Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

alberto222mx wrote:Vettel is flying... 1:46.660
6 tenths over Webber and 1 second over Button and Alonso.
I hope he stays ahead in qualifying too.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vall

Tazio wrote:Did the RB's even run the options on their quick laps?
yes, they both did + Massa + Macca. On the options Alonso was faster then the bulls, but we know this is only Friday

TheRMVR

Jenson Button: "At the moment the RedBull looks crazy quick.."

I think RB and Ferrari are favourites here.

alberto222mx

TheRMVR wrote:Jenson Button: "At the moment the RedBull looks crazy quick.."

I think RB and Ferrari are favourites here.
If the trend continues, I think RB is still hiding something for qualifying. I don´t believe Ferrari will be able to fight them, but we'll see...
"Why doesn´t someone tell Pedro it´s raining" - Chris Amon, 1000km Brands Hatch, 1970

ESPImperium

New Chassis for Webber (RB6-06), Schumacher (W01-05), Kubica (R30-05) and a return to previously used chassis for McLaren MP4/25A-01 (Button) & MP4/25A-02 (Hamilton) The last time theese chassis were used was in AUS for 02 and TUR for 01.

Mr Alcatraz

vall wrote:
Tazio wrote:Did the RB's even run the options on their quick laps?
yes, they both did + Massa + Macca. On the options Alonso was faster then the bulls, but we know this is only Friday
And we probably won't learn much from tomorrows practice if the weather holds form, and it't too wet for slicks untill quali.
Which is too bad considering:
I braked a bit late at turn 18 and ended up in the escape road: I selected reverse, but when I then selected first gear to get going again, the car stopped. It’s a shame, because I lost the final twenty minutes of the session, the part when I was due to run with a heavy fuel load. In the debrief, the engineers told me the problem was that an experimental part in the gearbox had broken,” he explained.

“This can happen on a Friday, when you try a lot of things, some of them even aimed at next season.
http://f1.automoto365.com/news/f1/tough ... 381-1.html
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ESPImperium

Im looking at the situation at Hispania, and the rumor that Yamamotto is ill is more or less a false one. Japaneese media have been reporting that Yamamotto is now actually fully fit and in his hotel room.

Its looking likley that Hispania got rid of Chandhok for the money of Yamamotto, and now the money that they gave the team for a race has gottn them till the end of the season, Hispania have ditched Yamamotto for Klien as they are chacing that elusive P12 that will make the team P10 in the constructors title and bring them more money. In other words, got rid of the pay driver for the experience of Klien.

Im gonna say that its going to be at least a couople of races for Klien to get a handle on the car, by then the posibility of that P12 may have passed.

Not convinced, but im happy that Klien has been given a chance in a car in the F1 grid, wether its a F1 car or not is another discussion.

segedunum

The situation at Hispania is not a suprise. Yamamoto was in and now a Formula 1 reject who's been able to bring in more money is now in in his place.
Last edited by segedunum on 24 Sep 2010, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

segedunum

vall wrote:On the options Alonso was faster then the bulls
No he wasn't.

747heavy

Ultimate laps

Best sector times by top teams.

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Giblet

If Vettel can qualify 1st and run off in the distance, he will win, but that's the only way he can do it. If he has to deal with Alonso or Webber in his mirrors, it's going to end in tears for him unfortunately.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

vall

segedunum wrote:
vall wrote:On the options Alonso was faster then the bulls
No he wasn't.
I think he set best times in Sector 1 and 2 before he made the mistake and missed the turn. So, yeah, he was going faster then the Bulls.

Mr Alcatraz

747heavy wrote:Ultimate laps

Best sector times by top teams.

Good work 747!
As Fred admitted he was not as fast as the Bulls, but he didn't get a single S3 on the options in FP2.
On his only lap that he ran on the options he was S1 28.9 S2 41.5
Vettel was S1 29.0 S2 41.4 Now we don't know the fuel loads so any comparisons are speculative.
However:
After reversing back onto the track, the double F1 World Champion's F10 then suddenly stopped – what was initially suspected to have been a stall, but transpired to be a gearbox gremlin – curtailing his running on the spot. That consigned the Oviedo native to fourth position at the close, with Massa – never quite on the same pace as the former Singapore Grand Prix-winner, who was fearsomely fast in sector three in particular – three places further back in seventh.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24092010/ ... -pace.html

So I'm thinking maybe SV has less than .44+ in hand JMHFO :-"
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 25 Sep 2010, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

djos

imightbewrong wrote:Yamamoto has caught food poisoning, Klein will race in his place.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86900
He needs to harden up, Webber raced in Japan with food poisoning and would have won the race if Vettel had of been paying attention during the saftey car (seems to be a theme!).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpnWhM7JSE[/youtube]
"In downforce we trust"