Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SiLo

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

I don't mind who wins what as long as I see lots of drama and overtaking!
Felipe Baby!

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

My prediction;

P01 = Webber
P02 = Kubica
P03 = Hamilton
P04 = Vettel
P05 = Button
P06 = Alonso
P07 = Massa
P08 = Barrichello
P09 = Rosberg
P10 = Kobiyashai

But i think that some Hijinks will happen somewhere. A SC will be out, at least once.

raymondu999

SiLo wrote:I don't mind who wins what as long as I see lots of drama and overtaking!
Good luck mate :lol:
WhiteBlue wrote:This would be the perfect opportunity for Seb to set pole and win the race start to finish. And then do it again in Korea and Suzuka. 8) 75 points for Seb from those races would be just fine for me.
I'll have some of that as well :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

I think the the order will be almost the same as in Monaco, with exception to a couple of changes. First, I hope that Kubica can take pole position. Second, I think Alonso will qualify ahead of Masa. Third, Schumacher is not going to be in the top ten.

P1 Kubica
P2 Webber
P3 Vettel
P4 Alonso
P5 Masa
P6 Hamilton
P7 Button
P8 Rosberg
P9 Barichello
P10 Liuzzi(?)
Last edited by Donuts on 16 Sep 2010, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

While Kubica is a great driver and we know he's massive on street circuits, I don't think that is enough to take on the Bulls here in Singapore. I wouldn't count out Alonso/Hamilton from the podium though. They're both massive here.

Btw, some of you might be interested in this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 995825.stm
:mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:While Kubica is a great driver and we know he's massive on street circuits, I don't think that is enough to take on the Bulls here in Singapore. I wouldn't count out Alonso/Hamilton from the podium though. They're both massive here.

Btw, some of you might be interested in this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 995825.stm
:mrgreen:
Hmm, I'm not so sure. Don't be fooled by Monza, Renault's bad performance was a one off I think(hope). They did not have time and resources to develop a low downforce package that would suite the f-duct.
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

I'm not talking about Monza. Look at Valencia. Or Australia. These are two tracks which have similar-ish characteristics to Singapore, and look where renault was in quali.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

Mclaren's blown diffuser and their new package may switch up the hierarchy. It just may be good on this track.
For Sure!!

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:I'm not talking about Monza. Look at Valencia. Or Australia. These are two tracks which have similar-ish characteristics to Singapore, and look where renault was in quali.
Allright, I was more thinking of Monaco, beacuse everyone else seems to compare these two cirquits(bumpy). Valencia and Australia, that was before the EBD and the F-duct. I think that they have taken big steps since then, ofcourse every one has, but the gap to the frontrunner has decreased. They've had good mechanical grip all season and their aerodynamic grip has improved quite a bit. My conclusion is that with the performance in Monaco as benchmarking and having closed the gap a bit, he might have a better chance now...
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

You can't compare monaco to Singapore that much. Both are tight street circuits, yes. However Singapore is kind of a "point and squirt" track, where it's all just angular corners, while Monaco fits more of a "twisty" profile. It's very similar to Valencia in terms of characteristics, and I believe Kubica already had the EBD by Valencia.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:You can't compare monaco to Singapore that much. Both are tight street circuits, yes. However Singapore is kind of a "point and squirt" track, where it's all just angular corners, while Monaco fits more of a "twisty" profile. It's very similar to Valencia in terms of characteristics, and I believe Kubica already had the EBD by Valencia.
Your right about the EBD, but I think it was the first cirquit the used it on and they did'nt manage to get it to work properly until later. Anyway, probably the Red Bull's will emerge on top, but you never know.
The mind of Alain Prost.

SiLo

Part of me would like to think that Mclaren and Ferrari have leapfrogged Red Bull in terms of pace because of the wing and floor modifications they had to make (come on, we all know they did). But it probably won't be so. The fact that the team that is third in the Championship can now take points of the front two teams, could make this an exciting race.
Felipe Baby!

raymondu999

I dont' think we would've really known. Yes the wing flexed less, but Spa and Monza are notoriously low downforce tracks where the wing WOULD have flexed less anyways
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

The aerodynamic advantage of red bull is only apparent near 160km/h, the only reason red bull got pole in Monaco was sector 3. Webber was going flat through the swimming pool, everyone else lifted.
Singapore is more like Hungary, but bumpier and slower
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

Not quite. Hungary is twisty, Singapore isn't quite the same. And also Red Bull got a front row in valencia, which is closest to singapore's configuration.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法