Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
komninosm
komninosm
0
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: Macedonia

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

andrew wrote:No but he still drives into Webber before the first chicane and then runs a Toyota onto the grass....
No one said Hamilton is always mistake free or blame free :roll:
I was only saying there seems to be no contact at 2:51 as was claimed.
Last edited by komninosm on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

komninosm
komninosm
0
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: Macedonia

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

andrew wrote::lol:
Look at Webber's steering wheel right before contact. He's starting to turn for the corner. He's also slightly sliding in the wet with his foolish late braking. Hamilton squeezed him because he had a turn to make and because Webber was nowhere near close on the straight to attempt a pass. But he gave him exactly 1 car width room to brake. It's not his fault that Webber tried to turn too soon. Did he not see a car in his bloody way? [-X

Terrible3
Terrible3
0
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

komninosm wrote: :lol:
EPIC FAIL WEBBER.
That's pretty much what he did in Singapore too. He really should get penalized. He's even crashed into a car on a straight and taken to flight. Why no penalty for Singapore? [-X
In terms of a penalty at Singapore I feel it would not be fair despite, in my opinion, that Webber was at fault. Handing out penalties that freely would just act as a deterrent to passing resulting in what we saw on the weekend with Vettel vs Alonso. I am pretty sure Vettel balanced the extra points against a DNF or a possible penalty had he tried to overtake. Exciting, no, mature of Vettel yes. I think if we saw penalties handed out at a rate some people ask for on this forum we would see F1 turn into slot-car racing on a single track.

What I am displeased with is the fact that in a similar incident last year at Melbourne where SV did a similar move to RK, SV got handed a nice grid drop at the next race. I would say that this crash was more of a racing incident than the MW vs LH case yet the stewards reprimanded SV heavily for his actions. In contrast this weekend MW is let off without even being issued a warning. As I said before I think no penalties should be handed out in either case, but the discrepancy between how they were treated by the stewards is unreal.

User avatar
GTO
0
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:16 am
Location: Oil Country

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

I was very disappointed with Massa's race. :( Why did he come into the pits very soon after the race started & change to the hard compound tires when others including Alonso clearly demonstrated that the softer option was fast & durable? Also, why was he stuck behind Hulk without making any attempts to pass? His Ferrari was not even getting close to the rear of the Williams. :wtf: Surely, the Ferrari was faster than the Williams.

aral
aral
Moderator
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

GTO wrote:I was very disappointed with Massa's race. :( Why did he come into the pits very soon after the race started & change to the hard compound tires when others including Alonso clearly demonstrated that the softer option was fast & durable? Also, why was he stuck behind Hulk without making any attempts to pass? His Ferrari was not even getting close to the rear of the Williams. :wtf: Surely, the Ferrari was faster than the Williams.
Maybe Ferrari wanted Massa to save the engine, as his race was seriously compromised since Q3. This would mean that Massa would be in a far stronger position to help Alonso , in the next race.

andrew
andrew
0
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

^^ My thoughts exactly. Ferrari's strategy for Massa centred around a safety car but this happened too early for them to benefit. Only sensible to save the engine.

User avatar
ringo
232
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

djos wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:The last time I remember Mark/Lewis banging wheels (or coming close to doing so) with each other is Monza 08... and I don't think those collisions have ever resulted in a DNF for either one. I could be wrong though.
Lewis Deliberately chopped Webber in that instance and it almost ended in tears for Mark:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6SejgDI ... re=related[/youtube]

Out braked himself again. :roll:
This just demonstrates a short temper and being flustered and enraged.
Poor discipline as usual.

There was no chop in there, just webber drag racing in a braking zone.

The funny thing is I want this clown to win the WDC if lewis doesn't. But he's making it look very sloppy.
For Sure!!

