British GP 2010 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Chaparral

Re: British GP 2010 - Silverstone

Pup wrote:Yes, please stick to well known facts, like 'flailing' tires and their undocumented damage.
:lol: the only flailing being done is Gugs - with your own advice in a land far far away - its ignore this idiot - its not even worth the trouble these days and Gugs knows what I mean :D
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

komninosm

Pup wrote:Yes, please stick to well known facts, like 'flailing' tires and their undocumented damage.
Damn, now anything I say can't reach the degree of funny your post had :p

vall

ecapox

vall wrote:http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/3470 ... n_Britain/

Here is what Ferrari says now
I just read that. It is pretty damning that when asked

Rivola: "Is this the decision [to let Kubica back ahead]?"
Charlie: 'No, but that's how we see it.'

Then Whiting says "We have given you the chance to do it or not. Things being this way, the stewards will hear the drivers at the end of the race, but I understand your position."

That's a different story than what Whiting said earlier "We told them 3 times to let Kubica pass."

strad

Ya know..the whole thing is BS..When it happened I said "oh..he'll have to give that spot back"..then when I saw in the replay that he was forced off track if figured he was good to go.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Kubica was defending his position which he is entitled to do. Alonso gained a position by going off the track. Pretty clear cut stuff - penalty was fair.

ringo

Abiding by the rules doesn't seem so easy now huh Alonso and Alonso fans? :lol:

Hamilton's SC situation was very similar to this, but less clear cut for him to make a judgement at the time.
It's very easy to call Alonso a cheater now, using the same logic of the hami haters from the euro GP.
Now they see how easy it is to make a misjudgment on track.
For Sure!!

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I hope you don't think I'm an Alonso fan?

aral

andrew wrote:Kubica was defending his position which he is entitled to do. Alonso gained a position by going off the track. Pretty clear cut stuff - penalty was fair.
Kubica certainly was entitled to defend his position, but he forced Alonso onto the green. What did you expect Alonso to do?? Stick to his position on track and have a violent crash?? After all, they were side to side.
It was not a deliberate attempt to cut the corner and gain an advantage, such as Hamilton at Spa.
It also transpires that Whiting told Ferrari that the stewards would look at the matter AFTER the race!

ecapox

On the contrary, i thought he should have given the spot back. But they went to Charlie, he said "dont know", then he said "They'll talk about it after the race", then the stewards said "drive through penalty".

Seems contradictory that Charlie said "the stewards will hear the drivers at the end of the race, but I understand your position." and then he goes on to give him a drive through.

Giblet

strad wrote:Ya know..the whole thing is BS..When it happened I said "oh..he'll have to give that spot back"..then when I saw in the replay that he was forced off track if figured he was good to go.
Is there a rule that says if you get forced off track and compete the pass the pass is OK?

No.

So regardless of the situation leading up to the pass, if it happened off track, then it must be given back, plain and simple. This is the rule.

Anything else is a separate penalty in waiting for Kubica.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Giblet

ecapox wrote:On the contrary, i thought he should have given the spot back. But they went to Charlie, he said "dont know", then he said "They'll talk about it after the race", then the stewards said "drive through penalty".

Seems contradictory that Charlie said "the stewards will hear the drivers at the end of the race, but I understand your position." and then he goes on to give him a drive through.
Charlie Whiting wrote:On the radio, I suggested to them that if they exchange position again, there would be no need for the stewards to intervene. We told Ferrari three times that in my opinion they should give the position back to Kubica.

"And we told them that immediately, right after the overtaking manoeuvre. But they didn't do that and on the third communication they said that Kubica was by then too far back to let him regain the position.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ecapox

Ferrari was waiting for the stewards clarification if they needed to give the spot back. Not Charlie Whiting's.

EDIT. Uppercase was for emphasis, not for yelling. my bad.
Last edited by ecapox on 16 Jul 2010, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Giblet

No need to yell. Remain civil. Wind your neck in. Relax.

I was merely pointing out that they were given advice that would have been smart to follow immediately.

They obviously should have listened to Charlie, but instead they made the wrong move and paid the price.

vall

Last edited by vall on 16 Jul 2010, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.