European GP 2010 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: European GP 2010 - Valencia

Heres a pic from the ari, and a second pic of what id have done with the track from conception in red:

More high speed, more flowing and arguably better, still stop start tho.

outer_bongolia

ESPImperium wrote:Heres a pic from the ari, and a second pic of what id have done with the track from conception in red:

Good try ESP. Still, you can paint sh*t gold, but it still is a piece of sh*t. :mrgreen:

I think Valencia is an exceptionally beautiful city, but this circuit is definitely destined to be a piece of .....
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

komninosm
komninosm

Tazio wrote:
komninosm wrote: BTW here's what Alonso is saying now:
“At the time, I reacted emotionally and in that situation, it is all too easy to adopt a tone and say things that can be interpreted wrongly, giving rise to suspicions, something which I had no intention of doing. Sure, I understand that the stewards have a difficult job to do and they have to take decisions that are not easy."
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 10972.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[-X :^o

:roll: And what is it that makes that so funny? :wink:
That Alonso did the proper thing and clarify that the fanboys in this thread are deluded. :lol:

komninosm
komninosm

WhiteBlue wrote:
komninosm wrote:That doesn't explain how it fits in the actual rules. All it says is that they gained at best 2-3 seconds so we penalized them 5. Well Schumacher gained one position by passing Alonso in Monaco, but was penalized by losing a lot more. I'm asking if there's an actual rule they followed to give this vague 5s penalty.
There was no precedent for breaking the delta time speed rule and so they worked out a way to do a logical punishment. Schumacher's penalty was in Monaco was based on a post race drive through, which is a fixed penalty of 20 s. Due to the field being bunched up if came to several race positions. The penalty was correct by the book but completely inappropriate. One should not compare both situations because the transgressions were different.
There was no precedent? That doesn't amount to much. It was not something unexpected that we have to rule on. It was a precise transgression described in the rules. Did the rules say that it is not allowed, but not say what the penalty should be? Are the rules that vague?

mcjamweasel

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

siskue2005 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oAxsL9Knj4

Schumy's first lap at Valencia :)

A normal start but overtook 4 cars on the first lap, including Roseberg =D>
Overall I've not been especially impressed with his driving this year, but that was a very good first lap.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

outer_bongolia wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Heres a pic from the ari, and a second pic of what id have done with the track from conception in red:

Good try ESP. Still, you can paint sh*t gold, but it still is a piece of sh*t. :mrgreen:

I think Valencia is an exceptionally beautiful city, but this circuit is definitely destined to be a piece of .....
Ill aggree with you on that one. No matter how much you put toward it, its still a crap cuircit. Beautiful city with beautiful buildings, just a pice of sh*t Tilke designed track. Not the only Tilke track id like to redesign in part or in whole.

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote: Not the only Tilke track id like to redesign in part or in whole.
So go ahead and send it to them! Perhaps they will even use your design. Or you may find out that you cannot do anything better within the constraints.

Nobody likes the track. But how probable is it that they will tear it up for something else which is likely to be not much better. They had this particular piece of real estate and nothing else.

I reckon that we have to endure the track as long as the contract runs. At some time Alonso mania will die down and Spain will not be able to support two venues with tickets. Valencia will die first.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ElTron
ElTron

WhiteBlue wrote:
ESPImperium wrote: Not the only Tilke track id like to redesign in part or in whole.
So go ahead and send it to them! Perhaps they will even use your design. Or you may find out that you cannot do anything better within the constraints.

Nobody likes the track. But how probable is it that they will tear it up for something else which is likely to be not much better. They had this particular piece of real estate and nothing else.

I reckon that we have to endure the track as long as the contract runs. At some time Alonso mania will die down and Spain will not be able to support two venues with tickets. Valencia will die first.
Really Valencia circuit needs some updates but they will be coming soon. At the other part Alonso is a young and very good driver. We have another young (the youngest) spanish driver Alguersuari that is doing good for his second F1 year. Also De la Rosa that is not so young (but not so older than the grandfather :mrgreen: ) is a good and experienced driver.

This year we have a young driver D. Clos that at the moment is 2nd at GP2 series.

And, there is an important spanish bank (Santander) that has also several offices in UK, and it is one of the most important investors in F1.

Do you want more F1 mania? Alonso created it in Spain but now the seed is growing.

ell66
ell66

ElTron wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:

Really Valencia circuit needs some updates but they will be coming soon. At the other part Alonso is a young and very good driver. We have another young (the youngest) spanish driver Alguersuari that is doing good for his second F1 year. Also De la Rosa that is not so young (but not so older than the grandfather :mrgreen: ) is a good and experienced driver.

This year we have a young driver D. Clos that at the moment is 2nd at GP2 series.

And, there is an important spanish bank (Santander) that has also several offices in UK, and it is one of the most important investors in F1.

Do you want more F1 mania? Alonso created it in Spain but now the seed is growing.
Alonso isnt all that young these days lol.

Shaddock

marcush. wrote: wasn´t the timing deemd to be accurate? why else would you even mention the last digit then if it were just an inaccurate random number?
The transponders work accurately as the car passes certain points around the track (sectors) to give the timings and work out the cars speed. If one of the 12 timing loops isn't linked with the SC line, then race control wont be able to pinpoint the cars position accurately enough (in this close call) using the standard error built into GPS by the US military.

dannyteasdale
dannyteasdale

WhiteBlue wrote:

I agree with you WhiteBlue - Since this is the European grand prix There is a good couple of dozen race tracks in Europe which should, above Valencia, have it.
Yes there will need to be some work done at these tracks but it will make a better spectacle.
Valencia, IMO, is trying to be too much like Monaco. I mean come on, where on this planet is going to ever be like Monaco.
I like Valencia as a place, but not for F1, it needs to be moved.

Why not try a Scandinavian country? They're mad about motorsports!

ringo

Well look no further, we can expect this is 2013:

Mallorca circuit eyeing Formula 1 race
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84912
For Sure!!

dannyteasdale
dannyteasdale

That looks like a pretty good track, turns 1 and 2 look great!
Very Bahrain-esq.
I do think anywhere else would be a better spectacle than Valencia.
I dont see how they are going to improve the Valencia circuit at all, theres obvious limitations with it being a street circuit so It's going to be hard.
When does the contract run out again, 2013? would be bang in time would the Mallorca circuit.
May have to have a holiday there in 2013 :lol:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Now there is a circuit designed to prevent overtaking...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

zmiles2
zmiles2

I would LOVE to see a Scandinavian race. Like someone else already said, they are crazy about motorsport, plus some of the F1 greats have came from Scandinavian countries-Hakkinen, Raikkonen. And Kovalainen also hails from Scandinavia. Another thing to consider is how the weather most likely would not be overly hot or humid at a proposed Grand Prix.
Zach Miles- Purdue University
"Who's call was it to bring me in?...Frickin Terrible idea"
-Lewis Hamilton