Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Giblet

Re: Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

vall wrote: It seems that people have hard time to accept that RB6 is just faster than the rest and start to invent this height-adjustment thing. What about if they do not do anything like that but just the car is very good and fast?
I think it's easy to accept Red Bull's speed, but it's also hard to disregard Whitmarsh's public comments about something going on, especially considering that planned to implement something themselves. He's not likely just spouting nonsense.

It's easy for people to forget it seems how inbred F1 is, and anyone who has worked with anyone who has worked on/talked about a system like this, will know how it works.

Oh, and the cheapest grand stand has been sold out, and both general admission blocks. There should be hundreds of spectators there this year.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

donskar

Giblet wrote:
vall wrote: It seems that people have hard time to accept that RB6 is just faster than the rest and start to invent this height-adjustment thing. What about if they do not do anything like that but just the car is very good and fast?
I think it's easy to accept Red Bull's speed, but it's also hard to disregard Whitmarsh's public comments about something going on, especially considering that planned to implement something themselves. He's not likely just spouting nonsense.

It's easy for people to forget it seems how inbred F1 is, and anyone who has worked with anyone who has worked on/talked about a system like this, will know how it works.

Oh, and the cheapest grand stand has been sold out, and both general admission blocks. There should be hundreds of spectators there this year.
Giblet, are you suggesting that McL WILL have something in place re: ride height adjustment?

"hundreds of spectators this year"??? Lovely! I love it. =D>

On the RedBull: is there another designer in F1 who could justifiably be termed a genius -- in addition to Newey, that is? Where have all the giants gone? (Rory B, John Barnard, etc)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ringo

bridgestone say china is hard on tyres. =D>
Finaly some real pitstop action. Can't wait to see drivers who take a 1 stop gamble limping to the finish in the last 5 laps with other cars on fresher rubber hunting them down.
A little rain in the middle will help as well. 8)
For Sure!!

marcush.

well ..I have difficulty to name them all but have found the following names:
Mclaren :Paddy lowe(TD)/Neil Oatley(CD)/John Iley(HA)
Ferrari :Aldo Costa(TD)/Nicolas Tombazis(CD)/Marco de Luca(HA)
Mercedes: Loic Bigois(TD) /John Owen(HA)
Red bull:Adrian Newey(TD)/Rob marshall(CD)/Peter Prodromou(HA)
Williams.Sam Michael(TD)/Rod Nelson/Ed wood/Jon Tomlinson(HA)
Renault:James Allison(TD)/Tim Densham/Alan Permane/Dirk de Baer(HA)
TR.Giorgio Ascanelli(TD),Ben Butler(CD),Laurent mekies(CE),nicolo petrucci(HA)
Lotus:Mike Gascoyne(TD),,Dieter Gass(CE)
sauber:JamesKey(TD),Gianpaulo dallara(CE),ChristophZimmermann(CD),Seamus Mullarky(HA)
Force India:Mark Smith(TD)/Akio Haga,Ian Hall(CD)/DominicHarlow(HE)/SimonPhillips(HA)
HRT:Geoff Willis (TD?Consultant),Jacky Eeckelaert
Virgin .Nick Wirth(TD)

From all those I remember quite a few for a long time but hardly anyone seems to be as outstanding as Newey or Byrne
with the possible exception of Nick Wirth

Giblet

donskar wrote:
Giblet wrote:

Giblet, are you suggesting that McL WILL have something in place re: ride height adjustment?

"hundreds of spectators this year"??? Lovely! I love it. =D>

On the RedBull: is there another designer in F1 who could justifiably be termed a genius -- in addition to Newey, that is? Where have all the giants gone? (Rory B, John Barnard, etc)

Nah, Whitmarsh was suggesting that. He said they will have something in place probably by China, if it's legal.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

volarchico

donskar wrote: Giblet, are you suggesting that McL WILL have something in place re: ride height adjustment?
I'm not giblet, but to quote scarbs:
scarbs wrote: After two races of inter team accusations, the FIA have moved to outlaw any suspension system that aims to adjust ride height in between qualifying and the race.
So I don't think McLaren will be trying anything, even though they threatened to before.

