Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

ImageImage

2009 Result

1 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
2 Robert Kubica BMW Sauber
3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
4 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
5 Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes
6 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari
7 Sébastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari
8 Rubens Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 30 Oct 2010, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: shortened title by adding 'interlagos' instead of the official circuit name

godlameroso

Re: Brazilian GP 2010 - Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paul

Massa wins, Hamilton 2nd Vettel 3rd, Webber takes out Alonso, etc...
Saishū kōnā

King Six
King Six

Easy Red Bull pole. Changeable conditions and safety cars might affect the race outcome, if they race at all. It seems they don't really like to run in any sort of rain in F1 these days.

raymondu999

This championship is really topsy turvy, changing with each and every race. I'm hoping for the other 4 contenders to implode while Vettel romps to victory :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Rob01
Rob01

ray, you sound like Horner. And it's that exact attitude that has put Red Bull in it's current situation.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

I expect to see Massa perform well (he always seems to at this track), possibly even stronger than Alonso, but of course he will have to play the team game.

raymondu999

If anything I thought I sounded like Helmut lol. Not saying that I am. Sorry, don't mind me. I haven't gotten over the fact that Bahrain repeated, gifting Seb's sure victory (and both pole-to-flags, mind you) to Alonso.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Miguel
Miguel

Mmm... this is a tough one. The inside part of the track reminds me a bit of Hungary, which should favour the Red Bulls. The bumpiness of the track should add to this. On the other hand. McLaren are likely to recover quite a few time on the straight and backstraight, maybe of the order of 0.4s. Ferrari are a bit in the middle. Given the short length, and how close past qualifying sessions have been, I expect the top 6 drivers (including Massa!) within 0.5s for pole.

I don't have a clue of what will happen in the race. Nevertheless, I'll be back in Spain and able to see it with my family. I'll sure enjoy it.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

tifoly013usa
tifoly013usa

red bull front row, turn 1 solution (brasil always has an interesting turn 1 )
i'm hoping Mclaren has hit the bottom and are bouncing back. i like seeing them race to the front but not more than 2 or 3x in 1 season. i would like to see an Alonso & lewis race. Lewis out on top by the end ofcourse!

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Massa will go well here, he traditionally has done, Alonso needs a car under him here to feel at one with the track... But on alonso, this track is a traditional engine breaker, and with Alonso using his Spa engine here, the one that did Singapore as well (i think) and how thin he is on milage per engine, i can see him blow a block here.

Webber won last year, and with a good car, goes well here too. Vettel likes the circuit i feel, but i can see him doing something, but with how thin he is on engines as well now, being able to challange the same way he would have liked to. May be asked to fall in and help Webber, or take the "gentlemans aggreement" route.

Hamilton has a mixed past with this track, will go decently well enough to do something. But will need help from Button i feel. The McLarens arnt as thin on milage as the Red Bulls or Ferarris, but lack that 0.2 a second in killer lap time.

Joker cards will be the Mercedes as i can see this being their style of track, MS is on a wave of form and NR has something to prove after 2 DNFs in a row. Kubica will go naturally well here, the Renault may be one of the better ballanced cars on this track. If the car suits the track id expect to see some Kamacazee Kobiyashai as well, this is his type of track i think.

Miguel
Miguel

ESPImperium wrote:Massa will go well here, he traditionally has done, Alonso needs a car under him here to feel at one with the track... But on alonso, this track is a traditional engine breaker, and with Alonso using his Spa engine here, the one that did Singapore as well (i think) and how thin he is on milage per engine, i can see him blow a block here.
It's you who's keeping track of chassis and engines, but from all I've read and heard, Alonso's Singapore engine was also used in Germany and Hungary. One of the Spa/Monza engines also did Suzuka, and I suppose the other did Korea. Those are, AFAIK, the race-ready engines. Thus, he can make it to the end with three races per engine.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

ESPImperium wrote:Massa will go well here, he traditionally has done, Alonso needs a car under him here to feel at one with the track... But on alonso, this track is a traditional engine breaker, and with Alonso using his Spa engine here, the one that did Singapore as well (i think) and how thin he is on milage per engine, i can see him blow a block here.
Not sure how much this can be trusted:
Mandzipop @ autosport forums wrote:I asked someone in the know and Brazil isn't as harsh as it looks on paper.

"The reduced atmospheric pressure costs the engines around 7% of their power output; as a result, the 62% of the lap spent at full throttle is equivalent to 56% at sea level. While this reduces the demands on some components such as the pistons, other parts of the engine, such as the crankshaft, are still subjected to significant loadings."

Can't name my source, but it is from someone from an F1 team.
But why should his engine pop if it is just on its third race? The engines are supposed to last three races.

Edit: Regarding Miguels post, James Allen says the same:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/09/f ... situation/
Last edited by imightbewrong on 25 Oct 2010, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

ESPImperium wrote: Joker cards will be the Mercedes as i can see this being their style of track
I can see them doing well, but to win? 6 cars will need to retire.
More could have been done.
David Purley

raymondu999

it would be epic to see Fernando get a false neutral on lap 1 and fall down from 3rd to 18th lol... I remember the last time THAT happened...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

It's an epic fail to wish that upon someone. Everyone is giving it their best and your ill hopes are very unsportsmanlike.

"Don' wish upon others what you wouldn't want upon yourself"
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.