Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sean H

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

godlameroso wrote:The aerodynamic advantage of red bull is only apparent near 160km/h, the only reason red bull got pole in Monaco was sector 3. Webber was going flat through the swimming pool, everyone else lifted.
Singapore is more like Hungary, but bumpier and slower

The only reason RB got pole in Monaco is that Alonso threw it into the wall in FP3. He was well onto his way of dominating the weekend before that mistake.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

raymondu999

We don't know that. He showed similarly strong in FP1/2 in Spa before not making any impression in qualy. And the Bulls this year are strong mechanically too, not just aerodynamically. We saw that towards last year, they were flying in Singapore and Vettel had a good chance of pole had Barrichello not wiped the wall.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

siskue2005

Sean H wrote:
godlameroso wrote:The aerodynamic advantage of red bull is only apparent near 160km/h, the only reason red bull got pole in Monaco was sector 3. Webber was going flat through the swimming pool, everyone else lifted.
Singapore is more like Hungary, but bumpier and slower

The only reason RB got pole in Monaco is that Alonso threw it into the wall in FP3. He was well onto his way of dominating the weekend before that mistake.
no
that bulls were really strong there, almost like Hungary

ARENA

Atleast in 2008, Valencia Q results were very similar to Singapore Q results:
P01 Massa (P01 in Singapore)
P02 Hamilton (P02)
P03 Kubica (P04)
P04 Raikkonen (P03)
P05 Kovalainen (P05)
P06 Vettel (P07)
P07 Trulli (P11)
P08 Heidfeld (P06)
P09 Rosberg (P09)

raymondu999

That's what I'm saying. If you're looking for a baseline for singapore performance, the closest thing is probably Valencia due to the track layout. It's all straight lines and angles on paper.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Lurk

So McLaren should be fine.
At Valencia, they were matching RB race pace with an "old" car.

raymondu999

that depends on how their new suspension handles the bumps in Singapore ;)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

forty-two

With the temperature at night on the day of the race currently forecast to be 25-30 degrees centigrade, will this have an effect on some car's in terms of cooling / running in hot air behind others?

I noticed Alonso getting out of Button's slipstream whenever he could during the 1st half of the Monza GP, and that's on home turf!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

raymondu999

I guess bigger brake ducts and bigger cooling in/out-lets are in order. Singapore is hardly windy especially between those barriers
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

forty-two

I was thinking specifically of engine cooling, and Mark Webber's catastrophic brake failure there.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

marcush.

Oh ..I´m looking forward to watch Nick coming home .... :-) :-)

Will he beat Kobayashi first time out or will it be an epic fight nose to tail with two of the best overtakers in F1 ?

horse

marcush. wrote:Will he beat Kobayashi first time out or will it be an epic fight nose to tail with two of the best overtakers in F1 ?
I don't think quick Nick has a chance of outshining Kobayashi. I would be amazed if, on his first weekend in a 2010 F1 car that he has never driven, he could match Kobayashi's pace.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

raymondu999

I don't think Quick Nick would match Kobayashi, at least not in the first weeks. We all know the stuff of what happened with Alguersuari, Fisichella, and Badoer last year.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

horse

raymondu999 wrote:I don't think Quick Nick would match Kobayashi, at least not in the first weeks.
He is good at overtaking though. It's a bit of an enigma that he's never won a GP.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

raymondu999

I'm not talking of overtaking, I'm talking about how he's been out of a car for what, 9 months?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法