Japanese GP 2010 - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Japanese GP 2010 - Suzuka

Sector 1: Red Bull
Sector 2: Frearri
Sector 3: Red Bull

Id expect to see some differing strategys here, but SC periods are a given here as well, so id expect to see those factored into the strategy as well.

Id expect to see theese guys take a new engine:
Barrichello, Kubica, Petrov - 7 (All currently on their 6th, both Renaults have made #6 last BEL, ITA and SIN)
Heidfeld - 11 (Two 10 place drops for 2 new engines id expect to see him thru to the end of the year)
Id exppect to see the others try and save their new engine till Brazil, as either way if Korea dosnt take place, its no great loss. It just effs up my data!!

ringo

Ferrari will be 3rd or 4rth best. They did not look good in spa and i'm expecting some similarities here with the elevation changes, straights and some high speed corners.
Turkey is also another reference as to ferraris strength on these kinds of tracks.

It's down to the wire now.
For Sure!!

wesley123
wesley123

indeed, this is an mclaren and red bull track. The first sector is all for Red Bull, but the last sector also suits the mclaren more, and then we have the straights. Also IMO McLaren have shown to have increased the downforce, their EBD seem to working better and better, they might be ok for this race, RBR its gains have dropped while the McLarens havent, at least not that much compared to Red Bull
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

horse

What a hard race to call! All of the top five drivers have performed well here over the years (with Webber probably being the weakest), and it seems we will just have to wait and see which car turns up the fastest. Red Bull must be favourite to do that, but can McLaren's updates jump Ferrari? I wouldn't discount a similar one-two to what we have seen at Singapore, in all honesty.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

raymondu999

Errm.. we didn't have a 1-2 finish at singapore
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

The S curves, Dunlop curve, and Spoon curve(particularly the exit onto the straight) are the only places that RB6 will have an advantage, all 3 are critical places. However a good lap requires good top speed as well as braking stability for the hair pin and the Casio triangle.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

I wonder though... if the RB will have enough to go through 130R flat out on the fduct, while others will have to disengage.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

seenathkumar
seenathkumar

ringo wrote:Ferrari will be 3rd or 4rth best. They did not look good in spa and i'm expecting some similarities here with the elevation changes, straights and some high speed corners.
Turkey is also another reference as to ferraris strength on these kinds of tracks.

Yes i agree past races has shown this.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

ringo wrote:Ferrari will be 3rd or 4rth best. They did not look good in spa and i'm expecting some similarities here with the elevation changes, straights and some high speed corners.

In Turkey they did not have a blown diffuser or F-duct. In Spa, Alonso was running with a wet setup. I think Ferrari will be up there. They've shown how versatile their car is in the last couple of races.

WhiteBlue

Ferrari seem to have a good solution for high and low downforce now but not for a track that has fast corners like Silverstone. At least that is the expectation.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Miguel
Miguel

WhiteBlue wrote:Ferrari seem to have a good solution for high and low downforce now but not for a track that has fast corners like Silverstone. At least that is the expectation.
The same Silverstone where Alonso qualified 3rd and got the fastest lap? I know the fastest lap in silverstone was not significant at all, but I don't think it's as cut clear that Ferrari will suck at Suzuka. Remember how Force India went very well at Spa and Monza last year, but were not as competitive in Suzuka.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

MikeFromCanada

raymondu999 wrote:I wonder though... if the RB will have enough to go through 130R flat out on the fduct, while others will have to disengage.
I honestly don't think 130R will be a great challenge for the majority of the established teams to do at full throttle. It's not as big of a challange as years past (along with Eau Rouge).

I also wouldn't discount the Ferraris at all for this track. Their car is evry well balanced overall.

The McLaren will figuratively be bringing a "double whammy" as Jenson put itfor this track. They will be bringing the Singapore update that they could not put on the car, as well as the Suzuka update that has been in the pipeline for some time. Expect McLaren to be right up there along with the Bulls (and IMO, Ferrari as well).

What a fantastic few races we have left!

myurr
myurr

Gerhard Berger wrote:In Turkey they did not have a blown diffuser or F-duct. In Spa, Alonso was running with a wet setup. I think Ferrari will be up there. They've shown how versatile their car is in the last couple of races.
Completely agree - all three teams will be right up there now for the remaining races. There will be some ebb and flow of performance from track to track but I don't think any of the top 3 will have a weak circuit for the rest of the year.

raymondu999

MikeFromCanada wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I wonder though... if the RB will have enough to go through 130R flat out on the fduct, while others will have to disengage.
I honestly don't think 130R will be a great challenge for the majority of the established teams to do at full throttle. It's not as big of a challange as years past (along with Eau Rouge).

I also wouldn't discount the Ferraris at all for this track. Their car is evry well balanced overall.

The McLaren will figuratively be bringing a "double whammy" as Jenson put itfor this track. They will be bringing the Singapore update that they could not put on the car, as well as the Suzuka update that has been in the pipeline for some time. Expect McLaren to be right up there along with the Bulls (and IMO, Ferrari as well).

What a fantastic few races we have left!
It will be flatout on the established teams, probably, but that wasn't quite my question :P

I asked if it could be (for the bulls, at least) to be flat out WITH THE FDUCT
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

one_o_six

As far as I have heard, Ferrari made a error trying some updates in Spa-Francorchamps, which did not work properly. They corrected it for Monza with success. They had previously marched well at Silverstone, the other fast track.
I think they will be good in Suzuka, depending on engine reliability; they do not have any more new engines.
The fact they run without f-duct in Singapore suggests they have both downforce and engine power. Suzuka will be closer to the fast circuits, so the main/only problem should be reliability (due engine wear).