Korean GP 2010 - Yeongam

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Korean GP 2010 - Yeongam

segedunum wrote:Comparing race driving to the presence of mind you have when driving on the road by mentioning a driving license is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard on these forums and shows those people have no idea about racing.
Nope, you just have to know about crashing, and Webber is very knowledgeable when it comes to crashing...

The truth will come to light; we will see...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

hollus

If Webber really had control of his car and could steer it and brake at will (mere moments after bouncing of a wall), he could have stopped the car in the track. Then he was likely to have taken out 5 or 6 cars in a chain reaction, red flagged the race, ensure half points for everybody and possibly get some himself, Brasil 2003 style.
Rivals, not enemies.

ringo

why is no one focusing on the fact that he chose to continue?

Having made a choice means that he was in control of the car, is it not?
For Sure!!

aral

ringo wrote:why is no one focusing on the fact that he chose to continue?

Having made a choice means that he was in control of the car, is it not?
I could not see any point where he gave an indication of wanting to continue. The whole incident was one continuous event. But maybe some telemetry release might show where he put the car into first and pressed the accelerator. THAT is the only way that his actions could be ascertained, apart from asking Webber ourselves.

ringo

Horner said he wanted to continue.
Horner is more credible than any of us.
For Sure!!

djos

There is a big difference between wanting to continue and wanting to take another driver out!

The fact is, (as Horner mentioned and you have conveniently ignored), Webber did not realise the extent of the damage to his car! It was clear that after Webber hit the wall his left rear tire went down immediately and as a result the right front was clearly visible pointing skywards so regardless of wanting to continue he had no real control over the car.
"In downforce we trust"

zeph

ringo wrote:Horner is more credible than any of us.
:lol:

I don't think so.

Arunas

n smikle wrote:
segedunum wrote:Comparing race driving to the presence of mind you have when driving on the road by mentioning a driving license is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard on these forums and shows those people have no idea about racing.
Nope, you just have to know about crashing, and Webber is very knowledgeable when it comes to crashing...

The truth will come to light; we will see...

Not a fan of Weber, just wondering, how can it be, that beeng as knowledgeable at crashing and taking controll of damaged car as Weber is :?:, why he took Rosberg out? Doing any favors for himself in WDC.. There were some better choices to make: Alonso, Hamilton, you name it.
Or may be Weber is so bad at doing anything, he misscalculated Rosberg influence in WDC standings :lol:
Of course, the truth will come to light; and some of us will see...

myurr

ringo wrote:Horner said he wanted to continue.
Except Horner has a track record of lying and changing his story as facts come out to prove his original line to be incorrect.

The fact that would make me dispute Horners line is that as Webber is going across the track his front right tyre is very clearly up in the air due to broken rear suspension. There is no way that Webber would not have seen this and would have thought he could continue.

That said I find it equally as believable that Webber thought he was already on the circuit and that it would be better to continue all the way across at pace as he did so knowingly and deliberately. Rosberg made a very real error in trying to outrun Webbers car - he probably didn't have time to react, but aiming for where a car currently is during a crash when it is coming across the track is definitely something all racing drivers know.

Dragonfly

Webber did everything correct. Only the guy with an yellow helmet and in a silver car was the wrong one :D
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Richard

Race data is now posted on the race data thread ....

viewtopic.php?p=207273#p207273

ringo

myurr wrote:
ringo wrote:Horner said he wanted to continue.
Except Horner has a track record of lying and changing his story as facts come out to prove his original line to be incorrect.

The fact that would make me dispute Horners line is that as Webber is going across the track his front right tyre is very clearly up in the air due to broken rear suspension. There is no way that Webber would not have seen this and would have thought he could continue.

That said I find it equally as believable that Webber thought he was already on the circuit and that it would be better to continue all the way across at pace as he did so knowingly and deliberately. Rosberg made a very real error in trying to outrun Webbers car - he probably didn't have time to react, but aiming for where a car currently is during a crash when it is coming across the track is definitely something all racing drivers know.
So rosberg is in error now? :shock:

:lol:

Singapore all over again. Blame not Webber. :lol:

I'll take Horner more seriously than you. Sorry but I can't simply accept that the man is liar and take that as a fact. He has the telemetry and we don't. Your analysis is not what i saw either. Webber foolishly steered into the track, trying to continue.
Webber knew exactly where he was. He got so much years of experience; it's almost disreptful to him to dumb him down when it comes to controling an F1 car and knowing where he is on the track. These guys are rigorously trained for reaction time and spacial awareness. Webber is no fool behind the wheel.
He just lacks discipline.
Horner was speaking against Berger's claims. If horner was lying then it would mean Webber wanted to crash into someone. That would be the aim of the lie, not the idea that Webber had no control.Any how you look at Horner's statements, webber was wrong. Maybe it wasn't deliberate (if we accept he is a very poor driver) but it was unacceptable and he should have been punished.
For Sure!!

Ray

Who cares? He fuc ked up and crashed. No one was hurt, he was in/not in control of a very wrecked race car, and he shot himself in the foot possibly losing the WDC in the process. Get over it, he didn't crash Lewis so I don't see why you two even care.

ringo

Ray wrote:Who cares? He fuc ked up and crashed. No one was hurt, he was in/not in control of a very wrecked race car, and he shot himself in the foot possibly losing the WDC in the process. Get over it, he didn't crash Lewis so I don't see why you two even care.
:lol: well said. =D>
For Sure!!

Mysticf1

Ray wrote: Get over it, he didn't crash Lewis so I don't see why you two even care.
old wounds die hard :lol: