, I would be the first to admire them if that were the case. Trouble is, you can hear the car's bottoming out during Q3, especially when they're on a flat bit of track. This COULD be that what I'm hearing is something completely different, perhaps as a function of the funky exhaust outlet on the RB6, but I don't think so.

Can you explain why else a car which is very light on fuel would be bottoming out on flat straights? If so, it might put this matter to bed once and for all!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I have one word to describe that song posted by Manchild but I consider myself too polite to post it.

Also, is this a music forum? 'Cos I can think of a feew tunes that are mile better to post videos of? 8)

But seriously, lets stick to the topic please.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

forty-two wrote:
vall wrote:It seems that people have hard time to accept that RB6 is just faster than the rest and start to invent this height-adjustment thing. What about if they do not do anything like that but just the car is very good and fast?
No, I would be the first to admire them if that were the case. Trouble is, you can hear the car's bottoming out during Q3, especially when they're on a flat bit of track. This COULD be that what I'm hearing is something completely different, perhaps as a function of the funky exhaust outlet on the RB6, but I don't think so.

Can you explain why else a car which is very light on fuel would be bottoming out on flat straights? If so, it might put this matter to bed once and for all!
You're basing your prediction off the fact that they bottom out? :wtf:

You can hear other cars bottoming out as well, and there are night images from the previous season where most cars bottom out regularly, even on what seems to be a flat surface.

Will RBR have any updates for this race? Because it seems that most other top teams do and will be working extremely hard to get closer and closer.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.