Spanish GP 2010 - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Spanish GP 2010 - Barcelona

vall wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Yes, BS dictates racing strategy to McLaren... They will tell McLaren to have a 12 stopper at Monaco next week... and McLaren and their multi million dollar simulators will agree to do so because that is the best strategy to win.
according to LH, it was BS (stands for BridgeStone) to forced them to do 3 stops. It was not my words but LH's on the post race press-conf..... So, despite their multi million dollar simulators Macca obviously agreed.
BS cannot "force" McLaren to run any strategy, they can make suggestions such as tire pressures, and even a strategy but McLaren will do what is best for their team.

They actually ran the tires harder(but for a shorter period of time) in Turkey 2008

vall

ISLAMATRON wrote:BS cannot "force" McLaren to run any strategy, they can make suggestions such as tire pressures, and even a strategy but McLaren will do what is best for their team.

They actually ran the tires harder(but for a shorter period of time) in Turkey 2008
not according to LH :D in LH's own words, BS forced them. Read what he said! Or you do not trusts your idol? :shock:

PlatinumZealot

andrew wrote:
ringo wrote:Problem with the car not the driver overusing the tyres.
The driver controls the car so they have to manage their tyres.
So why don't everybody's super softs explode when they do burn outs at the start of the race? This is F1-technical so stop taking us users for Jackasses. You are insulting the intelligence of the users by even suggesting that driving style cause tyres to explode. Tyres don't fail suddenly because of driving style. That's just ridiculous. A proper tyre would be way down to the wires before it should "explode". It's obviously a bad tyre or rim.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

n smikle wrote:
andrew wrote:
ringo wrote:Problem with the car not the driver overusing the tyres.
The driver controls the car so they have to manage their tyres.
So why don't everybody's super softs explode when they do burn outs at the start of the race? This is F1-technical so stop taking us users for Jackasses. You are insulting the intelligence of the users by even suggesting that driving style cause tyres to explode. Tyres don't fail suddenly because of driving style. That's just ridiculous. A proper tyre would be way down to the wires before it should "explode". It's obviously a bad tyre or rim.
You are clearly a Hamilton fanboy so you take unreasonable offence at the slightest hint of someone critisizing him but we'll take a step back from that and you can reel your horns in.

Where in my post did I say that Hamilton caused his tyre to explode? Nowhere.

Tyres are affected by tyre wear and I will not change my opinion by accepting the word of some overly aggressive fanboy, so perhaps you can point to the source of some FACTS. As you point out, this is a F1 Technical so I take it you have this to hand. As for super softs, do you honestly think that they are built to lasty only one lap? Try 10 and you'll be closer. And drivers having to manage their tyres during a race is a FACT or else they would have s**t loads of pit stops.

Hamilton is one of the more aggressive drivers and can be quite hard on his tyres, but given that this failure occurred 2 laps from the end, I would nopt expect it to be down to driving style, but a piece of debris or a fault with the tyre and/or wheel.

I trust this helps you calm down and you now realise that I was not critisizing your hero but looking to take part in technical discussion.

Giblet

n smikle is an unapologetic Lewis fanboy, but he is one of the nicest and most unaggressive people on this board.

I wish more were like him, and less like certain new users who have been posting counterpoints at a million miles an hour to the detriment of the board.
Before I do anything I ask myself โ€œWould an idiot do that?โ€ And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andrew

Giblet wrote:n smikle is an unapologetic Lewis fanboy, but he is one of the nicest and most unaggressive people on this board.

I wish more were like him, and less like certain new users who have been posting counterpoints at a million miles an hour to the detriment of the board.
Length of membership does not guarantee good posts.

PlatinumZealot

Yes I am an unapologetic Hamilton fanboy but Seriously..come on man.. A lot of engineers are on this website. You can't just push that statement to engineers. I could understand if Hamilton was using the tyres in a way they were not designed for, but as we all know that was not the case.

I mean, if I were the engineer that made the Bridgestone tyres I would take that as a serious insult; somebody saying my design failed because it was used under marginal conditions when I know I designed it to take twice that, or last 2 times longer for example. I would have to come out defend my design and say that was not down to my design, it must have been a manufacturing fault or some foreign object interfered with the operation because I would know it can take more abuse than that.

It's just ridiculous. It like saying Michael Jordon destroyed his nike's because he was playing to hard. Or Rafael Nadal broke his racket because he hit the ball too hard, or Tiger woods broke his driver because his swing was too strong. The only way you can say things like that is if that particular product was not designed for those conditions, if there is a fault in the product, or the product was exposed to something unforeseen in the design or foreign object or something.

All that happened was Hamilton's tyres, or rim or whatever was faulty, or something foreign hit or got caught in the the tyre/rim whatever.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

andrew

Read it AGAIN!

I am not saying that Hamiltons tyre problem today was caused by driving style.

You final sentance echos my final sentance so where is the argument here? What was the need for an attack in the first place?

ringo

Bridgestone said nothing was wrong with the tyre, so it's not the drivers fault for the tyre exploding.
I think it is accepted that the tyre simply failed for reasons yet to be confirmed. But what was confirmed by bridgestone was the the tyre would have been fine. Norrowing things down to the car and eliminating driver error.
Hamilton may have well finished that race, and be praised for caring his tyres. To say his impetuous style causes a tyre to spontaneously explode is pushing it.

A driver cannot explode a tyre, especially one that is in good condition. Unless Hamilton abilities transcend all the testing equipment Bridgeston possess.

Here is the tyre, clearly no graining, much-less wires sticking out

So again tyres are ok, so nothing to do with driving style.
For Sure!!

Holm86

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

timbo wrote:
Holm86 wrote:its just sad he's followed by all that bad luck.
I guess he could've been easier on the tyres.
No need for that FL.
I don't believe it was a tyrefailure. It definitely looks like something breaks off a splitsecond before the puncture. Or perhaps he ran over some debree from another car. Something did fly from the front tyre just before the accident.

FL??

ringo

Lewis said he felt something in the steering, maybe something he ran over?
I saw a thin curve object being thrown up into the air before the failure.
For Sure!!

Poleman

There is nothing to do with LH driving or Bridgestone.After watching the replay countless times trying to capture the moment,it seems that is a rim failure (i guess might be something else)...Looks like the inside ring of the rim fell off as you can see in the screenshot and the moment it flies away it slashes the inside wall of the tire causing the puncture.Your thoughts?... :roll:

feynman

wesley123 wrote:It seems a structural failure at the mclarens, it happened before with their cars, and now it happens again.
HAM Spain:
KOV Spain:

At least that piece of rim is consistent, when it wants to leave, it always takes the same route.
Last edited by feynman on 10 May 2010, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

Yes gutted is the right word... I feel gutted..

Hamilton should feel like he has no chance in the world, something so unusual ...
For Sure!!

timbo

OUCH!
So, i have to take my words on Hamilton back :oops:
Somebody totally must check the rims on McLaren!