Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
CMSMJ1

Re: Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

ISLAMATRON wrote:No I meant to drive on the Nurbergring, not to watch the German GP.

Single laps are aprox 25EUR - I'm going again this summer...90EUR for 4 laps

I know some groups hire it out and they charge 550EUR for a place...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

ISLAMATRON

Thanks guys, just wanted to compare to Shrieker's Turkey prices.

The local racetrack around here charges about $75 for maybe 6 hours and test and tune track time.

Shrieker may have been spoiled with 5 euro track days but 75 is excessive.

Shrieker

Spoiled ? Wow... I never went to any trackday. I wish I could, though. 4 or 5 years ago ( before ecclestone took the track over) motorcycle clubs were in their infancy around here. So to gather round 40-50 motorcyclists to do a trackday was out of the question. You could do it now though. But the price won't allow it.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

raymondu999

Let me be the first to say that I expect to start his fightback campaign from the Webber domination here in Turkey :mrgreen: In 2010 Vettel and Webber are equal (Webber stronger due to better countback) but by 2008/2009 points, Vettel would actually be leading... interesting...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Just_a_fan

Barring car issues, this has got to be Red Bull's race. The downforce advantage they seem to have will pay dividends for half of the track (T2-T9) with T2 and T8 especially benefitting. We saw last year how cars without decent DF struggle in T8 (McLaren were absolutely killed by T8 in their low downforce car last year) and thus for overall lap time so the DF gap between Red Bull and Ferrari (and especially McLaren?) should be telling.

McLaren, Ferrari, Renault and Force India should be quicker on the straight bit either side of T11 but that won't be enough - I can see the Red Bulls running and hiding in the distance very quickly.

Will Webber make it a hat-trick?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

raymondu999

Red Bull Circuit probably. But the question is, which bull? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.

the terrorist-drives (touristenfahrten)on the Nordschleife are not to be confused with trackdays.You need a licensed ,road registered car or bike and have to obey normal traffic regulation ,of course it is a one way road..does not imply theres any safety there ...in fact i know a lot of guys making a good living on all those brits
smashing their cars .In fact some have started to rent out old bimmers for these drives..
I don´t know about the Nurburgring GP track rent ,but Hockenheim tried to sell the day for around 20K€ and more ,depending on wich layout you intended to use..

donskar

Just_a_fan wrote:Barring car issues, this has got to be Red Bull's race. The downforce advantage they seem to have will pay dividends for half of the track (T2-T9) with T2 and T8 especially benefitting. We saw last year how cars without decent DF struggle in T8 (McLaren were absolutely killed by T8 in their low downforce car last year) and thus for overall lap time so the DF gap between Red Bull and Ferrari (and especially McLaren?) should be telling.

McLaren, Ferrari, Renault and Force India should be quicker on the straight bit either side of T11 but that won't be enough - I can see the Red Bulls running and hiding in the distance very quickly.

Will Webber make it a hat-trick?
Nice to be back on topic! I believe Red Bull have said they'd have their own blown rear wing for Turkey? If so, then they might reduce or eliminate their top speed disadvantage. Given Newey's aero ability, Red Bull might pull farther ahead of the pack.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Shrieker

marcush. wrote:the terrorist-drives (touristenfahrten)on the Nordschleife are not to be confused with trackdays.You need a licensed ,road registered car or bike and have to obey normal traffic regulation ,of course it is a one way road..does not imply theres any safety there ...in fact i know a lot of guys making a good living on all those brits
smashing their cars .In fact some have started to rent out old bimmers for these drives..
I don´t know about the Nurburgring GP track rent ,but Hockenheim tried to sell the day for around 20K€ and more ,depending on wich layout you intended to use..
Thanks for the heads-up !

As for the race. I think the gap between Red-Bull and the others won't be as big as Barcelona. McLaren might gain a lot of time in the back-straight.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

raymondu999

I agree that probably the most awaited update would be the Renault and RBR f-ducts. Any predictions, albeit weeks away from the race? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

piast9

Let's not get excited about RB and Renault f-ducts yet. So far we've seen that bringing f-duct to the track and even testing it on Friday doesn't mean using it in the race.

aral

whiteblue01 wrote:why have you opened this thread now you inverseal.
Someone had to beat Andrew!

djos

Just_a_fan wrote: Will Webber make it a hat-trick?
I reckon he will, Mark's clearly in a class of One atm and Vettel is really being shown how far Aussie Grit*, Determination and Mental Toughness will get you.

Vettel is an excellent driver tho so I dont expect him to roll over, he'll fight back hard and occasionally beat Webber but now that Mark is at full fitness and riding a wave of confidence he is going to be very tough to beat.

I predict Mark for WDC! [-o<

*reference intended 8)
"In downforce we trust"

WhiteBlue

Christ, djos can you tone the fanboyism a bit down, please! :wink:

It must be nice to see your man doing so well but it gets a bit stale. You are stealing the other Webber fans their thunder. :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

djos

WhiteBlue wrote:Christ, djos can you tone the fanboyism a bit down, please! :wink:

It must be nice to see your man doing so well but it gets a bit stale. You are stealing the other Webber fans their thunder. :lol:
lol, one must celebrate the good times WB as they dont last forever. :mrgreen:

After the Dark days of Williams and last years Broken Leg & Shoulder, this year is like a modern day fairy tale for Webbo and Im enjoying every second of it. 8)

Signed, unashamed Webbo fanatic! :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"