Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

I guess things go from bad to Wurz! :mrgreen:

After the decidedly dodgy Malaysian antics of the race steward, I have no faith in this system of getting it right.

Former drivers as race stewards has ruined any chance of impartiality due to former team aliances.

autogyro

andrew wrote:I guess things go from bad to Wurz! :mrgreen:

After the decidedly dodgy Malaysian antics of the race steward, I have no faith in this system of getting it right.

Former drivers as race stewards has ruined any chance of impartiality due to former team aliances.
That is a very unfair comment.
If they make a decision and it appears biased then by all means comment but at least give the guy a break for the moment.

Just_a_fan

I agree with you there autogyro.

And that's not something I thought I'd be saying very often :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

donskar

"If The Boss and Fred start in their usual grid spots They can race with the RB's!"

"The Boss"? Bruce Springsteen has moved into F1?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

WhiteBlue

andrew wrote:After the decidedly dodgy Malaysian antics of the race steward, I have no faith in this system of getting it right.

Herbert has never driven for McLaren but plenty for Benetton(Renault). If he was impartial due to former team alliances as you accuse him he would have issued a penalty for Hamilton.

Herbert did drive for Stewart(Red Bull) but the ruling for Vettel is completely uncontroversial. Vettel slowed down more than 100 km/h and never took an unfair advantage against Webber.

So this remark is difficult to justify. Herbert did a great job, Wurz will probably do equally well.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

donskar

This weekend, I'm looking forward to:
Ferrari's F-Duct.
McLaren's "answer" to the questionable RBR mysterious suspension system. (I know, Paddy Lowe SAID they dropped it.)
Revised RBR aero (or an F-Duct) to reduce McL's top end advantage.
ANYone else joining the big three.

andrew

WhiteBlue wrote:
andrew wrote:After the decidedly dodgy Malaysian antics of the race steward, I have no faith in this system of getting it right.

Herbert has never driven for McLaren but plenty for Benetton(Renault). If he was impartial due to former team alliances as you accuse him he would have issued a penalty for Hamilton.

Herbert did drive for Stewart(Red Bull) but the ruling for Vettel is completely uncontroversial. Vettel slowed down more than 100 km/h and never took an unfair advantage against Webber.

So this remark is difficult to justify. Herbert did a great job, Wurz will probably do equally well.
Nothing diffcult to justify at all. Race stewards should be impartial but you cannot gaurantee the impartiality of a former F1 driver who often champions their compatriots. Herbet did a good job until he let Hamilton off with driving like a drunk vicar, then he got it completely wrong.

Surely the race stewards should be from a country that does not have any drivers, of which there should be pleanty options. It works in football and rugby so there is no reason why it shouldn't work in F1.

The ruling for Vettel was correct. The Lotus was touring and Vettel slowing down to the Lotus's speed would have been dangerous. The yellow falg was for something minor but Hamilton swaying from one side of the track to another is extremely dangerous.

This is yet another FIA mind-fart and it seems too idiotic to have come from Jean Todt, as I feel that he is an honest, intelligent guy who has FIA endorsed motorsports best interests at heart. However, I am sure that someone who has ruined F1 is still pulling the strings and spreading their unique brand of mischief from the FIA senate.

andrew

donskar wrote:"If The Boss and Fred start in their usual grid spots They can race with the RB's!"

"The Boss" appears to be Lewis Hamilton. Why? I have no idea. But I think you're onto something. Look at his song titles:

Lost In The Flood - Obviously about last years Chinese GP
Thunder Road & Born To Run - definately motorsport themed
Something In The Night - a song about night races

I'm sure there are few more clues but I think you've found him out! =D>

ringo

Charlie whiting was the one who ruled on the weaving matter. Herbert had nothing to with it, he said so himself.

THE BOSS was not wrong, that is well accepted and documented. :wink: You should drop the issue and move on; sit back watch the BOSS make Bernie some money in this race.
Spices up the highlight reel as well.
He is doing what no other driver has displayed in many years and you know you like it, but it's not coming from your choice driver. :lol:

Hopefully this time all the top cars qualify well and they don't have to bore through the field. THE BOSS has a hit list he is checking off on, Vettel and Alonso on the back straight this weekend, and if he has room on his schedule Shumacher can sign up and line up for his whoopings. :mrgreen: That showdown would make my weekend!
For Sure!!

ringo

donskar wrote:"If The Boss and Fred start in their usual grid spots They can race with the RB's!"

check the name tag:
:mrgreen:
For Sure!!

donskar

re: "BOSS" -- my "boss" interrupted me before I could add this: :lol: .

I post from work, thus the sometimes abrupt entries: when the boss :twisted: shows up I :o have to move fast.

SoliRossi

why not 'aigo'

donskar

SoliRossi wrote:why not 'aigo'
Or -- better yet -- Johnny Walker! :roll:

SoliRossi

yeah lets go with Johnny.