Terrible3
Terrible3
0
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

Man Webber hit Massa in the same place as LH. However in the MW vs Massa I feel that Massa is 100% at fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmhjZSWM ... r_embedded

User avatar
GTO
0
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:16 am
Location: Oil Country

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

andrew wrote:^^ My thoughts exactly. Ferrari's strategy for Massa centred around a safety car but this happened too early for them to benefit. Only sensible to save the engine.
So in effect they've given up on the Constructors...which is a bit surprising & also understandable considering the 64 point defecit to RBR.

andrew
andrew
0
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

GTO wrote:
andrew wrote:^^ My thoughts exactly. Ferrari's strategy for Massa centred around a safety car but this happened too early for them to benefit. Only sensible to save the engine.
So in effect they've given up on the Constructors...which is a bit surprising & also understandable considering the 64 point defecit to RBR.
I wouldn't say they have given up completly, but more that they want to leave something extra in bag for when it is needed i.e. a reasonably fresh engine for Massa. I also think that part of the Ferrari game plan includes engine failures/changes/turning down the power of the engines for the likes of McLaren and Red Bull.

zeph
zeph
68
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

[...]
Last edited by Steven on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted off-topic post and subsequent replies

User avatar
djos
139
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 5:09 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

komninosm wrote:
andrew wrote::lol:
Look at Webber's steering wheel right before contact. He's starting to turn for the corner. He's also slightly sliding in the wet with his foolish late braking. Hamilton squeezed him because he had a turn to make and because Webber was nowhere near close on the straight to attempt a pass. But he gave him exactly 1 car width room to brake. It's not his fault that Webber tried to turn too soon. Did he not see a car in his bloody way? [-X
He turned the steering wheel to the right to straighten up, big difference between that and what Vettel did to him in Turkey! #-o
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

User avatar
FW17
231
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

djos wrote:
komninosm wrote:
andrew wrote::lol:
Look at Webber's steering wheel right before contact. He's starting to turn for the corner. He's also slightly sliding in the wet with his foolish late braking. Hamilton squeezed him because he had a turn to make and because Webber was nowhere near close on the straight to attempt a pass. But he gave him exactly 1 car width room to brake. It's not his fault that Webber tried to turn too soon. Did he not see a car in his bloody way? [-X
He turned the steering wheel to the right to straighten up, big difference between that and what Vettel did to him in Turkey! #-o
Vettel was not even trying to do that, he was just taking the straight line fro the exit of the corner to the racing line to the braking point of the next corner, in the process passed an Mark Webber who had brain fade who decided to run into the side of Vettel.

Vettel not passing cleanly is a fabricated story of the Anglo press, it is not like Mark Webber did not have space to move, he had more half the road but decided that the Vettels side is better place for his front wheel.


Mark Webber expects everyone to put up with is arrogance on track and the worst is the FIA and Anglo community is cheering him on, with favors from the stewards office.

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Vettel was not even trying to do that, he was just taking the straight line fro the exit of the corner to the racing line to the braking point of the next corner, in the process passed an Mark Webber who had brain fade who decided to run into the side of Vettel.

Vettel not passing cleanly is a fabricated story of the Anglo press, it is not like Mark Webber did not have space to move, he had more half the road but decided that the Vettels side is better place for his front wheel.


Mark Webber expects everyone to put up with is arrogance on track and the worst is the FIA and Anglo community is cheering him on, with favors from the stewards office.
wait so now there is a media conspiracy? Some of you new guys need to go back to Crash.net this is a technical forum. If it were mine you would be gone already.

User avatar
FW17
231
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Post

flynfrog wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:
Vettel was not even trying to do that, he was just taking the straight line fro the exit of the corner to the racing line to the braking point of the next corner, in the process passed an Mark Webber who had brain fade who decided to run into the side of Vettel.

Vettel not passing cleanly is a fabricated story of the Anglo press, it is not like Mark Webber did not have space to move, he had more half the road but decided that the Vettels side is better place for his front wheel.


Mark Webber expects everyone to put up with is arrogance on track and the worst is the FIA and Anglo community is cheering him on, with favors from the stewards office.
wait so now there is a media conspiracy? Some of you new guys need to go back to Crash.net this is a technical forum. If it were mine you would be gone already.

Ofcourse it is the media bias in keeping news with crap like headlines like ‘streets of shame’ when alonso takes pole, and burring news of a Webber crash as racing incidents.

Totally agreed on the F1technical part, I think Mods to remove all post that are not technical.