Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
autogyro

Re: Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

I was taken to task for calling Webber a journeyman driver.
He surprised me in the last two GP, especialy his awesome qualifying lap in Monaco. However, winning from the front in the best car does not make a WC.
Vettel has shown more potential and if there is any truth in the chassis problem, he should have the edge.
A bit of 'needle' from the Aussies is a good thing WB, Webber is a great guy.
Either RB driver would make a worthy WC.

WhiteBlue

autogyro wrote:Webber is a great guy.
+1
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

djos

WhiteBlue wrote:
gibells wrote:Haha. You're slower than your team mate, so it must be the chassis. Love it.
According to Autosport Webber already changed from chassis #2 to #4 after Australia. Why should there be an issue if Vettel also retires his first chassis (#3) if they found a fault with it? Am I detecting a slight Anglo-Australian bias with some of our esteemed members here?
As opposed to some German bias? ;)
"In downforce we trust"

djos

autogyro wrote: A bit of 'needle' from the Aussies is a good thing WB, Webber is a great guy.
Well put AG. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

thestig84

I would prefer Webber out of the two. I think he would make a great champion. He seems to have a good sense of humor and isnt afraid to say what he thinks, a nice change. ( I always liked his Bahrain discreiption as a Tesco car park :D )

Christian Horner seems to be the only one that thinks Vettel has a good sense of humor too often reminding us for his love for little britian.

James Allen thinks redbull are more pro Vettel and perhaps his minor chassis defect is more of a timely confidence boost. http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/05/m ... han-never/

djos

thestig84 wrote:James Allen thinks redbull are more pro Vettel and perhaps his minor chassis defect is more of a timely confidence boost. http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/05/m ... han-never/
Considering Christian and Mark have their own GP3 team together called MW Arden I'd be surprised if there was any bias towards Vettel at all - RedBull have always been 100% fair with their drivers even when it was DC and Mark.
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

Vettel is basically like Horner's son! Just watch Horner's face anytime Vettel does good against the times when Mark does good.

Anyway I would rather Webber win it than Vettel, IF they are good enough to win it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ISLAMATRON

Supposedly the Istanbul track has been resurfaced... anyone got any info on that? Seems strange since it is a pretty new track, one that doesnt really make any money.

WhiteBlue

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-new ... k-surface/
Martin Whitmarsh wrote:The circuit has also been resurfaced ahead of this year's race, so we're expecting a return to the race pace we showed in places like Barcelona and Shanghai.
Track is five years old. I guess they would have to give it a new surface. But our expert is Ciro. He should know.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

timbo

Anyone knows whether there's contract for next year?

WhiteBlue

Bernie is the promoter. He will award the race to himself. It is also an important market. There was some speculation that it will be replaced by Rome but Bernie said Rome will be an additional race. So to best available info we have to say it is meant to stay. It is probably the second best circuit on the calendar in terms of elevation changes and variations in cornering. Plus it is really affordable now.

Earnard Beccelstone

I'd dearly love Mark Webber to win this one, but there is this annoying voice that tells me that Vettle is going to win it and Mark is just about due to have his horror story weekends (a la Suzuka 2009 or Fuji 2007).

Predicting:

1. Vettle (win from pole)
2. Alonso
3. Lewis

gibells

WhiteBlue wrote:
gibells wrote:Haha. You're slower than your team mate, so it must be the chassis. Love it.
Am I detecting a slight Anglo-Australian bias with some of our esteemed members here?
Not at all. It would be the SANZA alliance. :wink: Haha.

raymondu999

Earnard Beccelstone wrote:I'd dearly love Mark Webber to win this one, but there is this annoying voice that tells me that Vettle is going to win it and Mark is just about due to have his horror story weekends (a la Suzuka 2009 or Fuji 2007).

Predicting:

1. Vettle (win from pole)
2. Alonso
3. Lewis
I hope you're right Earnie :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Shaddock

ISLAMATRON wrote:Supposedly the Istanbul track has been resurfaced... anyone got any info on that? Seems strange since it is a pretty new track, one that doesnt really make any money.
Have they taken out the bumps at turn 8 or just laid a new surface over the old?