Korean GP 2010 - Yeongam

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Giblet

Re: Korean GP 2010 - Yeongam

The car was on three wheels, going backwards, it can only steer one way.

Like we have already covered, do you have telemetry to show us that he didn't have his foot on the brake pedal? His brakes were still working after the shunt?

No?

Didn't think so. I'm terribly sick of speculation and opinion stated as fact.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

928S

A locked wheel will slide further than one with correct braking pressure, a locked wheel cannot be steered, The super slippery surface combined with the fact that the car was not longer balanced and the car had a certain amount of momentum left Plus Webber at that stage doesn't know he hasn't just got a puncture from the accident, It is a very long bow to draw to say that he was aiming for other competitors and risking getting T boned in the process.

As to the question about mixtures, no a rich mixture does no harm to an engine in this enviroment. Rich mixtures in old road cars used to dilute the oil and cause the bore to be washed down and accelerate long term wear, That is after thousands and thousands of kms.

By Forty-Two
Well, if that were the case, say with Vettel, and he was running rich for a long time trying to shed excess fuel weight, could this also have contributed to an engine failure?
Also I doubt Hamilton was using a setting to use extra fuel, it is safer to run the engine at the correct air fuel ratio, What is being suggested is that you burn off fuel now and then run the engine hot at the end of the race, doesn't make sense.

mr moda

marcush.

when gerhard has an opinion one should listen.He is friends to mateschitz as well so he has all reason not to cry out lóud...but he does.
To me it looked a bit miffy at the very least.But there you go.Webber does not take prisoners Hamilton and Vettel are well aware of this .the guy even battles with cars 5 seconds per lap slower..

mr moda

I agree.
He is an aggressive driver which in some cases I have been holding my head in my hands, but to honestly think that any driver in any series would willingly let their car roll back over the track in front of others with the chance of being T Boned is extremely far fetched in my opinion.
I think we have once again seen the Red Bull politics rearing its ugly head. Whilst there is no doubt that the team will throw its weight behind vettel next year ( which webber would undoubtedly have figured ) I do believe to bring up a comment like this is useless and destabilizing to the fragile chance of the WDC and WCC titles.

Ray

I see it as he would only have two wheels to brake with, and I would be willing to bet the rear brakes were not working after that hit anyway. Even with the front and rear brake circuits being separate in case of one failing, the right front was off the ground at that point. Going backward with one flat tire, the chassis dragging the ground effectively taking load off the rear, the right front in the air and on a wet track doesn't seem to me to be a great scenario to have effective braking. Even if he did, just as Giblet says, the car would have gone that way anyway. Him stabbing the brakes or not. Why would he risk being t-boned anyway? The only person that he could have wanted to take out, if he wanted to, was already long gone by that time.

zeph

mr moda wrote:http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/10/ ... n-gerhard/?

Yes have a lie down.
Although Joe Saward irritates me at times, I am with him on this. It's total and utter bovine faeces.
Giblet wrote: I'm terribly sick of speculation and opinion stated as fact.
+1

xpensive

marcush. wrote:when gerhard has an opinion one should listen.He is friends to mateschitz as well so he has all reason not to cry out lóud...but he does.
To me it looked a bit miffy at the very least.But there you go.Webber does not take prisoners Hamilton and Vettel are well aware of this .the guy even battles with cars 5 seconds per lap slower..
I think you are way out of line here marcush. Gerhard Berger is/was a business associate of Mateschitz, when he xpresses
utter trash like that it is not from an independent position, rather for a political reason I'm afraid.

If anyone in this forum believes anything other than Vettel being the preferred choice for the WDC of both Mateschitz and Marko, the latter incidentally being his financial "advisor" , think again.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Mysticf1

xpensive wrote:[
If anyone in this forum believes anything other than Vettel being the preferred choice for the WDC of both Mateschitz and Marko, the latter incidentally being his financial "advisor" , think again.
+1

Part of me wants Redbull to lose out on the WDC altogether for that reason alone.

imightbewrong

928S, you seem to know a lot about engines, how about posting in the Brazil race thread about the loss of power due to altitude?

lotus7

mr moda wrote: but to honestly think that any driver in any series would willingly let their car roll back over the track in front of others with the chance of being T Boned is extremely far fetched in my opinion.
Ed Zachery !

Just_a_fan

928S wrote: Also I doubt Hamilton was using a setting to use extra fuel, it is safer to run the engine at the correct air fuel ratio, What is being suggested is that you burn off fuel now and then run the engine hot at the end of the race, doesn't make sense.
Hamilton was heard on the radio asking the team for engine settings to give him maximum fuel use but still be able to go full bore later. I.e. he wanted to be running race settings later not lean settings but he didn't want to carry excess fuel if possible.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

forty-two

lotus7 wrote:
mr moda wrote: but to honestly think that any driver in any series would willingly let their car roll back over the track in front of others with the chance of being T Boned is extremely far fetched in my opinion.
Ed Zachery !

Sorry if I'm being slow here Lotus7, but who is Ed Zachery?

EDIT: Sorry, I think I get it now!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

djos

forty-two wrote:
lotus7 wrote:
Ed Zachery !

LOL, it's phonic english for "Exactly". :D
"In downforce we trust"

forty-two

djos wrote:
forty-two wrote:
lotus7 wrote: Ed Zachery !

LOL, it's phonic english for "Exactly". :D

Hehe, yep, I worked that out courtesy of:
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/humor-come ... 08861.html
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?