ringo

They can still try, the FIA mandated adjustments in parc ferm correct?
What if the car adjust itself?
I could be way off, but i think a self adjusting car that doesn't need to be touched by mechanics could pass through the loop hole.
For Sure!!

autogyro

ringo wrote:They can still try, the FIA mandated adjustments in parc ferm correct?
What if the car adjust itself?
I could be way off, but i think a self adjusting car that doesn't need to be touched by mechanics could pass through the loop hole.
This is about adjustable suspension right?
It still does not clarify what 'ride height adjustment' is.
We all know active is against regulations but every car out there has
'ride height adjustment' of one sort or another, they would all drag on the ground otherwise.

GreeTz

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Long range weather forcast for Shanghai:

Friday:

Night 23:00 – 05:00 7°
Fair. Light breeze, 2 m/s from east-northeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Morning 08:00 – 14:00 10°
Fair. Light breeze, 3 m/s from east-northeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Midday 14:00 – 20:00 15°
Fair. Light breeze, 3 m/s from east. 0 mm precipitation.

Night 20:00 – 02:00 8°
Fair. Light breeze, 3 m/s from east-southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Saturday:

Night 02:00 – 08:00 7°
Fair. Light breeze, 3 m/s from southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Morning 08:00 – 14:00 13°
Fair. Moderate breeze, 6 m/s from southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Midday 14:00 – 20:00 18°
Fair. Fresh breeze, 8 m/s from southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Night 20:00 – 02:00 12°
Fair. Moderate breeze, 7 m/s from southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Sunday:

Night 02:00 – 08:00 12°
Fair. Moderate breeze, 7 m/s from south-southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Morning 08:00 – 14:00 17°
Fair. Fresh breeze, 8 m/s from south-southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Midday 14:00 – 20:00 25°
Partly cloudy. Fresh breeze, 8 m/s from south-southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

Night 20:00 – 02:00 18°
Cloudy. Moderate breeze, 7 m/s from south-southeast. 0 mm precipitation.

WhiteBlue

Dry weekend with fresh wind and relatively cool temps for the race.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote:Dry weekend with fresh wind and relatively cool temps for the race.
Perfect for shredding tires @ this track :twisted:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

donskar

marcush. wrote:well ..I have difficulty to name them all but have found the following names:
Mclaren :Paddy lowe(TD)/Neil Oatley(CD)/John Iley(HA)
Ferrari :Aldo Costa(TD)/Nicolas Tombazis(CD)/Marco de Luca(HA)
Mercedes: Loic Bigois(TD) /John Owen(HA)
Red bull:Adrian Newey(TD)/Rob marshall(CD)/Peter Prodromou(HA)
Williams.Sam Michael(TD)/Rod Nelson/Ed wood/Jon Tomlinson(HA)
Renault:James Allison(TD)/Tim Densham/Alan Permane/Dirk de Baer(HA)
TR.Giorgio Ascanelli(TD),Ben Butler(CD),Laurent mekies(CE),nicolo petrucci(HA)
Lotus:Mike Gascoyne(TD),,Dieter Gass(CE)
sauber:JamesKey(TD),Gianpaulo dallara(CE),ChristophZimmermann(CD),Seamus Mullarky(HA)
Force India:Mark Smith(TD)/Akio Haga,Ian Hall(CD)/DominicHarlow(HE)/SimonPhillips(HA)
HRT:Geoff Willis (TD?Consultant),Jacky Eeckelaert
Virgin .Nick Wirth(TD)

From all those I remember quite a few for a long time but hardly anyone seems to be as outstanding as Newey or Byrne
with the possible exception of Nick Wirth
I'd have to add John Barnard (for sure, IMHO) and Harvey Postlethwaite (maybe) and Mauro Forgheiri (if you give him credit for designing an entire car. Of course, the era of one giant and a few helpers is gone.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

WhiteBlue

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... event.aspx

F1 Media center for China is up. Wurz will be driver steward. Another good choice!
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raceman

WhiteBlue wrote:http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... event.aspx

F1 Media center for China is up. Wurz will be driver steward. Another good choice!
yes, a really good choice.