British GP 2010 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
marcush.

Re: British GP 2010 - Silverstone

andrew wrote:Copied from the Force India website:

Force India Formula One Team Limited
Dadford Road, Silverstone, Northamptonshire, NN12 8TJ
United Kingdom
2minutes...by car... :mrgreen:

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=d&source=s ... 7&t=h&z=16

I always felt home races as an extra burden,you have so many people around you that normally are not making the trip ,the driver and team have lots of distractions due to this and this can lead to them abandoning normal rituals just because theres such a high demand from sources normally not present.
I do recognise that F1 is not a place where you will find a lot of time for yourself as a driver anyways ,but the teammembers are surely under added pressure
there.just think of your normal work when suddenly during your most important work
all your friends and family would appear at your work ...not easy,you feel proud ,sure but maybe you will tend to talk a bit more then is good for the teams interest... [-X

audifan

ISLAMATRON wrote:Hamilton:"I will demolish the field and then do Donuts!"

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/21990.html
read the report ; couldn't
find where he said ..I will demolish the field and then do donuts

did you post the correct link ?

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Correct link - maniulated/manufactured quote in the stile of crash.net. [-X

Regarding Silverstone, I think it's main problams are that it is too wide and too flat/featureless. The high speed nature is maybe jolly exciting to spectators seeing cars going zooming past and making a lot of noise but there is usually a lack of overtaking. Maybe a few tight corners somewhere might bunch up the field a bit.

Mind, it would have been interesting to see how Donington would have faired.

Just_a_fan

forty-two wrote: i suspect the new section was mandated by billionaire Bernie for reasons unknown to us, the fans of the sport!
The new section was designed with bikes in mind. After Bernie took the GP to Donnington, Silverstone decided to concentrate on keeping MotoGP happy. Nothing to do with Bernie (other than him throwing his financial weight elsewhere for a few months).
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

timbo

Found rFactor version of Arena circuit. Very basic, parts of old circuit from earlier mods with a glued new section.
But ZOMG it IS fast!
Abbey requires only a little lift and Farm is flat out.
Twisty section is nothing particular.
Well, of course it is very coarse approximation...

Shrieker

timbo wrote:Found rFactor version of Arena circuit. Very basic, parts of old circuit from earlier mods with a glued new section.
But ZOMG it IS fast!
Abbey requires only a little lift and Farm is flat out.
Twisty section is nothing particular.
Well, of course it is very coarse approximation...
I think they'll be able to take the new Abbey corner pedal to the metal, so in the light of that opinion can we assume the f-duct will be fully used from the exit of club until village ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

raymondu999

I'd actually thought that they'd need a bit more downforce for Abbey... meaning f-duct off?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

multisync

marcush. wrote:

United Kingdom

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=d&source=s ... 7&t=h&z=16

I always felt home races as an extra burden,you have so many people around you that normally are not making the trip ,the driver and team have lots of distractions due to this and this can lead to them abandoning normal rituals just because theres such a high demand from sources normally not present.
I do recognise that F1 is not a place where you will find a lot of time for yourself as a driver anyways ,but the teammembers are surely under added pressure
there.just think of your normal work when suddenly during your most important work
all your friends and family would appear at your work ...not easy,you feel proud ,sure but maybe you will tend to talk a bit more then is good for the teams interest... [-X

That map is 'wrong' FI are the white oblong below the A...If you zoom in you can see the trucks.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 2&t=h&z=18
Last edited by multisync on 07 Jul 2010, 08:43, edited 2 times in total.

multisync

forty-two wrote:
andrew wrote:Are Williams not close to Silverstone?
I think Williams USED to be located in Didcot, just down the road really. I lived there for three years, but now I'm closer to McL. I am pretty sure they have moved now though.

Perhaps my living nearby is a good thing for the teams, if anyone needs any help, I'll be happy to accept a moving grant! :lol:
Williams are now in Grove Wantage-in the old Johnson & Johnson factory

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 4&t=h&z=15

timbo

raymondu999 wrote:I'd actually thought that they'd need a bit more downforce for Abbey... meaning f-duct off?
I think so too.
Abbey seems really tight at 270-280. But who knows?

Richard

timbo wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I'd actually thought that they'd need a bit more downforce for Abbey... meaning f-duct off?
I think so too.
Abbey seems really tight at 270-280. But who knows?
That would be great if it happens. A bit of uncertainty to sort the men from the boys, will the divers have to lift or not? Can they use the F duct or not? Here's hoping we see different strategies to sort the men from the boys.

godlameroso

You can just run the F-duct up to the corner, and disable it as you take it, then re-engage it afterwards.
Saishū kōnā

Scotracer

I don't think engaging the F-duct is a good idea after Abbey, seeing as it's a long, fast corner at Farm. I'd really not want to have to hang on to an F1 car at 290km/h with --- up aero balance.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

beret

Rain [-o< will spice the things up.
CHEERZ
Aerodynamics for people who dont build powerful engines.-->ENZO FERRARI

Craigy

marcush. wrote:

United Kingdom
The full list of UK teams:

Force India
Dadford Road, Silverstone, Northamptonshire, NN12 8TJ (0.6 miles from the main gate). Probably faster on foot, given the traffic.

Mercedes
Operations Centre, Brackley, Northants NN13 7BD (8.5 miles)

Redbull
Red Bull Racing, Bradbourne Drive, Tilbrook, Milton Keynes, MK7 8BJ, United Kingdom. (22 miles)
nb. RB's wind tunnel facility is on a separate site - a Qinetiq park near Milton Ernest: Twinwoods Business Park, Twinwoods Road, Clapham, Bedford, MK41 6AE

Renault
Whiteways Technical Centre Enstone Oxon OX7 4EE (25 miles)

Williams
Grove, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 0DQ (41 miles)

McLaren
Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4YH (72 miles)

Virgin
Manor Drive, Dinnington, Sheffield S25 3QU (104 miles)
nb. Virgin's design is done by Wirth Research, Sholebroke Farmhouse, Whittlebury, NN12 8TF

Lotus
RTN Hingham Industrial Estate, Ironside Way, Hingham, Norfolk, NR9 4LF (122 miles)